Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Elizabeth Murdoch-Jones, HOA president, "I regret to inform you there was yet another break in at the HOA office."
She leans toward a small grove of ficus plants sitting to the right of the podium, "And if anyone is unable to attend, the meetings are livecast at our website."

----

Murdoch-Jones wins re-election with 2.6 million votes out of 58 eligible voters.

----

"I have upsetting news: The Suharto City Sanitation Department found a box of human feet abandoned curb-side last Tuesday. As a courtesy, I remind you that Tuesday pickups are for trash and recycling. Lawn clippings, furniture, and biomatter are on the first Friday of every month. This is not a new rule, people, this comes out of your pocket."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
"Listen we've got to talk to the family of the resident in 304b about his dementia. It's getting worse. He stormed into the office yesterday claiming that we bugged his toaster, blender, and washer and dryer, and have been selling his secrets to the Russians. We've only bugged his toaster and his secrets are going to the Ukrainians."

alnilam

Amending the ordinance on radio antenna towers to cover numbers stations too, since a certain somebody kept insisting "it's not a ham tower so it's not against the rules"

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
The neighborhood watch has troubling ties to the Moroccan government.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
"Is there anyone here who ISN'T named John Smith?"

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Some teenagers egg a house and are later found two miles outside of town unharmed apart from the concrete shoes.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
The only town in America where every menu is written in Siciliano or Russian. The galubtsi with arancini is pretty good though.

Manifisto

resolution to levy a fine against the johnsons for failing to mow their listening devices and trim their spy cameras

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

The height of people's grass is constantly precisely monitored by a mission impossible style laser grid

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
"Wow, Jillian," John Smith said, "get a load of that bluebird! What a lovely shade of blue!

... Jillian?"

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Mr. Jones: Good morning, Mr. Smith. How are you today?

Mr. Smith: Who wants to know! I mean, uh- hi. I'm alright?

Mr. Jones: You'll get the hang of it.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Man, you folks really like trench coats out here.

-- Kevin, who isn't invited back any more

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Four surveillance cameras, two Watcher drones, and yet my Sunday paper is still stolen.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Every grandma in the subdivision has a hidden duffle bag with a spare photo album, spare recipes, and a lifetime of fullfilling memories just in case they have to bug out.

Manifisto

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Four surveillance cameras, two Watcher drones, and yet my Sunday paper is still stolen.

actually the sunday paper is now being delivered on microfilm

check your dead drop

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Shady Bridge, the only retirement village that requires a top secret security clearance so your kids can play Pokemon Go!

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
You should just assume the eggnog is poisoned.

alnilam

there's a knock on the door it's the mail carrier here to deliver a package john prepares to knock him out in order to take his uniform and impersonate him so as to catch a peek at neighbor linda's interior christmas decorations in progress he opens the door and before he can ready the chloroform he realizes that the mail carrier looks very familiar in fact it's Linda herself!!

"starting to look festive in here... John" she said with a grin, she tosses a package on the porch and walks away

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
"This Christmas parade of homes is going to be the 2010 Punkin' Patch all over again."

Everyone takes off their hats and mumbles prayers.

UWBW

Mr Jones and Mr Ivanov live side by side. Each has amassed a sizeable amount of of garden gnomes, yet neither of them actually puts them in their yard for fear of retaliation - they just keep them in their shed. Of course, at the HOA meetings they complain about the amount of garden gnomes the other has ("What if he puts them out?" "If he puts out his gnomes I'm going to put out mine").

Meanwhile, Mr. Castro down the street signs off on yet another massive shipment of gnomes, grinning at the two houses as he does so.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
You need a top secret clearance to read most of the restricted covenants. Almost all of the text of the subdivision documents on file at the county clerk's office is redacted.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

UWBW posted:

Mr Jones and Mr Ivanov live side by side. Each has amassed a sizeable amount of of garden gnomes, yet neither of them actually puts them in their yard for fear of retaliation - they just keep them in their shed. Of course, at the HOA meetings they complain about the amount of garden gnomes the other has ("What if he puts them out?" "If he puts out his gnomes I'm going to put out mine").

Meanwhile, Mr. Castro down the street signs off on yet another massive shipment of gnomes, grinning at the two houses as he does so.

UWBW

Cartons of milk at the local convenience store bear a label that reads "Have you seen this boy?" with fine print underneath that reads "Please request archive access from a Level 3 HOA Official at your local post office to see this picture".

UWBW

You know, it's the darndest thing - Mr. Dillinger pointed out that Ms. Tweedy's lawn was mowed improperly one week, and the next week Ms. Tweedy's lawn was impeccable and Mr. Dillinger had an unfortunate lawnmower accident that caused his lawn to go un-mowed for a month. I asked him about it once, and he got a real strange look on his face, said he "couldn't remember ever pointing that out" and rushed out of the room to return some VHS tapes.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
MEMO

Shady Bridge Home Owners Association

To: Mr. and Mrs. Johnson
123 Apple Way
City Name redacted
5-digit zip code redacted

RE: Lawn Ornament, Pink Flamingo, one each

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Johnson,

It has come to our attention that you have chosen to display a lawn ornament, specifically, a plastic mass produced pink flamingo, on your front lawn. As you are no doubt aware, displaying of such lawn accoutrements is well within your rights as home owners so long as such ornaments are in fact, ornaments, and not other items in violation of HOA rules. This includes, but is not limited to items that may be used for surveillence, observation, intent to blackmail, subterfuge, cooercion and of course deadly force.

Your neighbors are concerned to walk their dogs past your property for fear that the lawn ornament in question may be more than it appears to be. Since you did not file supplemental paperwork required for such exotic equipment we have no reason to believe this is currently the case, unless of course there was in fact an oversight on your part.

If so please leave the required paperwork on the second shelf of your medicine cabinet next to the Alka-Seltzer where it will be filed promptly and without incident.

You have 8 standard hours to reply to this message.

This memo will self destruct in 10 seconds.

Have a nic

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
Too many black Lincoln and ZiL stretch limousines parking in the village would highlight who is on which side too readily, so everyone is currently in an informal red Kia-driving detente.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
I feel like Shady Bridge must be in Shaggy Butte, and the dog classifieds are methods of transmitting coded messages.

UWBW

Bacon Taco posted:

I feel like Shady Bridge must be in Shaggy Butte, and the dog classifieds are methods of transmitting coded messages.

If you decode the dog classifieds you can find a coded message for the best coupons to use at Ralph's next week before they make the deals public.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
We interrupt the channel 4 weather team to bring you a public bulletin: The Shady Bridge Secret Santa Committee has been disbanded by neighborhood watch captain Timo Salvanius. The Santa Committee planning board is safe and unharmed. Historical Santa records are secure and undisturbed. Normal holiday cheer may resume after 2 PM today.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Bill, who is new here, "Thanks for inviting me over for poker guys. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this place, but you know I can't find an accountant. Who do you all use?"

Everyone just laughs, but there's now a gun on the table.

Majuju

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
The local clothing store does a brisk trade in combination sock garter-ankle holsters.

Anyone buying a house in Shady Bridge should have the property surveyed for existing septic tanks and buried crates of Kalashnikovs.

John Smith up the street had the dentist install a Centrum Silver capsule in his tooth.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
The HOA bans storing boats in your driveway, but turns a blind eye to unlabeled crates.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
The only gated community patrolled by die Grenztruppen.

UWBW

The county executive once proposed some major construction work across the street from Shady Bridge. The next day, the county executive changed her mind, and forbade construction in that area. This in itself was not so strange except that in that on night, the county executive had grown two inches, lost 50 pounds, and was now a woman.

When pressed, county officials began sweating profusely and kept saying "How bout that sports?" while spilling coffee from their shaking hands.

Majuju

"Did you hear? They want to take away John Smith's driver's license! All he did was accidentally flip the anti-personnel missile switch on his car instead of dropping an oil slick, and it's not like there was anyone in that John Smith's Legitimate Business when the missile hit it anyhow."

UWBW

Majuju posted:

"Did you hear? They want to take away John Smith's driver's license! All he did was accidentally flip the anti-personnel missile switch on his car instead of dropping an oil slick, and it's not like there was anyone in that John Smith's Legitimate Business when the missile hit it anyhow."

Was that the Legitimate Business on 14th street or 19th? I always get those confused - they sell the exact same pieces of old furniture that no one actually buys.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
A flock of geese circled over Shady Bridge eyeing the swimming pool with interest.

Crackers Sr. urged the other geese on. You don't fool around on a migration he said. But Crackers Jr. was having none of it. He was still a young goose, but already a swan at heart. No old pigeon was going to tell him what to do.

Crackers Jr. spiraled down down down toward that perfect green lawn, that perfect white tile, that perfect blue pool. He scanned the cul-de-sac with long, lazy glances. Nothing to be worried about. One webbed toe dipped onto the emerald lawn.

He never saw the shooter.

Far above, Crackers Sr. watched his arrogant son explode into a comforter's worth of feathers. There was no time to mourn, he had a flock to tend. Besides, he'd been warned. Everyone knows you don't mess around on a migration.

Majuju

UWBW posted:

Was that the Legitimate Business on 14th street or 19th? I always get those confused - they sell the exact same pieces of old furniture that no one actually buys.

Oh, uh, I don't recall, actually.

*later, at the bridge club*

Ladies! You'll never guess who doesn't have Argyle-level security clearance!

alnilam

A lot of our HOA fees go to the guys who carry large panes of glass and stack crates of watermelons back and forth across the just-barely-car-width alleyway at the edge the neighborhood, but let me tell you it's worth every penny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Traditionally the HOA president begins every meeting by faking their own death. Kind of a running gag. Terry hasn't gotten up for about ten minutes now and people are starting to wonder, but I know that if Greg were going to do that he wouldn't have used something so uncouth as a pistol, nor would he have made his"argument" with her earlier this week quite so obvious.

• Locked thread