Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BELLY

THICK

WITH CHILD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

gently caress you page snipe!

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Watching this, on episode 10, can confirm it is really really fun.

Wolf is awesome.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Damo posted:

Watching this, on episode 10, can confirm it is really really fun.

Wolf is awesome.

Ep10:

"The best future is in the past.Here. In 1985. The present." -Wolf

So loving good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There is no downside to cocaine. Period.

The worst thing about cocaine is it takes most of a day to kick, so you lose a day.

I don't think the AV Club reviewer gets this show, he was complaining that the “fax machine pulled me back in” line was cliched, like that wasn’t exactly the point.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004
I had no intention of watching this, I just fell asleep watching the Orville one day and it auto started. I'm SUPER happy it did, the pilot is a bit over the top, but each episode gets better and better. The Top Gun scene had me loving dying.

I really hope this gets a season 2.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Hutcherson is a comedic genius.

https://instagram.com/p/BW3214qFYFC/

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Nov 23, 2017

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Really enjoying this show so far. I like the jokes and how thoroughly it explores the absurd scifi concepts. But one thing is bugging me and by episode 7 I can't tell if it's a continuity error or not. Why does Tiger's hair change color so often?

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Derek Wilson is a comedic genius

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
christ, I watched the first episode of this and... I can kind of see the value of poo poo like Big Bang Theory now

because when you go too real with nerds you end up with obnoxious assholes that nobody wants to watch

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

christ, I watched the first episode of this and... I can kind of see the value of poo poo like Big Bang Theory now

because when you go too real with nerds you end up with obnoxious assholes that nobody wants to watch

You failed this forum, GTFO

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So hanging plot thread for a season 2, definitely something about Tiger and the gas not effecting her, maybe secretly she was a biotic?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

So hanging plot thread for a season 2, definitely something about Tiger and the gas not effecting her, maybe secretly she was a biotic?

That's how I read it

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
There's also the insects in the finale.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought they were going to do something with Josh not telling Kronish's wife where he went but it didn't come up in those last couple of episodes. So who knows if it is a plot thread.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The only "nerd" in the show is Futturman and he's great. Unless you mean Paul Scheer and Hot For Luigi? They're barely in it at all.

I'd give it another couple episodes. The pilot sold me but others think it's weak.

I lost it at "operation Black Face".

e: lmao "shoving street cock in your face"

precision fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Nov 26, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

The only "nerd" in the show is Futturman and he's great. Unless you mean Paul Scheer and Hot For Luigi? They're barely in it at all.

I'd give it another couple episodes. The pilot sold me but others think it's weak.

I lost it at "operation Black Face".

e: lmao "shoving street cock in your face"

"Jesus, man, what's got you so steamed?"
"My commander just belittled me in front of an inferior."
"Been there, my old lady's a real oval office, too."

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

No tickling in the truffledome!

Wasn't expecting much but this loving rules. Has there been any word on a second season?

Howard Overman is credited as co-creator. If you've not seen Misfits it's worth checking out (the first two seasons anyway).

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I also didn't like the pilot but the entire show so far has been worth it for the James Cameron episode.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Zaggitz posted:

I also didn't like the pilot but the entire show so far has been worth it for the James Cameron episode.
There's no word for wolf....but there is a Na'vi word for 'website'.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

discworld is all I read posted:

There's no word for wolf....but there is a Na'vi word for 'website'.

I assure you it makes perfect sense.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
We made it to the Fatal Attraction episode, and it has to be the hardest we laughed all year. This show will end up in my top 10.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Make sure to look at the episode titles. The next one made me do a double take.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
This show started off a little slow but holy poo poo once it gets going it is hilarious. The Bill Cosby bit in the frat house slayed me

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Watched this show. It's fun.

I really love how Wolf developed. He was pulling off the 80s-douche look quite well. And I have to respect people who find a passion for cooking and decide to pursue it.
Tiger was honestly a little boring at times. She's the no nonsense military type, but she doesn't really change all that much. Other than the fact that she dislikes killing children, I guess. She looks good, and doesn't seem like a bad actress, so that's enough for some...

And the resistance are definitely the bad guys. It sounds like the future is really cool and sweet for 99.999% of the population. But a few militant rednecks just prefer eating rats in the sewers to social progress. Everyone lives in a utopia, but they decide to make it a dystopia for themselves by blowing of hospitals and such.
I kinda want to see the effects this show had on the future. Before everything was in order with a few terrorists around. Now those guys have taken over and it's a Mad Max future where the sewer dwellers aren't "suppressed" anymore.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 2, 2017

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can't believe I just heard the line "I'm loving you with your own cock"

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Rarity posted:

I can't believe I just heard the line "I'm loving you with your own cock"

I had to rewind it and listen to the line again.

The only complaint about the show is I found the finale to be the weakest episode. It is shame, because it was coming in blazing hot. Wolf might be the best new character of 2017.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Shopkeep! I have some questions about this little boy's murder simulator."

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LadyPictureShow posted:

And like I said in the couchchat thread, I want to see a rundown of every reference/sendup/'wink' to things. I was sure Wolf in the sleeveless waiter top/bow tie was a riff on that Swayze Chippendales SNL bit.

The guy who created The Middleman (which, if you liked Future Man, you should watch as well) did a write up of all the references in every episode and put them on his blog. I think Future Man’s writers doing that for Future Man is the only way to get a comprehensive list.

That said, “literally all media that has ever so much as batted an eye at time travel” is a good place to start with the references list.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cant cook creole bream posted:

And the resistance are definitely the bad guys. It sounds like the future is really cool and sweet for 99.999% of the population. But a few militant rednecks just prefer eating rats in the sewers to social progress. Everyone lives in a utopia, but they decide to make it a dystopia for themselves by blowing of hospitals and such.
I kinda want to see the effects this show had on the future. Before everything was in order with a few terrorists around. Now those guys have taken over and it's a Mad Max future where the sewer dwellers aren't "suppressed" anymore.

If you ignore how they sterilized all of the members of the resistance, yea they are the good guys.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also you don't usually put brain bombs in your own soldiers' heads.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

muscles like this! posted:

Also you don't usually put brain bombs in your own soldiers' heads.

That's only for the ones who go back in time (I assume), and it may also be a mercy thing. It would suck to be tortured and turned into a human sports almanac if past people figured out who you were.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bring back old gbs posted:

That's only for the ones who go back in time (I assume), and it may also be a mercy thing. It would suck to be tortured and turned into a human sports almanac if past people figured out who you were.

It wasn't just for the one sent to the past otherwise Tiger and Wolf wouldn't have been so familiar with disabling them.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It wasn't just for the one sent to the past otherwise Tiger and Wolf wouldn't have been so familiar with disabling them.

lmao good point. I was kinda thinking the same thing, that the resistance are like hardcore anti vaxxers and the good guys have cured all diseases

but its kinda hard to reconcile the brain bombs

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The brain bombs could be voluntary. After all, resistance torture is extremely brutal.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I feel like this show was maybe a couple episodes too long, but I'm not complaining as I enjoyed every minute spent with these characters, especially Wolf and Kronish. It's also a show that I would never have heard about outside TV IV. Here's hoping it gets renewed.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

but its kinda hard to reconcile the brain bombs

I'm assuming the Death Crypts of the Overfiend or whatever past video-gamey adventures that were referenced weren't the results of a kinder more enlightened society either. Fuckin' myrms man.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Detention is amazing poo poo.

I need a Space Bear adventure movie now.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This show is amazing but like The Booth at the End, it won't get nearly the attention it deserves.

The pilot is a legit problem though. Should've made t a double episode or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
The beginning of the second episode is sooooo good.

• Locked thread