Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I'm enjoying the reaction to this show mostly because a friend of mine plays the young version of the father and it's extremely cool and weird to see this kind of reaction to him and something he's in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Polaron posted:

I'm enjoying the reaction to this show mostly because a friend of mine plays the young version of the father and it's extremely cool and weird to see this kind of reaction to him and something he's in.

Holy poo poo, your friend did a phenomenal job and should be commended. Just tell him a guy from the internet thought he nailed it, there can't possibly be higher praise than that.

(But seriously, I was floored by how well he played the role. I thought they got EBJ's kid or something, the look and the mannerisms were just perfect.)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Polaron posted:

Well he did an astonishly great job, tell him a internet stranger said so.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

I'd watch the Adventures of Young Ed Begley Jr. so hard

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Sumo posted:

I'd watch the Adventures of Young Ed Begley Jr. so hard

Agreed. He just gives the impression that his transition from stoned partier to parent would involve fantastic shenanigans.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Hah, I will definitely pass along your compliments. It's been extremely surreal because I remember a while back when he posted on Facebook that he'd been cast in something on Hulu and I assumed it would just be a bit part and then suddenly the show releases and people are talking about someone I've known since the second grade.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Young Begley was definitely the best character after Wolf.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
The best thing about this whole show is the way Tiger & Wolf narrate their fight moves.

"Crystal antler shield!"

suddenlyissoon fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 5, 2017

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
I like the little payoff with that running gag when Futterman is hiding in the little house during the fight at the Christmas party, and some guy tries attacking him through the window and he bites their wrist and says "wrist bite!"

Also funny how when you first hear the combat narrations they are in the video game, and you just kinda figure it's just there cause it's a thing people do while playing video games, or characters in the game do for effect, then you actually meet the real people behind the game and you discover they actually do narrate their moves in real life combat.

Damo fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 6, 2017

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

suddenlyissoon posted:

The best thing about this whole show is the way Tiger & Wolf narrate their fight moves.

"Crystal antler shield!"

"Paring knife! Paring knife! Paring knife! Paring knife!"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was just cracking up at work because I remembered when the camera cuts back to inside the black frat house he's singing Superman That Ho and doing the dance.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

alphabettitouretti posted:

No tickling in the truffledome!

Wasn't expecting much but this loving rules. Has there been any word on a second season?

Howard Overman is credited as co-creator. If you've not seen Misfits it's worth checking out (the first two seasons anyway).

I kinda liked all of the misfits though the good to eh ratio was worse as it went on.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

bring back old gbs posted:

I was just cracking up at work because I remembered when the camera cuts back to inside the black frat house he's singing Superman That Ho and doing the dance.

While watching that scene I said “oh my god they’re gonna BTTF one of the dance moves”

AND THEN THEY DID

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Flatscan posted:

"Paring knife! Paring knife! Paring knife! Paring knife!"

I think my favorite one of these is at the very end where Tiger is freaking out and stabbing the poo poo out of a biotic and she just goes "GUN KNIFE, GUN KNIFE, loving GUN KNIFE"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

lelandjs posted:

While watching that scene I said “oh my god they’re gonna BTTF one of the dance moves”

AND THEN THEY DID

My fav bit of the whole scene was "First you take the Jell-O and you shake it up and it gets more gelatinous, and then you take the Spanish fly and you put it in the Jell-O, and you give it to the unsuspecting lady, and the lady goes Woo!'"

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Rocksicles posted:

My fav bit of the whole scene was "First you take the Jell-O and you shake it up and it gets more gelatinous, and then you take the Spanish fly and you put it in the Jell-O, and you give it to the unsuspecting lady, and the lady goes Woo!'"

"You told that joke so bad it made me not like Bill Cosby"

"Alright, well, get used to that."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's funny how they never try to go back and fix the "Blapple" stuff. They just kind of roll with it.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

muscles like this! posted:

It's funny how they never try to go back and fix the "Blapple" stuff. They just kind of roll with it.
More power to black innovators. They got peanut butter, stop lights, and now Apple devices.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Fantastic show from episode 2 onward. I've been trying to convince people to give it a go, but this show is a hard sell.

If you loving love the 80s, you've gotta watch this.

I thought that Owl was going to fry that brain worm with the energy drink, but they just decided to electrocute him and kill him off in the end. Seemed like a wasted opportunity.

Hope there's a season 2. Did Seth Rogen have any input into this show other than promoting it?

SpaceAceJase fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 9, 2017

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

He produced and directed some episodes, I think.

This show is even better on a rewatch, but that first episode is still hard to get through.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The pilot is fine. It's just a necessary way to introduce the hit points for the story.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
This show is amazing and James Cameron is a piece of poo poo.

I think its a commentary on how lovely the eighties were that Wolf instantly fits in there without even slightly tempering his aggression.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I like how they just did a shot for shot remake of the Top Gun volleyball scene. No need to embellish, this is plenty funny verbatim.

teamcharlie
Dec 9, 2012
Future Man is, without hyperbole, the best new show I've seen all Goddamned year. Sucks for the longevity of the series that it takes more than the first episode for the insane bullshit to really ramp up, but it gets SO good even just by episode 2 and then keeps getting better. Mainlined the whole series in the last couple days and I feel so pumped about the whole thing.

Goons: if you haven't seen it, watch Future Man. It's free with Hulu, the writing is very strong, and everybody in it is in top form. If nothing else, you'll never look at Peeta from Hunger Games the same way again. But you'll probably also poo poo yourself laughing.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
You're posting in the future man thread...

But yes! Go endorse it in couch chat!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

teamcharlie posted:

Future Man is, without hyperbole, the best new show I've seen all Goddamned year. Sucks for the longevity of the series that it takes more than the first episode for the insane bullshit to really ramp up, but it gets SO good even just by episode 2 and then keeps getting better. Mainlined the whole series in the last couple days and I feel so pumped about the whole thing.

Goons: if you haven't seen it, watch Future Man. It's free with Hulu, the writing is very strong, and everybody in it is in top form. If nothing else, you'll never look at Peeta from Hunger Games the same way again. But you'll probably also poo poo yourself laughing.

It sounds like you haven't seen Detention. Watch Detention.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rarity posted:

Detention was ahead of it's time.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rarity posted:

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

I just binged this and i think i havent laughed this hard since archer season 2.it really came out of loving nowhere.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

lelandjs posted:

The guy who created The Middleman (which, if you liked Future Man, you should watch as well) did a write up of all the references in every episode and put them on his blog. I think Future Man’s writers doing that for Future Man is the only way to get a comprehensive list.

That said, “literally all media that has ever so much as batted an eye at time travel” is a good place to start with the references list.

A link would be nice.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vincent posted:

A link would be nice.

Oh, the creator of The Middleman wrote up all the references in The Middleman, not Future Man. Sorry.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Renewed

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

muscles like this! posted:

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Renewed

Yessss

Last week we had house-guests, my girlfriend's parents from China, and they kept turning the TV on to random English language shows they cannot really understand a word of, as background noise with cool effects I guess. Most of the shows that get (randomly?) selected and left on are pretty terrible but one of the days I was walking through the living room trying to ignore it to do work and my ears caught the words "shoving street cock in your face", causing my head to do a 180 as I immediately dropped everything to try to find out what the hell was going on. This proved impressively difficult. They left town that day and my girlfriend and I binged the entire show right afterwards. What a good show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
NICE! More Street Cock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

The term "rathole" has made it into the lexicon at my house.

• Locked thread