Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
calranthe
Jul 2, 2009
Problem description: If I try to launch Minecraft Windows store edition it goes to the Mojang launch screen then drops back to desktop no error report or log that I can find, Minecraft works fine on my laptop (same version windows 10 store edition) decided to try it with my gaming computer and Oculus Rift, when I tried to install and launch it via Oculus home it installed 500k then launched to the start up screen and gave me the Failed to launch Minecraft please press A, that is when I thought okay maybe it needs installing none VR version first, my only other store game is Forza horizon 3 and that works fine.

Computer has had no other issues and I play a lot of games probably the most stable pc I have ever built, my driver update software does say I have two drivers that need updating the first being one to do with Oculus and I prefer to go by its own software (last time I updated Bluetooth software my Rift stopped working) and the other is an updated driver for the USB expansion card which is also invalid because when I did try that update it caused my USB card to stop recognising USB 3.

My instinct is telling me it is either some conditional software Minecraft during its requirements check during launch or a corruption of the store cache which is not clearing honestly I have no clue.

Attempted fixes: Updated driver for graphics card and system, updated bios, updated windows (no current updates needed), uninstalled both versions used WSreset.exe to reset cache, signed in and out of my Microsoft account, ran the Xbox app which has no problem logging in, SFC /scannow to see if we had any file issues, ran the windows troubleshooter program, no issues found, googled and found other problems that could cause this tested all solutions that were relevant no change, posted on the Minecraft windows 10 edition support forum last week, no support given.

Recent changes: Only recent chance is removal of last mechanical hard drive and a new graphics card but both were done during the problems not before.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 pro 64bit.

System specs: Self built, i7 6700k cpu, Asus z170 gamer pro motherboard, 16gb DDR4 Teamgroup memory, EVGA 1080ti FTW 3 graphics card, storage m2 samsung 950 pro, intel 500gb ssd, samsung evo 250gb ssd, onboard sound, usb expansion card, 1080 display iiyama monitor, Oculus Rift, Logitech G600 mouse and Logitech G13 gamepad.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread