Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

how do you know what model your ps3 is? i got one for free last month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

to get an idea of how good at these things i am, when i got it i had to watch 5 youtube videos and it took me 2 dayss to find out why the screen was flickering and the sound cutting out (it was some option in the menus to make it do that)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

if its the kind with the kind of corrugated plastic looking top and the disc tray that just slides open then its a super slim which apparently cant be done just yet, the slim has a kind of matte surface and the old style fat ps3 is a huge glossy thing. if its a regular slim then you need to look at the label but if its a fat one then they all work

turns out my ps3 is much like me, regular slim

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Mine is like me too. A fat model that overheats easily and plays old games

haha

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thinking i might finally hack that ps3...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

everyone please look forward to my future thread "my ps3 has been bricked, no matter what firmware i was on"

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lol

It's not so bad. What exact model is it? I can lend you a hand

im not home, im going to give it a shot tomorrow

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

check this out. the thing you have that runs your web browser can also run ps2 games thru the magic of technology

samsung have really upped their game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

That being said the number thing I wanna do is make the power supply external because you can no joke fry an egg on that thing but there isn't a single good guide out there on how to do it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

spent my evening setting this up and its pretty awesome. gonna use it for ps1/psp games for now, since they have hardware support, before even trying to use any probably junky emulators. its fascinating looking at the homebrew databases for this and its flooded with ports of 12 year old link to the past romhacks with expanded universes and pdf lore companions with 25 total downloads.

i went to do it a while ago but i got confused by the instructions and gave up :eng99:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ps3, im retarded

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think i got confused by the nand nor stuff, maybe ill try again next week when i have a new computer

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

How much is a PS2 these days and can you easily HDMI convert that rear end.

i just looked and theyre <$100 so im going to buy one lol. no about hdmi because im gonna put that baby through my CRT

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I was thinking for making streaming easier is all.

ok i looked and it turns out its a $10 device you can plug straight into the ps2

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

now waiting for my ps2 and free mcboot card to arrive.... I basically only experienced that era friends houses so i have a lot of classic gaming to catch up on

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

The Klowner posted:

the real question is did they hack the Nintendo 64 yet. Now that would be real nifty

you just get a flash cart

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

PS2 has some of the all-time greats... I envy anyone experiencing them for the first time

i have mgs 4 and 5 already in the wings waiting to be played after going 16 years without getting spoiled on 3

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive got my free mcboot card and now as far as i can work out, since i dont want to stream games from my pc the easiest way to play is get the oem network sata adapter thing for like $20, a 2 tb hdd and then load games onto it via the usb port? please correct me if im an r word and theres a better way

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think you can load games on the HDD over the network and it’s faster because the USB port is 1.1 and it’s insanely slow

everything ive reas says the sata adapter gets ridnif the network port :geno:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh I dunno I have a slim PS2 and just run games from the network share. Maybe you can get a SATA USB adapter and load the games from your computer, it’s bound to be quicker than doing it on the PS2

the fat has a network adapter but theres an official l adapter you get that lets you use sata hard drives instead of ide but you lose the network port. apparently there's a 3rd party one that lets you have the port but i have no idea where to find it lol

i can boot off my pc for now but i don't want my ps2 tied to my laptop to game and dedicate all my space on there to roms lol i guess it looks like 17 days straight of file transferring is the best option so far unless i can find that adapter lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

pyrofreak421 posted:

A program called winhiip will put the game directly on the hard drive if you get it connected to your computer via USB. Or at least that is the way I did it the last time I messed with the HDloader stuff

yeah i found that out yesterday. i think after i play a bunch of burnout 3 I'm gonna have a metal gear august

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

is there a romset designed to fill my 2tb drive with only good poo poo and skips over things like antz extreme racing or am i about to slowly make it over time?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

just scrollnig through this list and making mental notes on how much gameing i have to do https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps2/filtered

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i was looking up guitar hero controllers on ebay since retail stores are closed and everyone has them listed for like $60 like there isn't buckets full of them sitting at every single savers in the country

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

It's not a "best of" pack or anything but this should be a lot easier for ya, and no annoying torrents to deal with if you don't want to. You can just go down the list, right-click > save as on anything that you want individually.

https://archive.org/download/redumpSonyPlaystation2UsaGames2018Aug01

part 2:

https://archive.org/download/RedumpSonyPS2NTSCUPart2

thats where i was already getting them from, i was just hoping someone had made a good compilation in case theres some hidden gems id never heard of, ive got a royal banquet of gaming ahead anyway. thank you archive.org

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i swear to god i cant work out how to correctly format my drat 2tb drive, every result on the internet tells me to do it a different way but its obviously not doing it right because none of the iso loaders can see it when i hook it up to my pc. i feel like the worlds biggest r-tard

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

omg i found the solution in this youtube video with 5000 views if anyone ever runs into the same problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vae3dK3jBPI

format 2tb hard drive HDD PS2 Playstation 2 FreeMcBoot not loading

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

just mostly because Sony is going to be shutting down those servers that allow you to download psp, vita, and ps3 digital-only game releases, DLC, and stuff like that. Apparently by this summer.

I mean there might be a website that will host all that stuff in the future but I wouldn't count on it. as of right now you can still download delisted games like the Simpsons arcade game from PSNStuff (a windows program) so it already has its benefits even without anything being shut down yet

im sure if i need a copy of any of those games you will provide it if i ask

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if you really want to play ps2 games i bought one for $100 and installed a hard drive, see my previous posts for every single issue you may run into

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the current issue im running into is god of war is freezing at the start of pandoras temple, and everything i find seems to imply that this may be related to opl and currently has no fix :(

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

herculon posted:

So it does matter what firmware you’re on?

seems like the op should be banned for false advertising

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

HFW 4.88 and HEN 3.0.3 are out :cheers:

cool, that sounds awesome. three cheers

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Hey Uncle how do you hack a 3DS.

you better move quick

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

all the games are brown and there's none to play (and there's none to play)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i might just use a ps3

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its behind the archives paywall, false flag operation designed to increase archives sales

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Thought this didn’t happen with goldmined threads. Weird

i was clicking the link in the ban description, i think the ban is just on an abitrary post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Did one of the admins accidentally click permaban when they meant to make hin a permanet mod and/or ik of 300 of the 302 politics discussion forums here on beautiful sa? Jeff can you look into this?

uncle at nintendo was always an admin parachute, i think its pretty obvious whose it is as well