Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
http://www.somethingawful.com/news/nazi-thanksgiving-bauerlein/

Thank you for this. Thank you so much. I'm still laughing while sending the link to everyone I know. Prepare the servers for like... another 7 hits over the next 24 hours. I'm popular as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GTA3 guy
Feb 24, 2005
gahooga
It's articles like this which remind me why the SA Front Page isn't relevant, and hasn't been relevant for almost 10 years.

It's not funny, insightful or even amusing. In a nutshell: Everyone to the right of Marx = Literal Nazi. Trump supporter? Nazi.

This is why the left is losing and has to resort to censorship.

The GTA3 guy fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 25, 2017

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

The GTA3 guy posted:

It's articles like this which remind me why the SA Front Page isn't relevant, and hasn't been relevant for almost 10 years.

It's not funny, insightful or even amusing. In a nutshell: Everyone to the right of Marx = Literal Nazi. Trump supporter? Nazi.

Heinrich Chudskrieg account spotted.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Labes for days posted:

Heinrich Chudskrieg account spotted.

he's not wrong that it's a really boring, low-effort thing that's going to get relinked despite that just like any other dreg of the internet such as the oatmeal because LOL, IT'S SO TRUE! MY UNCLE IS LIKE THIS!

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

sword_man.gif posted:

he's not wrong that it's a really boring, low-effort thing that's going to get relinked despite that just like any other dreg of the internet such as the oatmeal because LOL, IT'S SO TRUE! MY UNCLE IS LIKE THIS!

Your fake president straight up called nazis "good people on both sides". Go gently caress yourself.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

ryonguy posted:

Your fake president straight up called nazis "good people on both sides". Go gently caress yourself.

lol

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
imagine getting that bent out of shape because of a frontpage article that someone opines isn't that funny because it's been done to death

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

sword_man.gif posted:

Heinrich Chudskrieg alt account spotted.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

sword_man.gif posted:

imagine getting that bent out of shape because of a frontpage article that someone opines isn't that funny because it's been done to death

Imagine being able to read.

The GTA3 guy posted:

Trump supporter? Nazi.

But anyways the wingnuts know they're basically nazis at this point, so they have to sneak it in under "I'm just trolling maaaannnnnn" or half-assed South Park truth-is-in-the-middle level criticisms of joke articles that are totally not reflexive tribal defensiveness.

ryonguy fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 28, 2017

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

It wasn't a funny article but

The GTA3 guy posted:

is a real bad take on why.

sword_man.gif posted:

This isn't a bad take though. The premise for the article is good but the execution was flat and uninspired, relying too much on the concept landing and not enough on presentation or actual quality of jokes.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
I enjoyed this story a lot. The fact the family are republicans should not have been a twist, but the way you set it up, the reveal took me by surprise. The line "cut out that Nazi poo poo." feels straight out of what a mom feels like they have to say because they watched too many movies, but underlies the family's total mental inability to handle their son becoming a nazi.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The GTA3 guy posted:

lol

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

The GTA3 guy posted:

it's relevant insofar as it makes people post things like you just did, which gave me a good chuckle

sick brunch kills
Nov 18, 2016

Brunch DJ goin' hard as fuck

This avatar brought to you by the Lowtax Needs a New Spine Fund

The GTA3 guy posted:

Ok The GTA3 guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The GTA3 guy posted:

Trump is barely even mentioned in the article. One aside about the Charlottesville speech. Much less anyone to the right of Marx. In fact, one of the jokes makes a pretty clear distinction between republicans and Nazis.

Interesting that you got defensive and just jumped there hmmmm.

• Locked thread