Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Can one of you give me an example of a situation where the logo would be used where there wouldn't be enough context to figure out it's obviously an F and a 1? Also using a straight line to represent a 1 isn't confusing anyway unless you are an actual idiot

no because literally every single complaint leveled at Liberty, including the logo, is part of a dumb lazy meme that should be bannable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

In the most stupid and american way

in the fb phone app its the same, you cant even tell what the gently caress is that thing. so liberty good job i guess?

lmao at thinking anything they have done is specifically American

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

You Am I posted:

Why does the Formula One logo look like Force India's?

it doesn't

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Liberty could bundle a blow job with every race ticket and this thread would be like "lmfao are Americans still getting their dicks sucked? the rest of the world has moved on to eating rear end"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

The rest of the world doesnt have Trump as their president.

y'all got fuckin teresa may and angela merkel and that dumbass french dude, not much better

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

and justin trudeau is basically just a handsome, well-spoken neocon

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

poty posted:

Counterpoint: It's a poo poo logo. Just go to Twitter or Facebook and check out how it looks like a blurry red blotch at the small size next to their posts. The number 1 rule of logo design is make it distinct at any size.

It looks fine. It's a pretty distinctive shape.

quote:

Also maybe F1 under Bernie could have used extra salespeople but don't get silly, F1's branding was fine. He clearly employed designers, F1 has a pretty good website, it's not like Bernie was uploading updates with Dreamweaver. The TV graphics are also among the best in sports broadcasting.

Crazy, wonder what he could've done with a marketing department.

At the end of the day, though, the problem y'all are going to have is that you've so childishly whined about every sensible change that Liberty has made that it's impossible to take you seriously ever again.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Tsaedje posted:

Actually the thing is a piece of poo poo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

The logo was rear end and designed by some Portland hipster who has never seen any sort of race ever who admitted the previous one was timeless and this one will look dated two years from now. Lol if you think the new logo is good.

No one loving cares what you, of all people, think about something Liberty has done.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

did you poop your diaper while typing out this gay post you stupid gay baby? lmao

MY POOPY DIAPERS ARE OBJECTIVELY IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC AT HAND

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

The gently caress does that even mean?

They’re trying to get companies to keep giving money to F1

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Horner did a good thing

https://twitter.com/eligp/status/935098583258423296

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I’ve been seeing the new logo in my Twitter feed a lot today and I can confirm that it’s good.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is extremely good.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Completely fair. And I literally could not give any less of a poo poo about the logo if they started trying to fix the racing.

It’s not one or the other, loving lmao. This is why you have a dedicated marketing team.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

They don't have a dedicated marketing team. They have a woman who used to work at as head of Honda's marketing who happened to have Wieden and Kennedy as their ad firm. Just lol if you think there's a huge building somewhere working round the clock on F1.

They literally have a dedicated marketing team you moron

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

They have an ad firm called Wieden and Kennedy, loving lol try reading sometime.

Did you hit your head

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

You read any article about the new logo and they reference at least three F1 marketing employees by name, all of whom are new hires post-Bernie.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

None of you are my dad

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Wicka's complete lack of understanding of how the business world works is trigging the poo poo out of me.

Yes, I should’ve known that F1’s marketing team is also made up of engineers and aerodynamicists. How stupid of me.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

They should take all of his money and mount a serious challenge for 2019.

I wouldn’t call Chloe a “serious challenge.”

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

You guys know that unless you're a huge loving company these ad firms are these company's marketing teams right?

You know that FOM literally has their own marketing team, right? This isn’t up for debate, it is a proven fact. We know their loving names.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

You're wrong. It's like two people max.

Tell what happened to make you this way so I can avoid it

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I'll die on any hill, idgaf anymore.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Imagine not dying on any hills. Who would want to live such a life?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Schumacher probably.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Michael Schumacher apparently

I loving love this thread so god drat much

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Not that net neutrality isn’t an immensely important thing to fight for, but this administration’s attempt at overturning it will 1. last three years at most, and 2. change very very very little in practice.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I watched the entire race.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sorry, no room for fans of 2018 WDC/WCC champions McLaren-Renault who haven't faithfully slummed it through the last three years [producer whispers in my ear] check that, PLENTY of room on this bandwagon, everyone gets an entire row to themselves.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I love how it's impossible to own McLaren merchandise that isn't now inaccurate

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace, please ban me if Fernando Alonso does not win the 2018 FIA Formula One World Drivers' Championship.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Better start saving up that :10bux: now you're gonna need it in 12 months

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace, ban everyone who is trolling me rn when Alonso wins the title.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don’t think anyone is talking about an Alfa Romeo team. Ferrari wants both Leclerc and Giovinazzi to have race seats for next year, but Haas won’t take either of them and Sauber wants to keep Ericsson’s money. I believe the idea currently is to replace Ericsson’s money with Alfa Romeo sponsorship and brand Sauber’s engines. It’s just a way for Ferrari to justify giving Sauber extra money without putting the Ferrari logo on their cars.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Zak Brown is starting to do his Zak Brown things: https://www.thisisf1.com/2017/11/27/petrobras-to-sponsor-mclaren-renault-in-2018-f1/

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

I feel like we haven't spent enough time discussing how bad Zak Brown's pronunciation of 'Renault' is.

I haven’t paid attention, does he pronounce the L?

Theophany posted:

Sorry, what was that? I can't hear you over the sound of Stroll DRAGON-loving the Miata that is Kubica.

Since when did I become a HUGE Stroll fan?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

He pronounces it as if the first e was silent. It's oddly jarring.

I can’t even imagine how that sounds, lmao. R’nault? Like a Star Trek villain?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

Pretty much exactly like that. I don't understand how anybody with even a passing interest in cars, let alone somebody who runs an F1 team, can pronounce it that way.

Honestly? I love it. That’s how he should say it. He should make Renault execs cringe every time. That’s who he is.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Renault uses Castrol, as does Honda (for now at least).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Santander is leaving Ferrari, at least as a major sponsor. Wonder if they increase their deal with McLaren.

• Locked thread