Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Its a loving Wirth thread... a loving Wirth thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
The Wirth Thread

I said it without loving up

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

iospace posted:

Alright, Astoundingly Ugly Baby, this one is for you.

Stroll outscored McLaren by a grand total of 10 points. If you make a 50 dollar donation to a motorsport charity (open wheel preferred), I'll reduce your sentence to a month. Otherwise you can eat a 10 month probe.

You have two weeks.

Someones been grabbing 1500's dick

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Off season thread been open 5 mins and its already terrible. I love off season threads so much, never change

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

ilmucche posted:

Where are the formula A-D and F-H threads? No one cares about Moto GP.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Lance Stroll is in hospital because he binned his lorry while having a wank over some bird named Claire

These jokes do not have the finesse anymore

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
gently caress this thread title.

Im in a cafe waiting for my breakfast and i hit my bookmarks as the waitress comes and stands over me to be greeted with MY POOOPY DIAPERS at the top of my screen.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Bobby K may not have been a driver that set the field alight, but as it is he is great PR for the circus that is F1 at the moment.
Imagine F1 having the first disabled driver since Massa retired, will firmly cement the Williams team as a team of equality champions.

Great for F1 PR, great for Williams PR, and great for disability/serious injury to take a back seat.

tl;dr its all a publicity stunt

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Basticle posted:

Holy lol https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-admits-to-dilemma-over-staying-in-f1-984187/amp/

Rossberg chose to hang it up and just bang his hot wife in their luxury home in Monaco. What's Lewis gonna do?

Bang Justin Bieber of course

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Wirth1000 posted:

Did anyone even read the article?

Nope

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
So, the off season thread now begins in earnest

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Wirth1000 posted:

2021 regs are good, m8.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Human Grand Prix posted:

Horner has lost.

I am imagining Are Max in an Austin Martin powered F1 car and my boner reached uncharted proportions of normal boner expectations

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
My favourite Frank moment was when he was caught doing the robot dance in the pits.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

iospace posted:

They did the same thing when they did "WE'RE TOTALLY NOT SPONSORING PENSKE, HONEST" at the tail end of tobacco's involvement in US motorsports:

Indy Car - Penske + Awesome=

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

The Unfetered One posted:

Indy Car - Penske + Awesome=

:five:

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

inappropriate behaviour

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Because this has not the love it deserves, im quoting it

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

1500quidporsche posted:

Dude, you don't get it. LOL. I actually don't care. Not any more.

I don't care if someone rates Hulk 6th or 12th - or if I rated him 8th or 9th or whatever after 16 meetings a couple of months ago..

These F1 driver ratings are now irrelevant to my life. I'm not their friend or family member or business associate - so I couldn't care less!

If you *must* have an opinion from yours truly, here it is:

Rating driver performance across cars is totally subjective. I - when I actually remotely cared - felt there was a tight group of 5 Aces in 2017...then a gap to the next tier of 7 or 8 or 9 drivers, any one of whom could beat the others (if they were in a rich vein of form with a package to their liking) or beat the Aces on their days (like BOT out-qualifying HAM 7 times out of 20 legitimately - or Kimi taking pole at Monaco - or Stoff beating Fernando here and there after a rough start as a rookie).

This isn't rocket science! [Although there actually are computer models out there rating VET slightly ahead of HAM and RIC slightly ahead of VER with ALO in the mix and BOT in 12th, etcetera, etcetrea.]

Also, having some arbitrary cut off at 10 - as in "Top 10" - is plain silly. It's a conceit and an artifice which would pervertedly imply that someone rated 11th or 12th or 13th or 14th couldn't possibly beat the guy in 10th or 7th on any number of occasions. And all this petty niggling and snivelling about who is 7th or 9th - or who isn't in the 'top 10' - is pathetically childish, as far as I'm concerned and from where I now stand.

Since I'm already here... :

The FIA rules and regs are dog aweful leading to most 'races' being over after the first corner. The cars, from a visceral point of view, lack/will lack noise and beauty. Most circuits are crap. Todt is a piglet who needs roasting and his Stewards suck.

The element of danger/jeopardy is nonexistent. The drivers are cry babies.

The dominance of the Hybrid Turbo error/era by Merc has been a disaster and the pro-Hamilton bias on SKY and on here over the last four years has been, for me, too much.

F1 is a disaster with declining audiences and it's going to get worse as demographics keep shifting and vehicle technology evolves to becoming fully autonomous in our time.

I want to enjoy life and edit out negativity. F1 is no longer a positive in my life. Other than family, work and going to the gym, I love cars and driving them. I want to get back into horse racing (which I loved first as a kid before Gilles attracted me to Grand Prix racing), possibly buy into a horse racing stable (if I think there's money in it) and get into sim racing.

Also, I feel bad for suggesting Hughes' narratives had a pro-Hamilton bias this season. I actually like Hughes as a person. He's fantastic company, a decent human being and a real gentleman. Truly. So, upon reflection, I *genuinely* feel bad for my negative posts in that regard. I don't know what came over me. But I felt what I felt and it, obviously, wasn't a good feeling. Not good.

I need to stay away from posting here for my own good and the good of these F1 forums. It wasn't great taking a hatchet to Chandhok in the other thread. If I'm going to be like that, then that's not good. Having said that, I wouldn't change the crux of what I said to Chandhok in the post that was moderated out. It was the first of his pieces I had ever posted under, incidentally.

I also wanted to make a jokey comment in the Frankel piece on the UrrAnus SUV and the line about "Let's take the Lambo out" - but I stopped myself. I need a big, long break from MS Online and F1.

Bill, I'm not posting as someone else. I told you, I DON'T want to post anymore. It's just going to end up being a pile of negativity. So, please, I'd rather you not assume X, Y or Z is me. I am the only me. If they ban the Halo (on safety grounds) and change the aero regs, I *might* come back. And if I come back, I hope I come back 'improved' as a member of the forums (instead of being hateful of Todt, the regs, Merc, F1, etc.)

Enjoy your life, Bill. There's more to it than Formula One.

Best wishes to you going forward.

PS

I intend to delete this post within 24 hours - so, once you acknowledge it, it's gone.

nice meltdown

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

wicka posted:

White people

Racist

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

i only just started watching formula I this season and i thought i'd see if SA had a thread and it does and its poo poo

not surprised
now i'm having a poo poo

Your username is a perfect thread title.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Theophany posted:

Where do you stand on the important issues of Haggis and Black Pudding?

Ive never tried black pudding because it looks repulsively gross. Haggis however is the food of the gods

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I was at a funeral yesterday and had my first joint in about 9 years with my cousin.

I totally deffed out, thought I was going to have a heart attack and spent an hour walking in circles trying to regulate my breathing to slow my heart rate down.

Good times.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
LC living the dream itt

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

gently caress this dead gay thread

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
You all do know that the reason Kubica has now decided against coming back to F1 is because when he had his accident he had an insurance payout of an incredible sum. He just found out that if he goes back into F1, he will have to pay that sum back.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Would ride in both of them

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
James Hunt is spinning in his grave

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Theophany posted:

Phwoar, have you lot seen the new Omologato James Hunt Chronograph?

https://omologato.myshopify.com/collections/the-james-hunt-chronograph

I like this... alot. Not at 600 dollars though

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

wicka posted:

I am like genuinely disturbed by the use of the word “quivering” here. That’s really fuckin gross dude.

Turn your monitor on

haha

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Last two pages have lots of forums poster Wicka inducing mouth froth. I am disappointed he has yet to comment.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I liked Ferrari when Magnum drove one

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
My RL friend and old pal of you guys wishes you all a Happy Christmas and hopes you manage to get lots of stuffing in your bird this yule. if you know what he means fellas :smug:

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
A onesie. A loving onesie.

The flames of my hate are fanned once again

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
My wife bought me Jensons new book. Top lass are wifey

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

wicka posted:

Merry Christmas, worst thread. You are the best thread.

A good Wicka post. Merry Christmas

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

People on the internet are upset with the fraudulent WDC because of this video

https://twitter.com/JustNabz/status/945375584401739776

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Brundle was once a pretty great driver and also a pretty great pundit. However though, now he is just a bitter man who uses his commentating as a crux to air his F1 political opinions. I am afraid to say he has had his day.

Those who are lambasting Coulthard. OK, you may not have liked him as a driver, but my god he is an excellent pundit on C4 and just oozes charisma, especially when he does anything with Mark Webber. When they do the grid walk as a pair it is pure comedy genius.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

1500quidporsche posted:

Thank god he's dead now.

This is not funny or classy even if you were being facetious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

wicka posted: