Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Shitrrari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

stroll wdc 2018

:hellyeah:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Very disturbing to see such a huge number of anti-Strollites in this thread openly professing their irrational hatred for one of the great drivers of our generation.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

gret posted:

If anybody wants to read a more in depth article about the design of the new logo:

https://www.creativereview.co.uk/formula-1-unveils-new-identity-wieden-kennedy-london/

e:

delete this crap

loving lmbo its W+K. two things here.

1. Wieden and Kennedy were the ad firm very much responsible for Nike's success in the 90s and then took on Subaru's North American advertising and you should very much read about that period of time because it should give you incredible insight into who wieden and kennedy are and why this new logo means gently caress all despite them saying it does.

quote:

Quite frankly I just thought, look, there’s no way that we’re going to do an ‘F’ and ‘1’ any better than they’ve done it; it’s a beautifully simple way of doing it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The logo was rear end and designed by some Portland hipster who has never seen any sort of race ever who admitted the previous one was timeless and this one will look dated two years from now. Lol if you think the new logo is good.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

No one loving cares what you, of all people, think about something Liberty has done.

did you poop your diaper while typing out this gay post you stupid gay baby? lmao

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

The gently caress does that even mean?

It means he has a business degree.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Croc posted:

This should be the new f1 logo

I thought it was.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

I appreciate it more and more. Just for fun, lets look at the classic F1 logo from THE NINTIES.

This is objectively excellent. The peak of good logo design, and I'm not just saying that as a child of the 90s.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

It blows. You may be confusing it with this (well designed logo, by North Americans).

You know I actually get it, I like getting completely shitfaced and playing space harrier and outrun at 2am as well. But I don't think early 90s arcade cabinets is a sound place to look to when trying to design enduring timeless logos.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Space Harrier and Outrun were mid-80s games.

I think my point still stands.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

To be honest it reminds me of when the Premier League changed logos and everyone hated it for two months and talked about how much better the old one was and now nobody even talks about it anymore because it looks fine.

To be fair that's every change ever made ever. People are just dumb and become complacent with poo poo.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Regardless I think there are bigger issues than a silly logo.

Completely fair. And I literally could not give any less of a poo poo about the logo if they started trying to fix the racing.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That is the pinnacle of excellent logo design.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

It’s not one or the other, loving lmao. This is why you have a dedicated marketing team.

They don't have a dedicated marketing team. They have a woman who used to work at as head of Honda's marketing who happened to have Wieden and Kennedy as their ad firm. Just lol if you think there's a huge building somewhere working round the clock on F1.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

They literally have a dedicated marketing team you moron

They have an ad firm called Wieden and Kennedy, loving lol try reading sometime.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wicka's complete lack of understanding of how the business world works is trigging the poo poo out of me.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I went from never going to KFC ever because it is gross to going at least twice a day due to their stroke of twitter genius

I go there cause it's some delicious loving chicken.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There are like 8 fast food chicken places that are better

Get the gently caress out of here you loving Zika brained idiot.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bryter posted:

Stroll already has a podium after 20 starts, Maldonado only managed a single one after nearly a hundred so Lance is objectively 5 times the driver Maldonado ever was.

If you don't agree with this you're anti-science

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You guys know that unless you're a huge loving company these ad firms are these company's marketing teams right?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

You know that FOM literally has their own marketing team, right? This isn’t up for debate, it is a proven fact. We know their loving names.

You're wrong. It's like two people max.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Tell what happened to make you this way so I can avoid it

I operate in reality, so don't worry friend it'll never happen to you.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'll die on any hill, idgaf anymore.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Uh could someone maybe sidetrack this thread into a discussion of favorite vegetables because I need to save some face over here

I have some very spicy takes on Princess Diana but I'm saving that for January.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Skarsnik posted:

I wonder what her opinion on the new logo is?

I've contacted a savant and am going to unveil her opinion in January, it's gonna be like the opening of Capone's vault.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Cost over a billion dollars to create an absolute shitpile in the desert.

But enough about my dinner last night.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Ferrari is actually poo poo.

Have you considered supporting McLaren?

lol.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Sorry, what was that? I can't hear you over the sound of Stroll DRAGON-loving the Miata that is Kubica.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

*In Jerry voice* he had twig hands.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They have no engine supplier. Illien said he'd only build an engine if he got a whack of cash from a manufacturer and Aston Martin is on the bring of insolvency.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Man, I miss the black McLarens. This half-assed orange/black livery of this season is so bad I'm glad it's over.

in Wicka voice uhh this years McLaren is good cause Zak Brown is American.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They should just move the MotoGP Japan race to Sugo, where the Superbike race used to be.

RIP World Superbike. You were a good series and then the MotoGP promoter bought you and you died (1500quid DO NOT READ)

Motegi owns and the MotoGP promoter owns. Hth.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Twin Ring Motegi produced the best loving race I've ever seen this year, it owns.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Well I got a good lap time on these blistered tires! Blistered tires must be good and the best. -1500 logic

Blistered tires own.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

:toxx: serve me a fresh hot month long probie if the Big Kube outscores Are Lance in 2018.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nico quit cause he won and doesn't need a tax dodging jet.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Are any of you idiots going to watch an old season in the offseason

Taking notes on Rosberg for passing with a severely underpowered car relative to the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Piquet confirmed recently that Murray didn't like drivers loving with his car so he intentionally made them in such a way so that the settings couldn't be changed easily. Also the the BT52 and BT53 were insanely fast.

Murray has said for a while that the BT52 was designed so you couldn't change any settings and made so the team could swap everything out quickly. He thought that year was just going to be about adding horsepower which was mostly right but the 52B really was a leap forward in performance.

• Locked thread