Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

If anybody wants to read a more in depth article about the design of the new logo:

https://www.creativereview.co.uk/formula-1-unveils-new-identity-wieden-kennedy-london/

e:

delete this crap

gret fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Can't wait to buy some Giovinazzi/Alfa Romeo march.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I’ve been watching DTM for the last couple of seasons and kind of enjoy it. I guess like Formula E I get a kick out of seeing a bunch of drivers that never made it to F1 mixed in with a few F1 rejects.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Reminder that Nico is younger than Lewis and actually did quit F1 because he couldn't handle the work required.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Whitey Ford posted:

it's disappointing that other cancerous industries haven't yet had their turn as title sponsors in F1

Williams Farmville Racing
Scuderia Ferrari Bejweled S.p.A.
McLaren Angry Birds Renault

EA Sport F1 2018. Must buy $10 million worth of in-app credits to buy a seat.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Santander pillow Miranda?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Powershift posted:

I should also mention that a bunch of you foreign dudes should figure out how to pirate TSN from Canada for the next 8 days, because the Roar of the Rings is on and it's gonna be a straight up beat down brawl from start to finish. I'm betting it's going to be Homan on the women's side, and Gushue on the men's.

Going to be easily 10 times more exciting than F1 in Abu Dhabi

For Americans, WatchESPN will be showing it. I'm excited.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

loving Sauber I hope they finish last in the WCC again.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

Apparently Kubica's performance in Abu Dhabi was some ways short of decisive: http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/42199674

The Martini sponsorship is not worth it. They aren't paying very much for a title sponsor, and the "one driver must be 25 years old" rule is an idiotic handicap no one else has to consider.

If anything Stroll's the impediment to Williams not being trash. He's taking up the seat that should be going to a talented youngster. Even without Martini's requirements, daddy Stroll would probably veto any talented youngster from taking the other seat and outshining his son.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Dubs posted:

Uh gret?

Yo

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Dubs posted:

#Striving4gr3Tn3ss

iospace please change my nick to #Striving4gr3Tn3ss

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

Someone mentioned Overcast earlier, he just fixed the worst part of the app in the most recent update. You can now toggle his lovely font off independent of the theme. So it’s basically perfect.

Marco Arment is the worst. You should feel bad about giving him money.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

I don’t disagree, but why specifically do you dislike him?

He's insufferable on the Accidental Tech Podcast.

Wirth1000 posted:

He recognises Taiwan as China probably

MODS?!?!?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

DoctorGonzo posted:

John loving Mccain has a ship in his name?!

The ship's named after his dad or his grandfather, both of whom were admirals.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

Facebook couldn't figure out how a room of 30 Russians hijacked their entire platform and turned it into a propaganda machine, AIs and machine learning is rear end lmbo.

They're far too busy trying to increase the click rate of ads by 0.1% to worry about silly stuff that won't make them any money.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

GramCracker posted:

Get this. My girlfriend went to order me some stuff from the McLaren team store given they are having a fire sale of literally everything. She ordered one of those grey team “set up tees” that Nando and Stoff wear around the paddock and in interviews etc. The package arrived this morning and guess what the gently caress McLaren ended up mailing her - a loving Mercedes AMG Petronas LH 44 Polo shirt :wtc:

Like, how the gently caress did McLaren have that on hand and mail it?

Sounds like somebody’s #blessed today.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Russia really likes to interfere.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Ugh. Williams used to be my favorite team. RIP.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Is this the worst Williams lineup since they stopped being a customer team? It has to be, right?

Bruno Senna and Maldonado?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Last time Lewis won the SPOTY, he lost the WDC (got it stolen from him by a bunch of devious Germans) the following year. Ergo, since he didn't win this year, he's a lock to win the WDC next year.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CratSock posted:

LOL holy poo poo Bottas with the personality out of nowhere! "Cheers Max" as he throws his lovely gift in the garbage.

LMAO a loving tin of fish? Max needs to :frogout:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

ilmucche posted:

Lewis definitely had the funniest one for massa. I like that only a few had real thought and the rest were just loving around. Stroll seems so disappointed with what was a pretty clever joke.

I mean it's hard to beat daddy buying you an F1 race seat.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I have the same number of cats as the number of drivers championships Ferrari's won in the last 10 years.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Lewis is a great man.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Juan Pablo Montoya

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Rhopunzel posted:

he was actually not classified at all in the 1994 F1 season

So technically he never raced in the 1994 F1 season. Ergo he couldn't have possibly died while taking part in a Grand Prix that season.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Roller Coast Guard posted:

They're both pretty bad.

Are there any good French circuits apart from the full Le Mans?

Pau

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The Croc posted:

It used to be worse as they only had Button to root for.....

Actually this is always a good go back to when people call sky Bias which they are its just how British F1 coverage works!

*watches pirated British F1 coverage*
*complains incessantly about how biased the coverage is in favor of British drivers*

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Tsaedje posted:

:lol: if Kimi is considered unsackable by the dumb scud fucks why would they ever drop Vettel?

Because Kimi won a championship for them.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

Clear your mind and try to imagine Ron Dennis hand washing a coffee mug. You cannot.

I can easily imagine Ron sperging out about dishwashers and how they don't really get your dishes as clean as hand washing.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Honda has already perfected a single spray jet in their R&D labs, so surely they'll be coming out with the perfect dishwasher anytime now.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

It's actually really bugging me cause I know I've seen him before. Who is the blue suit guy?!?!

It's the guy who commissioned/painted that thing.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Human Grand Prix posted:

I cannot believe Juncos signed Rene Binder as a driver. $ or not the dude is horrible.

It's a series that's allowed drivers like Francesco Dracone, Milka Duno, and Marco Andretti to race.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

K Mart sounds remarkably like the dying days of Zellers in Canada.

They were always pretty low-rent (Walmart like) even in their heyday. I can't imagine how bad the stores are now.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Norns posted:

Parents am I right

They just don't understand...

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Ricciardo has just signed on for Hesketh Racing. The deal reportedly came about when Ricciardo and Hesketh ran into each other during a drug-fueled orgy. The contract was subsequently signed on a lower back with their own bodily fluids.

Ron Dennis also attended the orgy, but thought it was just a corporate party with a costume theme.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

Lasagna is way better though

Wrong.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Seriously..she's complaining about having to work with the same people for 3-4 days a week for 40 weeks a year?. I hope for her that she's saved up enough to not ever having to work again, because otherwise she's in for a real shock.

She could always move to France.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Sorry that you guys inherited the bad opinion genes from your dads.

• Locked thread