Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

solar energy panel posted:

If loving this movie is wrong I dont wanna be right.

why does his left side have a butt cheek on the front? does he have 3 butt cheeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

love actually is a p good movie i like it even though im a manly man

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 27, 2017

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

roboshit posted:

love actually is a p good movie i like it even though im a manly man
It is competently made and has a cast to die for, but everyone in it is a terrible human being.

There are not one, not two, but three 'guy wants to gently caress his employee' plotlines. Emma Thompson and Laura Linney get screwed over with no resolution to their broken families getting in the way of their happiness. Meanwhile the pervert gets a gangbang, the creep gets a pity kiss from his best friend's wife as reward for being a creep, and Liam Neeson's lizard kid is rewarded for harrassing a girl he barely knows at the airpot.

It is so morally bankrupt while being loving to its audience it's honestly a breathtaking indictment of Western Civilization.

The Martin Freeman and Bill Nighy plots are sweet though.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 28, 2017

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

that cgi beowulf movie from 2007 or whatever, there is something about that stupid movie that is very enjoyable to me.

watch him nudely hop across these wooden planks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNaj7uCVPCI

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

wide stance posted:

Clifford.

A grown man playing a child with no make up or prosthetic is pretty funny in and of an of itself.

This movie fuckin owns.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Big Trouble in Little China

A story about how a hwite man invites himself into other people's centuries old problems and fixes them all.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if youre ashamed to like big trouble in little china you should be ashamed

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

gary oldmans diary posted:

if youre ashamed to like big trouble in little china you should be ashamed

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Colonel Cancer posted:

A story about how a hwite man invites himself into other people's centuries old problems and fixes them all.
You missed the joke bad.

The Asian guy who Kurt Russell treats like a sidekick is the actual main character and Russell is the boorish idiot American who tags along and gets in the way.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

mind the walrus posted:

You missed the joke bad.

The Asian guy who Kurt Russell treats like a sidekick is the actual main character and Russell is the boorish idiot American who tags along and gets in the way.

No you see the birth of nation is actually a very GOOD film!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I have no shame in any of the movies I like

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I saw Big Trouble in theaters and it was loving boring as poo poo. It was so boring and lovely and forgettable that I feel like having an opinion on it at all is giving it more than it deserves.
It's actually pretty funny with a good supporting cast.

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
I have watched Sister Act more than any sane person should. When I was young, the mousy redhead that could sing loud made me feel funny in the pants.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Colonel Cancer posted:

:chloe:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Colonel Cancer posted:

Nah man the framing is really obvious.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Freddy Got Fingered

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
Zoom, the one where Tim Allen "is called back to work to transform an unlikely group of ragtag kids into a new generation of superheroes". Yeah.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
The Lone Ranger, Johnny Depp version (2013). It was on SciFi channel and loaded with commercials, but I sat through the whole thing. Recuperating with broken bones and pain pills may have helped. I'd watch again, sans the opioids.

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
I enjoy The Chronicles of Riddick. A lot of it probably has to do with nostalgia though.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Bodhidharma posted:

I enjoy The Chronicles of Riddick. A lot of it probably has to do with nostalgia though.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:frogon:

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not ashamed to like any movie. If i like it, i like it:

Godzilla movies, even the crappier ones like Godzilla's Revenge, Son of Godzilla, and Godzilla vs The Sea Monster
Ray Harryhausen movies, especially the Sinbad movies and anything he did with dinosaurs
Waterworld
The 13th Warrior
Encino Man
The Beastmaster
Dragonslayer (1981 fantasy movie with cool stop-motion dragon)
The 1977 Rankin-Bass animated Hobbit movie, which is better than Peter Jackson's films
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Jurassic Park 2 and 3
Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
Willow
Guillermo Del Toro's Hellboy movies

Thats all i can think of, for now. I'm very forgiving of science-fiction and fantasy.

Colonel Cancer posted:

This is the worst opinion anyone has ever had. Oh my god.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bodhidharma posted:

I like it too. Pitch Black is better but I like Vin Diesel

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

It’s not a good movie, and I’m never ever going to watch it again because the first time I saw it it creeped me the gently caress out bad enough that I couldn’t sleep in my own bed for like 2 weeks after, but the Thir13en Ghosts remake was pretty sweet and scary as gently caress. And that one naked lady ghost had some fuckin BOMB rear end titties. You know the one. :grin:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Blue Star posted:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

This is the worst opinion anyone has ever had. Oh my god.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Detroit Rock City, Its dumb and corny but its pretty fun. Also check out Ed Furlong's character in that and then look at the photographer guy from Stranger Things. I think thats where they got the look for him

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dune
Clerks 2
Dogma
Hook

Hook does not deserve the hate

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Good soup! posted:

Dune
Clerks 2
Dogma
Hook

Hook does not deserve the hate
which dune, this is v important

also idk what youre talking about, dogma was one of smiths better movies. and hook owned

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Creamed Cormp posted:

Identity (2003)
Con Air
also no one should be ashamed of liking con air, it owns. identity is also good tho i dont htink ive seen it since like 2004

Manic Technophile
Nov 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Matrix: Reloaded

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Its not as bad as Rogue One.

More movies:

Robocop 2
Predator 2
Contact (everyone says this movie is anticlimatic but i like it anyway)
The 1999 Mummy movie with Brendan Frasier
Conan the Destroyer

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Haverchuck posted:

Detroit Rock City, Its dumb and corny but its pretty fun. Also check out Ed Furlong's character in that and then look at the photographer guy from Stranger Things. I think thats where they got the look for him

Movie owns hard

Slackers is an incredible movie

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Blue Star posted:

The 1999 Mummy movie with Brendan Frasier

This is nothing to be ashamed of. The Brendan Frasier Mummy movies own.

The Tom Cruise one...... loving sucks and should be deleted from history. If you like that one then you should hate yourself and feel bad for your sick disease.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

truly i can think of nothing more shameful than liking fun, well-made action movies with unusual premises/facetious gimmicks and then topping off the evening with a flippant comedy
-goons who can only log on if they have their posting monocles handy

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Troma movies are so good.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

which dune, this is v important

also idk what youre talking about, dogma was one of smiths better movies. and hook owned

The one with Sting of course

Dogma just by virtue of being a Kevin smith movie

Hook is good :hf:

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Not necessarily a movie but: Merlin with Sam Neil.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Hackers.

Actually, no shame there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Rubber.

For those of you who think making a movie about a murderous rolling tire is a horrendously bad idea, prepare to have your mind loving BLOWN!

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-sprint-us&source=android-browser&q=rubber+movie

• Locked thread