Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
my problem is i dont rewatch movies and my peak movie-watching period was like 2000-2006, so much i haven't seen in almost 10 years and my tastes have definitely changed.

but going off memory (which is also poo poo) i'd probably say Donnie darko, American beauty, Fantastic mr fox, Monty Pythons and Idiocracy (if only because of how utterly horrible the fans are that it makes it embarrasing to like by proxy)

in general i'm not ashamed of liking even bad movies and will oft defend them, it's more liking movies that have horrible fan reputation that its more shameful. or i guess more romance-y films (like I liked pleasantville which is kinda shameful)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Her.

Despite some cringeworthy elements, it was a beautiful movie with a great soundtrack (especially the pieces by Arcade Fire). It's only flaw is that it didn't go far enough.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m watching Lucky Number Slevin for like the 30th time in my life because it’s about to leave Netflix.

I am not ashamed.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m watching Lucky Number Slevin for like the 30th time in my life because it’s about to leave Netflix.

I am not ashamed.
All I remember about this movie is Bruce Willis snapping necks and a 30-something Lucy Liu pretending and failing to act like a ditzy 19 year-old.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Also sometimes I watch Seven Pounds and cry like a bitch at the end.

Still not ashamed.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift

let me tel you why ur a loving idiot: this movie didn't play initial d deja vu during the finale. the whole movie was leading up to it. they even drive down the initial d mountain. do not gently caress with me jesus christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRGS22MjLF8&hd=1

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gary oldmans diary posted:

if youre ashamed to like big trouble in little china you should be ashamed

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Yellowbeard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzrRCJ01_S0

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Heartbreakers is my favorite chick flick

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
A lot of cringeworthy cringes ITT.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

hitchensgoespop posted:

Zulu. A rip roaring tale of some civilised white chaps teaching the zulus a thing or two about warfare but then ultimately gaining their respect by mowing hundreds of then down.

Its also based on a true story which makes it even better.

True fact. Its an xmas tradition to show this film on TV in the UK usually on xmas eve at about 2pm so you can watch it with a drink.

Zulu is a loving awesome movie

E: I guess my pick for this thread would be this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhz2fVM1rMA

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 28, 2017

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
I can't say I'm ashamed of liking any film even if its panned for the most part. For instance I actually enjoy Lost Highway since I honestly don't care if a movie makes much sense. Sometimes style trumps all. Also seconding Donnie Darko, even if its just for the fact that the awesome opening scene introduced me to one of my favorite bands Echo and the Bunnymen. It was 80's nostalgia at its best, since it portrayed the decade as being hopeless and depressing in its own right.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Baz Lurhmanns Romeo+Juliet

I thought it was a modern masterpiece. Good acting in the cheesy over done style I think ot intended to be. Lines delivered well. Great marriage of the original text and modern settings. And Mercuerio was rad as fukkk

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Freddy vs. Jason.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Resident Evil 5. The plot is only there to connect a series of wildly divergent action set pieces, and they know that.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gridlocked posted:

Baz Lurhmanns Romeo+Juliet

I thought it was a modern masterpiece. Good acting in the cheesy over done style I think ot intended to be. Lines delivered well. Great marriage of the original text and modern settings. And Mercuerio was rad as fukkk

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Freddy vs. Jason.

both of these movies own

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Smythe posted:

both of these movies own

You're allright Smythe

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Beer Hall Putz posted:

Bio-Dome (while sober).

Purple sticky punch flew right over nine year old me's head

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
1990's Mummy
Titanic
Romeo + Juliet
The Crow (only the 1st one)
Interview With The Vampire
Marie Antoinette
The Great Gatsby movie with Leo DiCaprio
Shahrukh Khan's version of Devdas - it's bad even by Bollywood standards but it's super pretty to look at and the music is catchy.
Benny and Joon
Pirates of the Carribean (all 3 movies)
The psuedo edgy 2011 Wuthering Heights
The Simpsons Movie
Wild Wild West
City Slickers

I almost forgot about The Faculty, The Craft and Jawbreaker.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Happyimp posted:

I have watched Sister Act more than any sane person should. When I was young, the mousy redhead that could sing loud made me feel funny in the pants.

:agreed:
I watched this movie like every weekend with my mom for a year straight.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The Stupids.

*smacks bee on a car with a shoe*
*sniper shoots car at the same moment, car explodes*
*looks at shoe in amazement* Now that's a well-made shoe!

Also Christopher Lee goes through people's mail:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TphnTkgJLpE

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Shakespeare in Love

Ashamed? I mean, it kicked Saving Private Ryan's rear end in the Oscars.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I liked the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

These are the movies in my collection I could watch the whole way through right now that took home less than $1 million at the box office according to www.boxofficemojo.com on Internet.

code:
Idiocracy	$444,093
Killing Zoe	$418,961
Repo Man	$129,000
Sorcerer	$Nobody Knows
Subway 		$390,659
The Beast	$161,004
Cherry 2000	Doesn't even exist

Longpig Bard fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Nov 28, 2017

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Idiocracy has legs though, right?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Repo Man is also a definite cult classic.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Little women. So many late nights in my 20s drinking warm beer and chain smoking with a tear in my eye.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Caesar Saladin posted:

Repo Man is also a definite cult classic.

The musical is way better.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

Heartbreakers is my favorite chick flick
Now I'm remembering how they exploited the poo poo out of 20 year-old Jennifer Love Hewitt's body for that movie. Thanks.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Horses I'd Like To gently caress. Any number in the series is shameful.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Lucy. It's bad and nonsensical. It takes that dumb "people only use 10 percent of their minds" trope and goes completely insane with it. Scarlett Johansson becomes a mule for a super drug and the bag bursts inside of her, giving her mind powers. They didn't know how to write a smart person, so she just spouts off a bunch of stuff from a philosophy 101 class and a bunch of scientists are blown away by it. It's silly.

Lucy: THERE ARE NO NUMBERS

Scientists: Whoa!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

killmeimmafailure posted:

Idiocracy has legs though, right?

it has surely made more in the vod circuit than it did at the b.o.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

sure okay posted:

Ginger Snaps

Ginger Snaps is loving great. The second one is pretty good too, but it does not contain the phrase “your standard cum-buckety date-bait” and was therefore barred from being as good as the original from the get-go.

Das Boo posted:

The Stupids.

I’ve met so few people who have ever seen this; fewer who’ve loved it as I have loved it.

Half-man, half-plant - he dwells in two world but is the master of both!

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Little women. So many late nights in my 20s drinking warm beer and chain smoking with a tear in my eye.

Me too. I especially like the part where the professor is all: I was hoping I might have a reason to stay…

That guy is the best.

Hmm. I like Secretary. Is that a bad movie? It might be.

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

RobotDogPolice posted:

Lucy. It's bad and nonsensical. It takes that dumb "people only use 10 percent of their minds" trope and goes completely insane with it. Scarlett Johansson becomes a mule for a super drug and the bag bursts inside of her, giving her mind powers. They didn't know how to write a smart person, so she just spouts off a bunch of stuff from a philosophy 101 class and a bunch of scientists are blown away by it. It's silly.

Lucy: THERE ARE NO NUMBERS

Scientists: Whoa!

Well 1/3= .3333 repeating forever. Numbers are limits. The singularity can’t be written in machine code. Sorry folks. Y’all need some calc up in here

Pi= the ratio of the diameter to the circumference of a circle and continues indefinitely for the same reason. Actually I don’t remember if that’s the proof. I don’t care the reasoning is the same

killmeimmafailure fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Nov 28, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Traxx

I bet almost no-one has heard of it, but if you don;t find yourself laughing at this cheesy 80's comedy action film then there is something wrong with you.

I've just discovered that they released a director's cut in 2014!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbsTPP7bfEU

Actually, the original version is best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TaDcId8QKk

spog fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Nov 28, 2017

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bedazzled with brendon friaser.

It was a real awaking for me as a child

Bedeviled?
I don’t know some chick flick about this sexy devil lady granting lovely wishes

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Kuato posted:

Island of doctor Moreau. I skimmed part of the documentary on its production and it confuses me as to why anyone’s ashamed of their work on it. I think it’s a drat fine movie. :shrug:

i'm going to assume poster kuato mostly just beats his meat to catgirl fairuza balk

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
Hudson hawk loving rocks

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

beer for my horses
kirk cameron's saving christmas
hillary's america: the secret history of the democratic party
let there be light
13 hours: the secret soldiers of benghazi
american sniper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I watched Iron Giant on Netflix the other day.

Then Netflix showed me a big ol' banner that said "Don't want kid movies crowding your list? Give the kids their own account!" and it had a big ol' picture of the Iron Giant on it. Well gently caress you, Netflix. That movie was for me and yes I want more like it.

But this is off-topic because I'm not ashamed even though Netflix wants me to be.

• Locked thread