Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Percelus posted:

beer for my horses
kirk cameron's saving christmas
hillary's america: the secret history of the democratic party
let there be light
13 hours: the secret soldiers of benghazi
american sniper

for the record i'm not ashamed of loving any of these cinematic classics, i'm ashamed any of my so called fellow americans wouldn't feel the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

killmeimmafailure posted:

Bedazzled with brendon friaser.

It was a real awaking for me as a child

Bedeviled?
I don’t know some chick flick about this sexy devil lady granting lovely wishes

Bedazzled with Elizabeth Hurley, a lovely remake of the awesome 1967 movie staring Peter Cook and Dudley Moore.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
The 13th warrior is an awesome film and I will never understand the hate for it at all.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I like half past dead a lot although I feel a little racist for thinking the leader of the people invading the prison was DMX all these years. Still, it's my favorite seagal movie but I haven't met anyone else who likes it.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
the discworld movies

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That one where a bearded man from Ethiopia rapes this sentient donkey, then the donkey gives birth to some sort of horse-man hybrid who goes on a rampage to kill all the people in the town

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I don't remember that Shrek sequel

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Zzulu posted:

That one where a bearded man from Ethiopia rapes this sentient donkey, then the donkey gives birth to some sort of horse-man hybrid who goes on a rampage to kill all the people in the town

You should only be ashamed of being too lazy to remember the title of that movie.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
who's your caddy

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

mostlygray posted:

Cabin Boy (Best movie ever. "Try the London Broil")

"These pipes... are CLEAN!!!"

Serious question: am I still allowed to like LA Confidential now that we've all found out what a creep Kevin Spacey is? Because that's a legit fantastic movie.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I have fond feeling for the movie Druids from growing up.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Dream a Little Dream starring the two Coreys.
Krull
The Ninth Gate

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Colonel Cancer posted:

Big Trouble in Little China

A story about how a hwite man invites himself into other people's centuries old problems and fixes them all.

If you haven't watched this movie in a while, you should. Jack does absolutely nothing the whole movie except for one lucky knife throw. He's either incapacitated, tied up, knocked out, or screws stuff up the entire time. Most of the time he's just confused by what's going on and trying to survive all the crazy poo poo.

Wang is the real action hero of the movie.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Ya the whole joke to Big Trouble in Little China is that Kurt Russell's character is completely useless the entire film. I'm pretty sure he even gets knocked out like ten seconds into the big fight at the end.

Anyways, I have a very big soft spot for Delta Force even though on paper I should hate it. Chuck Norris has the acting of a wooden board and it's filled to the brim heavy handed political commentary. Robert Forster plays a well dressed Lebanese terrorist though and steals the show, he's one of the coolest movie villains of all time in that role even if the ending of the film is dumb as gently caress.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

1500quidporsche posted:

Anyways, I have a very big soft spot for Delta Force even though on paper I should hate it. Chuck Norris has the acting of a wooden board and it's filled to the brim heavy handed political commentary. Robert Forster plays a well dressed Lebanese terrorist though and steals the show, he's one of the coolest movie villains of all time in that role even if the ending of the film is dumb as gently caress.

I thought this was about Delta Farce at first with larry the cable guy and was about to agree with you. Delta Farce is another movie I am ashamed to like. I didn't like his health inspector movie though.

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

"These pipes... are CLEAN!!!"

Serious question: am I still allowed to like LA Confidential now that we've all found out what a creep Kevin Spacey is? Because that's a legit fantastic movie.

I really can't watch LA Confidential without falling asleep in the first 20 minutes. I'm sure is a good movie but no amount of Red Bull can keep me awake to find out.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

mostlygray posted:

Meet The Feebles (Sodomy!)

If Meet the Feebles is terrible, then why have I had two copies stolen by roommates? :colbert:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
An American Werewolf in London is a comically bad movie that doesn't even end, but it's so loving hilarious and the special effects are the funniest thing!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Wir Sind Die Nacht:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh7AFPoXvA8

I don't know how I ended up watching a subtitled movie about German lesbian vampires, but I'm glad I did.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Oldstench posted:

The Ninth Gate

Yeah, this is mine. It's not awful, it's just uninspired, has a lot of lazy acting/directing, and has a particularly weak payoff. But I love the atmosphere and just, like, riding around with Johnny Depp on his casual little adventure. It's like a double-length Rick Steves episode with a B-horror plot thrown in.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

hitchensgoespop posted:

Zulu. A rip roaring tale of some civilised white chaps teaching the zulus a thing or two about warfare but then ultimately gaining their respect by mowing hundreds of then down.

Its also based on a true story which makes it even better.

True fact. Its an xmas tradition to show this film on TV in the UK usually on xmas eve at about 2pm so you can watch it with a drink.

Never be ashamed for enjoying Zulu, that poo poo is loving amazing

If I am ever surrounded by overwhelming numbers you better believe I'll be singing Men of Harlech

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
All the Resident Evil movies except the very last one which was loving poo poo even by the franchise standards and a big gently caress you if you watched them all.

But God help me if they aren't extremely entertaining collages of insane bullshit with great soundtracks.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Blazing Ownager posted:

All the Resident Evil movies except the very last one which was loving poo poo even by the franchise standards and a big gently caress you if you watched them all.

But God help me if they aren't extremely entertaining collages of insane bullshit with great soundtracks.

The first one is entirely justified by the laser scene, and the words, "You're all going to die down here." :allears:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Tophat posted:

The first one is entirely justified by the laser scene, and the words, "You're all going to die down here." :allears:

I am still legitimately bummed out that the last RE movie was just bad-bad instead of good-bad. It handled so many things in baffling ways from killing the most powerful recurring villain by stealing a scene from Robocop and then having him whine for 10 minutes with his foot cut off by a door, they forgot the entire plot to the second movie (like the ENTIRE plot) and they retconed the entire plot to the previous movie, it's loving hilarious.

I mean we were always talking crackhead level consistency with things, but never like "Oh yeah half the movies didn't happen" levels of what the gently caress and that's just the start of the stupid poo poo.. the biggest sin though is it's boring. The stupid poo poo has always been fun but there were no fun scenes, not a single one, in the last movie

A shame, it was almost the perfect so bad it's good series, and it almost still is but you have to burn the last one with fire

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
High Fidelity (gently caress yeah John Cusack)
Room 1408 (gently caress yeah John Cusack again!)
Churchill: The Hollywood Years
Prometheus
Valkyrie (The set designs and costumes are great)

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DeadButDelicious posted:

High Fidelity (gently caress yeah John Cusack)
Room 1408 (gently caress yeah John Cusack again!)

Why are you ashamed to like these, again? Esp Room 1408. It was a fun movie.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I really enjoyed Scary Movie 2 as a kid

I watched it this past weekend, it was just so, so, so bad

But I still enjoyed it

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
What black and twisted soul hates Hook?

Anyway, my big one is Bugsy Malone (1976). Not Bugsy with Warren Beatty, but an all-kids musical version starring Scott Baio and Jodie Foster that ends with an epic pie fight.

Also, Tron and Tron: Legacy. I recognize that these aren't actually good films, but I'll defend them to the bitter end.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

Why are you ashamed to like these, again? Esp Room 1408. It was a fun movie.
Yeah 1408's biggest crime is that there isn't really any innovation in it. It's Stephen King's personal xerox. That said it's a drat good quality xerox.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hardcore Henry
Clerks 2
Revenge of the Sith
Jason takes Manhattan
Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (the one in the mental hospital with the cool TV death)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

facebook jihad posted:

Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (the one in the mental hospital with the cool TV death)
For my money this is the best of all the Elm Street movies. Patricia Arquette and Heather Langenkamp are way better than the movie deserves, Freddy has at least three of his GOAT kills, the kids are actually written like kids who were falsely institutionalized and even the nerd is likable, a hot nurse gets naked, and a solid monster-origin for Freddy even if it doesn't make any sense and devalues some of his "neighborhood demon" mystique. The movie ends with not-Bill Maher fighting a flaming undead skeleton in a junkyard.

The only reason to be ashamed is if all of your friends are insufferably highbrow and refuse to let you enjoy anything they don't approve of.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah 1408's biggest crime is that there isn't really any innovation in it. It's Stephen King's personal xerox. That said it's a drat good quality xerox.

I think it's just because it lacks substance. There's not really anything to it but it's a fantastic character-driven film that gives Cusack a chance to flex his acting chops but that's all there is to it. Hell it doesn't even need Jackson on the bill because he's there for a whole ten minutes. Yeah it's enjoyable but it's not a "good" movie. I do like it though.

High Fidelity is more just contemporaries making GBS threads on a film with Jack Black in it. I dunno man I just enjoy watching Cusack do his thing in any film.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Das Butterbrot posted:

the discworld movies

Nothing wrong with those, the source material carries them pretty well. After the horrifying abortion of The Hobbit, I'd be horrified to see an earnest Hollywood adaptation of anything Discworld.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Bodhidharma posted:

I enjoy The Chronicles of Riddick. A lot of it probably has to do with nostalgia though.
this is a surprisingly ok sci-fi movie if you can get past all the vin diesel tough guy preening. but holy hell the third movie that came out somewhat recently is dogshit. edit: the actor who played starbuck in bsg is in it and everyone tries endlessly to rape her. that's the second most important plot thread.

Zane fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 28, 2017

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

My confessions:

I like Matrix Reloaded better than the original.

Ditto Clerks 2.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I also unironically really like the Robin Williams movie Toys. It's not perfect but there's nothing out there like it.

I think it has Cable Guy syndrome in sense that audiences dismissed it because it was mis-marketed as one of the headlining star's typical comedies.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Not a Children posted:

I really enjoyed Scary Movie 2 as a kid

I watched it this past weekend, it was just so, so, so bad

But I still enjoyed it

It's nowhere near as good as the first one but it still kind of owns in its own way. I liked the guy's hosed up hand.

I think 3 is by far the best though. The part where that guy does the shotgun cock thing on the shovel always kills me.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
The Holiday :negative:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Don't be too ashamed, I like this one too even though the premise seems really absurd to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
That stupid Will Ferrell Bewitched movie is a real guilty pleasure of mine.

• Locked thread