Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I watched this one for the first time this weekend. I hated the Cameron Diaz storyline but was all in for Jack Black and Kate Winslet.

It was pretty cool that Black was presented as a totally normal guy that people would want to date and be friends with, instead of a crazy fat dude who smokes weed or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

has a particularly weak payoff.
not like a dbz fight scene payoff but i think walking into an eternity of being husband to horny sexy ladysatan and new king of hell (whatever that is since satan isnt who we picture it as) is provocative

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
“oscar” starring sylvester stallone

shameful but i watched it way too much back in the day

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Mirage posted:

Also, Tron and Tron: Legacy. I recognize that these aren't actually good films, but I'll defend them to the bitter end.

Tron Legacy is an awesome music video

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Das Butterbrot posted:

the discworld movies

There is nothing to be ashamed of for liking those movies.

No matter if you are talking the animated or live action ones.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

All the Resident Evil movies except the very last one which was loving poo poo even by the franchise standards and a big gently caress you if you watched them all.

But God help me if they aren't extremely entertaining collages of insane bullshit with great soundtracks.

My favorite part about those movies is how each one almost completely negates the previous films and there's always a long exposition dump at the beginning where Mila has to explain everything.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

second for Krull and Big Trouble in Little China

Allow me to add:
Dune (the Alan Smithee cut)
5th Element
BeastMaster
Buckaroo Bonzai
Howard the Duck
Kentucky Fried Movie
*every Japanese monster movie ever*

I am a terrible human being

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I watched Sandler’s That’s My Boy on cable about a year ago and found it funny in how dumb it was. Like I didn’t hate it, and I don’t think I liked it. But I definitely enjoyed my time watching it.

Is that what Adam Sandler is going for? Making movies that people can watch to marvel at how stupid they are?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Grandma's Boy
Wet Hot American Summer

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i think sandler is going for movies that you can effortlessly phone in and make big stacks of cash for

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Oh god what is wrong with me?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

if anyone lists robocop 1 & 2 or starship troopers i will fight you verhoeven is a master of his craft and people should be ashamed for not loving his films

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Oh god what is wrong with me?

do you have the fetal alcohol syndrome?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Percelus posted:

do you have the fetal alcohol syndrome?

Nah, but I suspect I have adult alcohol syndrome.
Anyway, I also like the 70's animated Lord of the Rings

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Percelus posted:

if anyone lists robocop 1 & 2 or starship troopers i will fight you verhoeven is a master of his craft and people should be ashamed for not loving his films

Robocop 2 is pretty mediocre

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

After hearing about sexual assault non-stop for two months, I felt kind of ashamed to still like all the James Bond movies

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I like the last 1/4 of Evil Bong 2: King Bong

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Percelus posted:

I listed the starship troopers sequels (best to worse 3, 5, 4, 2), does that count?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jim Barris posted:

I like the last 1/4 of Evil Bong 2: King Bong

I see this movie at 7-11 all the time

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"

Grandma's Boy
Wet Hot American Summer

Both these movies own though.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Does Due Date count? That was the hardest I’ve laughed in a movie theater in my life

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Percelus posted:

If anyone says the Robocop remake I am going to start a kickstarter to hire a shame nun to follow them around

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its impossible to be ashamed of liking the robocop remake if no one liked it

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Spinster posted:

Troy. So much eye candy.

Yes! This and Alexander :3

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Allow me to add:
5th Element

I am a terrible human being

You show me someone who doesn’t like this movie and I’ll show you a Bad Person :colbert:

Mine is: The Postman. I guess it hit me right before cynicism destroyed my belief in American idealism. Plus the line, “I was at the battle of Georgetown, I watched the White House burn to the ground!” is badass.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
Sweet Home Alabama and Fool's Gold

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drink-Mix Man posted:

After hearing about sexual assault non-stop for two months, I felt kind of ashamed to still like all the James Bond movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpGFESbLMKU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
ok yea this is a good answer. i never want to admit it but i loved grandma's boy, tho i haven't seen it in like 9 years so idk.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Yvershek posted:

If Meet the Feebles is terrible, then why have I had two copies stolen by roommates? :colbert:

My copy is a VHS rental that I rented in about '98. They wouldn't take it back so I still have it to this day. I don't have a VCR any more, but if I ever run across one, this is the first tape I'll watch.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead. It's not terrible but it's cheesy and extremely '90s... I still liked it (about 3 years ago).

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Lordshmee posted:

You show me someone who doesn’t like this movie and I’ll show you a Bad Person :colbert:

Mine is: The Postman. I guess it hit me right before cynicism destroyed my belief in American idealism. Plus the line, “I was at the battle of Georgetown, I watched the White House burn to the ground!” is badass.

the postman is a ridiculously bad movie

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
When I was seven years old, I cried in the theater during Adam Sandler's film "Click" when he ran out of the hospital and yelled upwards into the rain.

I really wish I was joking. Please reply about how upset you are with my age.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
The Phantom is delightfully cheesy.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

HELLBITCH posted:

I really wish I was joking. Please reply about how upset you are with my age.
ya 13 year olds shouldnt be here, go enjoy your youth before peter theil drinks it all

tho click was v tear jerky and had some good moments, not a good movie overall and def not worth rewatching

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

solar energy panel posted:

If loving this movie is wrong I dont wanna be right.

Sandworms too.

The Baumann
Jun 2, 2013

En Garde, Fuckboy

What a bad opinion.

For content, I unironically think that Nicholas Cage is a great actor that makes a lot of what he's in way more entertaining than it should be. I know stuff like Next and The Wickerman are crap, but I really enjoy them anyway.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

AWarmBody posted:

https://youtu.be/cBGZbm8ipPc

House Bunny has a place in my top ten favorite movies of all time because it consistently makes me laugh each viewing.

My freshman year roommates forced me to see it on the big screen during a time of my life when the Coen Bros and Lars Von Trier were my favorite directors. I begrudgingly went, but it left its mark on me.

I now own the DVD and can enjoy 2008 humor whenever I drat well please.

I proudly own this on blu ray.

Anna Faris is comedy gold.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The last Matrix movie wasn't as bad as people say, I like it enough.

Same with Godfather 3, and I think the ending was perfect.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Percelus posted:

I like Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation. I like all the Starship Troopers movies and spin-offs.

I'm not really ashamed about it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

the 'Carry On' movies

• Locked thread