Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Step Brothers

Literally anything by Kevin Smith pre-Red State

Spaceballs

Napoleon Dynamite

PCU

Good Will Hunting

St. Elmo's Fire

----

I basically don't deserve to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

hitchensgoespop posted:

Zulu. A rip roaring tale of some civilised white chaps teaching the zulus a thing or two about warfare but then ultimately gaining their respect by mowing hundreds of then down.

Its also based on a true story which makes it even better.

True fact. Its an xmas tradition to show this film on TV in the UK usually on xmas eve at about 2pm so you can watch it with a drink.
Fun fact: Peter Jackson looked to this movie for inspiration on the Helm's Deep plotline in The Two Towers.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Spinster posted:

Step Brothers is hilarious, no shame in that
Eh it feels shameful to laugh when you're 23 and moving back in with parents.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jeepers Creepers, the first one, knowing what a monster Victor Salva is.

Also I'm not ashamed but I don't brag that I love every scrappy Final Destination movie.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

To be fair all the actors who aren't Costner are pretty good to great. Morgan Freeman smiles as he waits for his checks to clear and he's still a highlight of the movie.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I'm praying for her to get into Frozen at this point.
You think you want this, but you don't.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Beer Hall Putz posted:

Biodome (while sober).
The tall brunette scientist lady was one of my first movie crushes.

Reminds me, I also really like Mortal Kombat Anhillation even though it's objectively a hate crime to the eyes and ears.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I saw Big Trouble in theaters and it was loving boring as poo poo. It was so boring and lovely and forgettable that I feel like having an opinion on it at all is giving it more than it deserves.
I remember it way more clearly than it feels I should. It's such a dry Ritz cracker of a movie

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Accepted is a terrible, horrible film in every regard, and everyone involved in its making should be sent to concentration camps and put directly in the ovens without being gassed first so that they can suffer for their evil crimes... but drat does it have some nice womens in it tho.
I liked this one completely in spite of myself too. I'd say the same about Waiting but I think that one is decently made.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

roboshit posted:

love actually is a p good movie i like it even though im a manly man
It is competently made and has a cast to die for, but everyone in it is a terrible human being.

There are not one, not two, but three 'guy wants to gently caress his employee' plotlines. Emma Thompson and Laura Linney get screwed over with no resolution to their broken families getting in the way of their happiness. Meanwhile the pervert gets a gangbang, the creep gets a pity kiss from his best friend's wife as reward for being a creep, and Liam Neeson's lizard kid is rewarded for harrassing a girl he barely knows at the airpot.

It is so morally bankrupt while being loving to its audience it's honestly a breathtaking indictment of Western Civilization.

The Martin Freeman and Bill Nighy plots are sweet though.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 28, 2017

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Colonel Cancer posted:

Big Trouble in Little China

A story about how a hwite man invites himself into other people's centuries old problems and fixes them all.
You missed the joke bad.

The Asian guy who Kurt Russell treats like a sidekick is the actual main character and Russell is the boorish idiot American who tags along and gets in the way.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Colonel Cancer posted:

No you see the birth of nation is actually a very GOOD film!
Nah man the framing is really obvious.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m watching Lucky Number Slevin for like the 30th time in my life because it’s about to leave Netflix.

I am not ashamed.
All I remember about this movie is Bruce Willis snapping necks and a 30-something Lucy Liu pretending and failing to act like a ditzy 19 year-old.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

Heartbreakers is my favorite chick flick
Now I'm remembering how they exploited the poo poo out of 20 year-old Jennifer Love Hewitt's body for that movie. Thanks.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I don't remember that Shrek sequel

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

Why are you ashamed to like these, again? Esp Room 1408. It was a fun movie.
Yeah 1408's biggest crime is that there isn't really any innovation in it. It's Stephen King's personal xerox. That said it's a drat good quality xerox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

facebook jihad posted:

Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (the one in the mental hospital with the cool TV death)
For my money this is the best of all the Elm Street movies. Patricia Arquette and Heather Langenkamp are way better than the movie deserves, Freddy has at least three of his GOAT kills, the kids are actually written like kids who were falsely institutionalized and even the nerd is likable, a hot nurse gets naked, and a solid monster-origin for Freddy even if it doesn't make any sense and devalues some of his "neighborhood demon" mystique. The movie ends with not-Bill Maher fighting a flaming undead skeleton in a junkyard.

The only reason to be ashamed is if all of your friends are insufferably highbrow and refuse to let you enjoy anything they don't approve of.

• Locked thread