Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

This thread brings back good memories. I lived in an Astro work van I got at a city surplus auction years back when I was in Western Alaska. Great times.

The hardest part for me was the noise factor. I had converted the van fairly well but anytime it rained it just sounded like my van was getting shot up by a gang of kids with BB guns. It'd keep me up all night until it subsided.

The other hard part, as you alluded to, was storage. I had to keep all of my hiking and outdoor gear in a storage locker because I didnt have room in the van.

Aside from those two main concerns the only other hardship was waking up early enough to make it to the rec center to get the single shower stall so I didnt have to shower in the group shower with the gold miners and fisherman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread