Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Oh thanks let me pay 100 dollars a year to get my item in 2 days instead of walking over to Target and paying the same price and having it on the same day gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The piece of poo poo here isn't Amazon.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

let me pay 60 dollars a year so a shady courier can throw someone else's package at my house from the window of a moving car on his way up the street, take a smartphone photo of it on my porch on his way back down the street, and sign his name on a delivery receipt in my name

i'd take actual delivery via regular mail "probably by the end of this week" over next-day whatever the gently caress that is

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hurrrr im jeff bezos durrrr... get real bitch

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
in glorious europe we get next day delivery for free as standard

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Beep boop please be quiet, dear amazon citizen, or we will be forced to deploy our amazon prime drones

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

my bitter bi rival posted:

hurrrr im jeff bezos durrrr... get real bitch

more like jeff BOZOS :xd:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

with the new amazon warehouse opening soon im extremely looking forward to shooting down delivery drones and claiming *checks ledger* 1000 pairs of novelty minion boxer shorts???

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

more like jeff BOZOS :xd:

it's benzos, idiot

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

capitalism is a piece of poo poo

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

akadajet posted:

The piece of poo poo here isn't Amazon.

*looks at u* yah

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

vaginal facsimile posted:

*looks at u* yah

drat....

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

akadajet posted:

it's benzos, idiot

gently caress u

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

vaginal facsimile posted:

Oh thanks let me pay 100 dollars a year to get my item in 2 days instead of walking over to Target and paying the same price and having it on the same day gently caress you.

you gotta spend money to make money

:coolspot::capitalism::coolspot:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

You'd rather see me in the pen
Than me and Jeff bezos rollin in the benzo
Beat tha police outta shape
And when I'm finished, bring the yellow tape

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Cat Face Joe posted:

with the new amazon warehouse opening soon im extremely looking forward to shooting down delivery drones and claiming *checks ledger* 1000 pairs of novelty minion boxer shorts???

... nice

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

ba

na na

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my expedited 1-day delivery from amazon has been sitting in a UPS truck for over 30 hours

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

flakeloaf posted:

let me pay 60 dollars a year so a shady courier can throw someone else's package at my house from the window of a moving car on his way up the street, take a smartphone photo of it on my porch on his way back down the street, and sign his name on a delivery receipt in my name

i'd take actual delivery via regular mail "probably by the end of this week" over next-day whatever the gently caress that is

say it wasn't there when you got home and ruin someone's life with this one weird trick. giggers hate it.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I just called support and told them to de-prioritize LaserShip and to prioritize USPS as a delivery method. I live like a block away from the post office so things either show up extremely early or extremely late in the day.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

I just called support and told them to de-prioritize LaserShip and to prioritize USPS as a delivery method. I live like a block away from the post office so things either show up extremely early or extremely late in the day.

same except canada post, because postal services are actually really very good at a) delivering things and b) making sure you get them and c) not loving you in hte process

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

You'd rather see me in the pen
Than me and Jeff bezos rollin in the benzo
Beat tha police outta shape
And when I'm finished, bring the yellow tape

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

my expedited 1-day delivery from amazon has been sitting in a UPS truck for over 30 hours

still not here :thumbsup:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

actually it owns sometimes I order useless poo poo just so I know some moron is rushing to deliver it to me on time in order to feed his family

*orders single can of pringles*

bet you wish you studied harder in school huh? merry crispmas, bitch lmao

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I actually hate ordering one day delivery even when it's free just for that reason

it's so insanely hosed up and exploitative

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Xaris posted:

I actually hate ordering one day delivery even when it's free just for that reason

Jeff bezos is going to make you his bitch

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Xaris posted:

this is with me ordering rush delivery to an Amazon Locker

I’ll order it and then I’ll grab it almost a week later when I get my groceries.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i feel less guilty about one-day rushing stuff to a locker just because it's almost inevitable something's already going there

distribution of guilt i suppose

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

say it wasn't there when you got home and ruin someone's life with this one weird trick. giggers hate it.

doublegiggers

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

What's a gigger

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

HR gigger

pram
Jun 10, 2001
I’m at aws reinvent right now :grin:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Amazon Web poo poo

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
In Hawaii, Prime membership does not give you free 2 day shipping, it gives you free standard rate shipping which they re-name "prime" after you subscribe. Standard rate shipping is already free in Hawaii without a Prime membership. According to several Amazon representatives, the 5-7 business days for standard shipping as stated by them begins after they ship the item, which I have seen take up to three weeks.

Additionally, the fact that all packages I've ordered for the past decade go to Hawaii and all my saved addresses are in Hawaii does not prevent them from advertising incorrect fast delivery dates before checkout. It also does not let you know that you are not getting any shipping benefits before you purchase prime; you have to click through like four links to find it from the main Prime menu. They also have no search options to hide items that will not deliver outside the continental 48, and only alert you that there is no possible way to actually get the item you're trying to purchase until the last step of checkout.

When Amazon first launched Prime, instead of just changing the name and giving you nothing like they do now, it made getting the previously available free standard shipping impossible. It only gave you the "2 day Prime" option as a minimum, which doesn't work in Hawaii, so it would kick you back at the end to choose one of the options that cost money. For the first year after it launched, the $100 Prime subscription was actually a downgrade.

They couldn't give less of a poo poo about Hawaii and likely never will.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i got a gopro next-dayed to my hotel in maui two years ago for free via prime

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i got a gopro next-dayed to my hotel in maui two years ago for free via prime

Some stuff they inexplicably get to you in no time at all, but most stuff takes forever. For example I ordered a book for a Christmas present on Monday and it got here today, but I ordered some slippers two weeks ago and they haven't shipped yet. Both are "Fulfilled by Amazon.com"

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

actually it owns sometimes I order useless poo poo just so I know some moron is rushing to deliver it to me on time in order to feed his family

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

when u rockin the double phone dash mount for both your uber and lyft samsungs

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Rex-Goliath posted:

thats ice cold man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

and also yospos as gently caress but still ice cold

• Locked thread