Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

3D Megadoodoo posted:

[everything about it]

I'm always happy to see a fellow Fetlife thread-appreciator these days.
:hfive:

Edit:

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

The narrator gets the story sitting on a park bench from the protagonist, and then some orderlies come up and take him back to the mental hospital!

Worst Forrest Gump sequel ever.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I always liked those posters even if they look kinda silly from an adult's eyes

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Heath posted:

I always liked those posters even if they look kinda silly from an adult's eyes

Adults are lame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2LupsLlx1M

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Kermit is nude

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Frogs need to be naked in order to read books. It's just basic science.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Reading in the nude is a sublime pleasure

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Heath posted:

Reading in the nude is a sublime pleasure

I only read while wearing an old-timey diving suit:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Signed copies available here if anyone else is interested (I just bought one):

https://destroyallgalleries.com/

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
Party Music looks great. I've encountered the Lumpen "Bobby Must Be Free" 45 before (not in person but in DJ mixes) and wondered what the deal was. It seemed like an official record release from the Party. And also a kind of incredible song.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I think I've mentioned it before in this thread, but this movie is amazing and hilarious:

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Didn't expect this beauty of a technical drawing

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

That is so cool!!!!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Just finished this excellent 70s disaster thriller, reminded me of the '78 Invasion of the Body Snatchers with a WHO doctor tracking an epidemic thru San Francisco

Love these classic paintings for 70s novels, every genre from disaster to historical romance:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Just finished this excellent 70s disaster thriller, reminded me of the '78 Invasion of the Body Snatchers with a WHO doctor tracking an epidemic thru San Francisco

Love these classic paintings for 70s novels, every genre from disaster to historical romance:

That looks ridiculous. I love that painting! I love art in general, but that's a special kind of silly cool. I should read that.

Ack! So many books, so little time.....

Also, I am always curious about novels with multiple authors. I wonder how that writing process worked?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

These two wrote one of the novels that was adapted into The Towering Inferno.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Was looking for Finnish translations of Rabelais and found... this:

:nws: I guess? https://i.imgur.com/asbyR2z.png

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Was looking for Finnish translations of Rabelais and found... this:

:nws: I guess? https://i.imgur.com/asbyR2z.png

Rabelais would have fuckin' LOVED that picture. LOL!!!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh yeah here's the cover; forgot to post it.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I gotta go to Finland one of these days. I have never been able to afford a trip to Europe, but hope to get there soon(ish).

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I gotta go to Finland one of these days.

I live here and I'd advise against it.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I live here and I'd advise against it.

but they still do logging with man and horse, the way it's supposed to be done

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

but they still do logging with man and horse, the way it's supposed to be done

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
the power of jesus compels you!!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I want a bunch of these.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Haven't read this myself, but someone recommended it in a Facebook literature group:

"Fatherman and exploding poo"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Saw this on Twitter

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Haven't read this myself, but someone recommended it in a Facebook literature group:

"Fatherman and exploding poo"

This looks awesome!!!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

FreudianSlippers posted:

Saw this on Twitter

Finally, my two favorite interests together in one book!!!!!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Taking a moment to appreciate Sinclair Lewis.

I have a TON of new (to me) books to post. Sorry for slackin'. I'll take some pictures.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Did they not have a copy of “Drunk on Freedom: The Irish in America”?