Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This dude's grandfather led literal armies against the Nazis and he wrote a picture book about 70s rapevans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I Don't Even Own A Television has y'all covered if you want to know more about this.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blue Moonlight posted:

How can this book have been written in 1994 while also telling the story of the Something Awful Forums, “Alarming Gas Explosion”? Can this man tell the future?

Are there even non-alarming gas explosions?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MasterSitsu posted:

I was a huge fan of Sean/Liartown and had a number of his publications and am sad to discover he's a reactionary right wing chud now into Andy Ngo/Jack Pasobiec crap and spends all day liking TERFy and anti-BLM garbage.

What are you talking about

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MasterSitsu posted:

Dude made fun of social justice stuff in a lot of his work ("Wokus Pocus" was a fave of mine) and it seemed like it wasn't intended to be malicious, but looking at the likes on his twitter feed its nothing but cancel culture gripes, Ben Shapiro, Ngo, Prager, "Radical centrism", police apologism, "Gender critical" posts intentionally misgendering people. Seems like a great guy.

Oh well, it's not like he's particularly productive any more so no loss really.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blue Moonlight posted:

No one can deny the erotically charged thrill of a good hot-dog stand after surviving a flood.

"Piled high" indeed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I have steered clear of reading anything written by self-described "hackers" ever since I was browsing the Jargon File like twenty years ago and came upon

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/appendixb.html

And yet you registered on SA.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Make money wrestling the police in your spare time!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Just finished this excellent 70s disaster thriller, reminded me of the '78 Invasion of the Body Snatchers with a WHO doctor tracking an epidemic thru San Francisco

These two wrote one of the novels that was adapted into The Towering Inferno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Teach posted:

My partner has just moved in and brought a bunch of interesting books, some of which I'll share here, I think.

She was given this, new, in the early-ish 1970s, and her copy is pretty... used. But I do like Robert Crumb. I don't think that, at 6-y-o, she knew what a Fi e Joint Soup is.

Man you'd never guess R. Crumb had a fetish, would you?