Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-2-0-0-add-ons-released.137930/

Make your bets on when the forums will be migrated to xenforo, if ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Gas thread, ban for forum-sass.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
12 years of customization work and it'll be ready to transition

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lowtax already said he doesn't have the money to do it.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rear end

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

akadajet posted:

lowtax already said he doesn't have the money to do it.

richard please

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
:toot:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
looking forward to posting on the new forums with my friends in the 'pos any day now

DICTATOR OF FUNK
Nov 6, 2007

aaaaaw yeeeeeah
tihs just in: xenforo fuckin blows

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
My poo poo posting depends on it

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Please I can't wait to be all up in this version point 0 software

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
cant wait to complain abotu the fonts in the new software

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
finally a modern place to discuss what a bad book xenocide was

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
has anyone under 30 actually had to read that book in school?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

infernal machines posted:

has anyone under 30 actually had to read that book in school?

why would anyone have read a random average sequel of a sci-fi book in school ever

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

poty posted:

finally a modern place to discuss what a bad book xenocide was

it was real bad but not as bad as children of the mind or whatever the last one was called

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

poty posted:

why would anyone have read a random average sequel of a sci-fi book in school ever

nobody wiggin out over shakespearean english taxing their already questionable literacy skills?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

flakeloaf posted:

nobody wiggin out

:shepface:

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Captain Foo posted:

it was real bad but not as bad as children of the mind or whatever the last one was called

actually children of the mind was a much better book

they're both garbage but cotm is at least batshit crazy rather than merely dumb and bad

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

finally, retina avatar support

thank you zenforums

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

orson scott card is a giant piece of poo poo

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
hail xenforo

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

xenfarto

poty
Jun 21, 2008

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

orson scott card is a giant piece of poo poo

i dont give a gently caress

if hitler had written the best book of all time i would read the gently caress out of it and be like wow hitler was an amazing writer he should have focused his energy on that

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's weird how many authors peak super early in their careers then spend the rest of their lives chasing it

I have a feeling patrick rothfuss will follow this path even though he's not even done with his first story arc

e: thought this was the wizard hat thread

qirex fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 30, 2017

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

poty posted:

i dont give a gently caress

if hitler had written the best book of all time i would read the gently caress out of it and be like wow hitler was an amazing writer he should have focused his energy on that

thankfully osc's books are bad too so there's no dilemma

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Plorkyeran posted:

thankfully osc's books are bad too so there's no dilemma

enders game is good
speaker for the dead is great

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

qirex posted:

it's weird how many authors peak super early in their careers then spend the rest of their lives chasing it

I have a feeling patrick rothfuss will follow this path even though he's not even done with his first story arc

e: thought this was the wizard hat thread

his books suck tho?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

poty posted:

enders game is good

the protagonist does all sorts of horrific stuff and the universe contorts itself to say that well actually he's not a bad person. it's a real bad book for impressionable minds to read

also there's the gay oil wrestling shower murder scene

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

imo enders game is about how talented people can get manipulated into doing horrible things and also how there's a bully lurking inside every victim of bullying

poty posted:

enders game is good
speaker for the dead is great

yeah but xenocide

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jabor posted:

also there's the gay oil wrestling shower murder scene

soap.

soap wrestling murder scene

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

i read ender's game and thought it was massively overrated and probably a steaming pile of fascist trash.

some of my favorite literature in school were in french and latin. we got to read candide, which was basically voltaire taking every opportunity to poo poo all over things he didn't like in an over the top way, and a lot of roman stuff which was fun to do with archaeology.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i liked children of the mind when i was a teenager. im not gonna ever read it again tho

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

all i really remember is that the supercomputer figured out how to move their philotic souls or something outside of the universe and then reconstitute them from elementary particles anywhere in the unvierse again, and i think the supercomputer becomes a real girl and figures out how to tap into the mind network of the intelligent pig-trees? it was kinda weird

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ender's game is okay

The next three are all good

Don't read anything else he wrote

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i read two of his other books. they were ok i guess

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Schadenboner posted:

Gas thread, ban for forum-sass.

it's xenforo so ban for forum-less or forum-css

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

fart simpson posted:

all i really remember is that the supercomputer figured out how to move their philotic souls or something outside of the universe and then reconstitute them from elementary particles anywhere in the unvierse again, and i think the supercomputer becomes a real girl and figures out how to tap into the mind network of the intelligent pig-trees? it was kinda weird

yes that essentially sums up everything after the 3rd book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
OCAU migrated from some ancient vbulletin to xenforo and tbh xen looks worse and seems less featureful

• Locked thread