Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

oh is this the new scifi thread, cool
i started reading sleeping giants it's good so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

what was that osc series (five books? i think?) that was a planet where satellites stop people on the planet from ever developing technology that could lead to war like weapons or vehicles then the satellites started to break and everything went to poo poo?

like all his stuff it started out with a neat idea and went really badly off the rails by the end

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

LastInLine posted:

what was that osc series (five books? i think?) that was a planet where satellites stop people on the planet from ever developing technology that could lead to war like weapons or vehicles then the satellites started to break and everything went to poo poo?

like all his stuff it started out with a neat idea and went really badly off the rails by the end

wasn't that a treehouse of horror episode

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the expanse is a decent scifi series aside from all the character tropes like big strong man with mysterious past and bumbling but well meaning man

the novellas are the best because they have new characters that you haven't had 3k pages of already

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

LastInLine posted:

the three body problem is like that

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the expanse is a decent scifi series aside from all the character tropes like big strong man with mysterious past and bumbling but well meaning man

the novellas are the best because they have new characters that you haven't had 3k pages of already

the next book just came out and i'm not really sure if i want to read it. the last 2 were pretty boring

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

LastInLine posted:

History has shown that simply two tribes of people will eventually declare war and fight each other over almost anything. No need for any technology for that to happen. :shrug:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Minnesota Mixup posted:

the next book just came out and i'm not really sure if i want to read it. the last 2 were pretty boring

i really like the universe they've created but i'm definitely losing interest. i found book 6 enjoyable, and 5 was pretty bad

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

does zenforo let you charge $10 to be able to attach a single photo to your posts

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

is anyone else getting weird css right now?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sa css is always weird

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
anyone who attaches images instead of uploading to imgur should be guillotined

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
love too copy a link to a funny image so i can send it to a friend and ahh gently caress its a somethingawful link that they can't see because they don't use this dead gay forum

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RISCy Business posted:

love too copy a link to a funny image so i can send it to a friend and ahh gently caress its a somethingawful link that they can't see because they don't use this dead gay forum

:same:

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

LastInLine posted:

the homecoming saga. as a kid i enjoyed it even though it got weird, but then years later i found out it's a fictionalization of the book of mormon and it all made sense.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

RISCy Business posted:

when imgur goes bust only the attached images are going to be left and then who's going to be the one laughing?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

~Coxy posted:

when imgur goes bust only the attached images are going to be left and then who's going to be the one laughing?

by the time imgur goes down nobody will be using this dead gay forum because it never got migrated to xenforo

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Plorkyeran posted:

the homecoming saga. as a kid i enjoyed it even though it got weird, but then years later i found out it's a fictionalization of the book of mormon and it all made sense.

oh like battlegar stalactica

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

RISCy Business posted:

by the time imgur goes down nobody will be using this dead gay forum because it never got migrated to xenforo

im here until the end, op

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
I said I loved my dead gay something or other at work the other day and the 19 year old I work with gave me this concerned look. not because I was making a reference to a dead gay movie, buy because he didn't know it was a reference and thought I was using gay as a pejorative

which I guess technically it was but not really? it was awkward and I felt old

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

yeah, don't say dead gay <thing>, the dead gay forums thing just barely gets a pass on here from being used so consistently for so long, but that too should go away since it is not the least bit funny anymore anyway

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Plorkyeran posted:

thanks yeah that was it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I said I loved my dead gay something or other at work the other day and the 19 year old I work with gave me this concerned look. not because I was making a reference to a dead gay movie, buy because he didn't know it was a reference and thought I was using gay as a pejorative

lol why would you say that irl

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

not the least bit funny anymore anyway

mlyp

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

in a professional setting, no less

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
~*adjusts reddit le meme shirt and pepe tie*~

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
it was while we were talking about video games at lunch, not like I was giving a presentation to the board. just kind of slipped out before I thought about it

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh it was lunch, that makes the homophobic slur okay then

no no, you see it was from a MOVIE, that makes it okay

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

never pronounce internet

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

hmm

not as funny as when some guy in YCS called up his parents with "hello this is your human being son"

George
Nov 27, 2004

we've done some bad things, internet

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

its catchy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A Pinball Wizard posted:

your an idiot

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

yeah that's dumb you deserve worse

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
I have the same coworker, I told him to yospos my neg hole and he caught on right away, dunno what the issue is

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i keep waiting and waiting for lowtax to announce the new forum but all the announcements are about really lazily designed t-shirts instead

i want to browse the 'pos in stunning 3d vr already

pram
Jun 10, 2001
titan is coming soon

George
Nov 27, 2004

when does the good yospos come out

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

depends, what time do you log off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
I say we keep this rickety shitbarge going

• Locked thread