Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Anidav posted:

What conservative editorials think they look like

What they actually look like

I remember that fuckin' kid. Isn't he the one who called himself a libertarian, before saying he was okay with data retention (the old 'if you've got nothing to hide' argument) and thinks marijuana should stay illegal while calling it 'whacky tobaccy'

Like, making fun of kids with political opinions is easy, making fun of libertarians is easy, but gently caress...at least know what the word you describe yourself as means.

Birdstrike posted:

One can enjoy CAD while understanding that Tim Buckley has flaws as an individual.

Bullshit. No one fuckin' enjoys CAD

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Other than being against cannabis that's a textbook definition of libertarian. They're just Pinochet worshiping fascists.

That's a hosed up textbook, then. I know that, at least theoretically, they're about small government and deregulation.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

“I haven’t seen too many people on the LGBTI community...to become great social advocates like I have the religious community.”

What?

Seriously, what?

That isn't a sentence.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I'm pleased that George isn't wasting taxpayer money on suits that fit him.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Senor Tron posted:

That's future PM Dutton to you.

:shepicide:

Someone with Abbot's charisma, Bernardi's grasp of which era they're in and Current Malcolm Turnbull's likability. I don't see him winning a lot of elections. The LNP is spectacularly out of touch, but even they've got to notice that Dutton might be the least likable person in the country.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CrazyTolradi posted:

What if 51% of people supported stabbing lawyers in the stomach with a shiv?

I'm not seeing a problem.

Brutalism is fine as long as it's maintained, which it rarely is.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

ewe2 posted:

China will grow larger!

I got this reference and I'm far too pleased with myself that I did.

Ranter posted:

Ya'll better be worried about this. Over here in 'murica they don't have strong journalism asking politicians hard questions, keeping them on their toes, and it's a clusterfuck. I bet aus pols want softer bullshit just like it is here so they can get away with more shenanigans.

Be afraid.

I'm not too worried. Our pols are poo poo enough that they even gently caress up soft ball questions.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

AgentF posted:

I still reinstall the game every 2 years or so. It was truly excellent.

That we never got a Generals 2 is the single greatest injustice of the 21st century.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

JBP posted:

I think he was going for a cool kicking out photo but was so high or generally off chops in other ways that he hosed up, which is weird since he needed to have some kind of life saving operation due to being a coke addict and has been clean for a long time as far as I know.

It's good that you refuted your own theory in your own post. Saves everyone else the trouble

Being high when you kick somone in the face does not mitigate the fact that you kicked someone in the face.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

bowmore posted:

so the net is no longer neutral

It was already full of nazis.

You Am I posted:

Fast and Furious series is hugely popular, yet also shite.

The gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

I've always held that the greatest thing the ADF could ever do to make Australia safer is to issue their soldiers with shovels, hammers and saws and teach them how to build infrastructure in our dirt poor neighbours.

Clean water, electricity, an international school of the air, directly improve the lives of everyone around us. A million different way, big and small, to do the right thing.

You know, being the good guys.

Instead we're perfectly content to let even our vassal states, like Nauru, rot and suffer :(

Wasn't the Roman army, aside from being one of the first professional armies in history, essentially a massive engineer corps? They already knew how to build poo poo (from building fortifications) and so setting them to build roads, aqueducts or other infrastructure was a piece of piss. Despite the Romans actually having a standing army, the only province that actually needed a year round garrison was Britain, because happy people don't need so much repressing.

• Locked thread