Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
IDK its a simple story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

I’m sorry to laugh at your misfortune but loving what?

In which we learn Hexyflexy is a top

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

In which we learn Hexyflexy is a top

Don't shag idiots - it's essentially the worst losing proposition.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Just found this Little Big video, and it seemed like it belongs here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBwtEQQ9qd0

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Soulex posted:

I’m sorry to laugh at your misfortune but loving what?

I think that deserves a better answer - yep I went out with a bloke who was such a "gamer" he'd kick the crap out of me if I beat him in anything. Slight problem there, I'm a mathematician, old demo and games programmer so I can pretty much knock over anyone in anything without trying very hard.

Ugh. Seriously, don't get into relationships with mental people.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So uh what’s going on, Iran? :suspense:

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Several days of riots. This will be interesting.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

From the guardian: '“Death to Khamenei” chants, in reference to the country’s supreme leader, featured in many demonstrations.' - I think the secularists might have got their confidence back.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I had an ex girlfriend who was weird about poo poo. Like I wonder “what if” because the signs were there. She would kick my injured leg (a sprained ankle was normal because I skated) or pluck my hair out of my head and then call my reactions really cute. Then hug me.

poo poo was loving. We had sex once, but we dated 8 months.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 31, 2017

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

People really don't like >9% inflation and Iranian imperialism in the Mideast has squandered a lot of the promised economic gains from the P5+1 deal thanks to new (and eminently deserved) sanctions.

I'd be hesitant to read anything further into it at the moment. It really doesn't scream "revolutionary" to me though, in the same way that you saw in Egypt and Syria.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Doesn't this happen during most Iranian elections? Obviously tainted elections go down, some groups protest, the usual assortment of Iranian ex-pats, chickenhawks, and people trying to sell missiles come out to denounce Iranian repression and call for US intervention in op-eds, everyone in power knows better, and things die down after a few days. But then we usually don't have a child at the helm.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Doesn't this happen during most Iranian elections? Obviously tainted elections go down, some groups protest, the usual assortment of Iranian ex-pats, chickenhawks, and people trying to sell missiles come out to denounce Iranian repression and call for US intervention, everyone in power knows better, and things die down after a few days. But then we usually don't have a child at the helm.

Pretty sure none of this has actually happened for this round of protests, and Rouhani was reelected back in May. This has almost nothing to do with the Green Revolution, where there were millions of protesters before they were shot, beaten, tortured, and generally successfully suppressed by the regime. Your description is pretty on the money for 2009 though.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Doesn't this happen during most Iranian elections? Obviously tainted elections go down, some groups protest, the usual assortment of Iranian ex-pats, chickenhawks, and people trying to sell missiles come out to denounce Iranian repression and call for US intervention in op-eds, everyone in power knows better, and things die down after a few days. But then we usually don't have a child at the helm.

I don't think so, it appears to be green movement 2.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

gently caress. I got so high I forgot.
Edit: you were trying to be funny and didn’t work

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Hexyflexy posted:

I don't think so, it appears to be green movement 2.

Well, they were yelling the Shah's name the other day so that makes me suspect the CIA is helping out but I could be wrong. I think the Kurds are coming out today to protest to protect civies from getting shot from the revolutionary guard

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Trump doing his best to doom the Iranian protest movement:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/947180713236934657

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/947453152806297600

That last one- what are we going to do about human rights violations? Bomb every nuclear reactor?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Trump thread in D&D is dead. Used to be the awful sidebars would only occur on slow news days but now even amidst huge news people are shrieking about how Elon Musk has accomplished nothing in his life, dropping a hundred posts about how people don’t need smartphones, and a literal schizophrenic is writing huge posts on Otherkins.

I would ask if there’s another thread to get live news on the Trumpening but maybe this is just a sign I should step back for a while.

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

That last one- what are we going to do about human rights violations? Bomb every nuclear reactor?

What an infuriatingly statement that is given our current support of human rights abuse in the Philippines.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 31, 2017

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Trump thread in D&D is dead. Used to be the awful sidebars would only occur on slow news days but now even amidst huge news people are shrieking about how Elon Musk has accomplished nothing in his life, dropping a hundred posts about how people don’t need smartphones, and a literal schizophrenic is writing huge posts on Otherkins.

I would ask if there’s another thread to get live news on the Trumpening but maybe this is just a sign I should step back for a while.

What an infuriatingly statement that is given our current support of human rights abuse in the Philippines.

There's a CSPAM trump thread but that gets like 1500 replies a day though

edit: the USA foreign policy has never been about human rights lol

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

meanwhile

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Stop reading the bad trump thread(s)

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I just come in here now for Trump news and current events. If it's important enough to possibly matter I'll see it here whereas that thread has purity circular firing squads ever other day.

Also watching nothing matters posters poo poo on the one or two people who actually take actions to meet their words is a bit infurating.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

I just come in here now for Trump news and current events. If it's important enough to possibly matter I'll see it here whereas that thread has purity circular firing squads ever other day.

Also watching nothing matters posters poo poo on the one or two people who actually take actions to meet their words is a bit infurating.

There’s really only three or four truly awful posters but they all have their fan bases so I’m sure the mods are reluctant to do anything about it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Well yeah poo poo posters are gonna be poo poo posters but the mods not actually taking care of the poo poo posting and the cheerleading is more of a problem.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Can someone please explain to me the poster who makes up her own terms like narrativist and compares everything to otherkins while expecting a armed coup any day? Like why are they taken seriously?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nuclear War posted:

Can someone please explain to me the poster who makes up her own terms like narrativist and compares everything to otherkins while expecting a armed coup any day? Like why are they taken seriously?

They are literally and admittedly schizophrenic. Why they’re taken seriously I don’t know - I don’t mean them ill will but it doesn’t seem healthy or funny for people to be encouraging expressions of their illness.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I assume we’re talking about Prester Jane?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

I assume we’re talking about Prester Jane?

That's the name yeah. Sorry. I didn't remember

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

mentally unstable poster with a laundry list of D&D credibility boosts plays miss cleo with mcdonalds wrappers, clips from the national enquirer, and defaced chick tract edits

half of D&D goes "wow, your extremely vague definition of Crazy rear end in a top hat People really helped me understand what's going on in the Trump White House", the other half goes "heh, you said there'd be armed resistance and Trump would have made a coup by now and they didn't, checkmate"

the best response to them showing up and Schizo Capital Word Posting everywhere was in the A/T Christianity thread, where everybody told them to go get help and that their experience with fundamentalists wasn't representative of everybody, also, get out and get help

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Okay, which thread is this now?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I’d rather take commentary from Chuck Tingle.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

3/4 of the threads in D&D get sidetracked by stuff like this:

quote:

They are, I have a gigantic theoretical framework that describes and predicts this exact behavior. It is my stance that Russia is intentionally creating what I call "Narrativism" (a particular form of constantly radicalizing extremist) within its own ranks in much the same way that the GOP did with the Southern Strategy. I would argue further that (much like with the GOP) this strategy will probably work for quite a while until control is lost of the Narrativists and they begin to lash out at whatever targets are available.

And then everybody piles in with something other than "yes, yes, fundamentalist christians and the GOP were the first to discover you can gain political power by lying to people, now take this seroquel". Naturally, the D&D moderators respond somewhere between "Stalin did nothing wrong" and posting sassy black women GIFs.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Nuclear War posted:

She's made predictions vaguer than Nostradamus and idiots without critical thinking skills lapped that poo poo up. Prestor Jane isn't a malicious poster, but the cheerleading from a subsection of D&D isn't good.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My evolution was initially curious to just stay away in 3 seconds.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Pounded in the butt by narrativist lies.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The only way to read the D&D Trump thread, and I mean The only way, is to just skim past all the posts and stop to read the new tweets. At least then you get the drift of the news cycle and you don’t have to touch the poop at all.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

They are literally and admittedly schizophrenic. Why they’re taken seriously I don’t know - I don’t mean them ill will but it doesn’t seem healthy or funny for people to be encouraging expressions of their illness.

Well basically,

redneck nazgul posted:

mentally unstable poster with a laundry list of D&D credibility boosts plays miss cleo with mcdonalds wrappers, clips from the national enquirer, and defaced chick tract edits

half of D&D goes "wow, your extremely vague definition of Crazy rear end in a top hat People really helped me understand what's going on in the Trump White House", the other half goes "heh, you said there'd be armed resistance and Trump would have made a coup by now and they didn't, checkmate"

the best response to them showing up and Schizo Capital Word Posting everywhere was in the A/T Christianity thread, where everybody told them to go get help and that their experience with fundamentalists wasn't representative of everybody, also, get out and get help

They supposedly have personal experiences with fundamentalist Christians and write long rear end dissertations using made up academic sounding words that tell D&Ders exactly what they want to hear. And D&Ders slobber over anything that sounds like it came from a philosophy department that tells them what they want to hear.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

redneck nazgul posted:

3/4 of the threads in D&D get sidetracked by stuff like this:

And then everybody piles in with something other than "yes, yes, fundamentalist christians and the GOP were the first to discover you can gain political power by lying to people, now take this seroquel". Naturally, the D&D moderators respond somewhere between "Stalin did nothing wrong" and posting sassy black women GIFs.

Dont forget how similar all this is to the civil war between otherkin communities

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Nuclear War posted:

Dont forget how similar all this is to the civil war between otherkin communities

The Otherkin Wars were really something else.

mlmp08 posted:

Pounded in the butt by narrativist lies.

Would read. The compaction cycle chapter might be too graphic though..

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
apparently there are 'multiple deputies down' in some Denver suburb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Current event: Vegas-like mass shooting likely avoided in Houston because the potential shooter got drunk the night before and wouldn't leave.

https://twitter.com/jacobkprc/status/947463645759451136

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 31, 2017

• Locked thread