Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

KildarX posted:

I've read some really, REALLY bad Military Fiction[It may be the entire genre is bad?] in my time, but I think Tom Clancy is either the best or the worst depending on if "I can't remember anything about these books except Jack Ryan is the ultimate patriot and there was a nuke at the super bowl" is good or bad.

Ralph Peters. Red Army. loving awesome book and I'll fight anyone who says different. So loving pissed I lost my copy and it's not on kindle/possible to find here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Smiling Jack posted:

Ralph Peters was pretty legit before his brain broke. All his novels are pretty good and extremely depressing.

Wait what happened to him? I only ever read the one book. I was told it was basically him making the case for increased spending on the Army

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Hypothetical: if the travel ban is extended to Bangladesh, will a European aid worker going back and forth from there have trouble entering the USA with my American wife and kid?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

butros posted:

I know European aid workers who travel to other countries on the list and they are having a hard time getting visas to enter the US so while IANAL etc probably.

Goddammit that makes sense I suppose. I shoulda stayed in Greece

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

The Bangladesh/Rohingya thing is insane. My boss in the org I'm working for is there now organising for us to move in and start doing medical work and her stories and pictures are insane. Refugee camps stretching way into the jungle and a noticeable lack of women and female children. Everyone of the women seem to have rape stories to tell too.

Actually if you're a doctor nurse or EMT feel free to PM me about volunteering opportunities. There's an insane need

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Can someone please explain to me the poster who makes up her own terms like narrativist and compares everything to otherkins while expecting a armed coup any day? Like why are they taken seriously?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I assume we’re talking about Prester Jane?

That's the name yeah. Sorry. I didn't remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

redneck nazgul posted:

3/4 of the threads in D&D get sidetracked by stuff like this:

And then everybody piles in with something other than "yes, yes, fundamentalist christians and the GOP were the first to discover you can gain political power by lying to people, now take this seroquel". Naturally, the D&D moderators respond somewhere between "Stalin did nothing wrong" and posting sassy black women GIFs.

Dont forget how similar all this is to the civil war between otherkin communities

• Locked thread