Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Tits are cool and if you don’t think so maybe you should play one of the literally hundreds of games that come out every year without this “problem.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Liquid Drink posted:

Proper representation matters. This is why games like The Last of Us and Horizon Zero Dawn are so drat important to me - games featuring female characters who aren’t just there to motivate the male player character, who aren’t sexualized, who aren’t treated as objects, and who aren’t violently discarded for a cheap emotional punch. We need more games like that from the AAA industry

Who decides what’s “proper?” You? The duly elected members of the Tumblr senate? Nobody in the AAA space gives a poo poo about this stuff because AAA games sell overwhelmingly to men who like shooting things in the face and tits. This is not going to change, so I really would encourage you to seek out content from small and mid level teams, rather than focusing on counting skirts vs dongs in unfathomably risky 50m+ investment vehicles with traditionally male audiences.

I will concede the tiniest point to you in saying that TLoU did diversity right, in that everything about it felt natural, and not like a shoehorned mandate from some uber woke rear end in a top hat in management.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
This is a masterfully well done troll thread and I fell for it.

• Locked thread