Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this is still one of my favorite games and a go to for when i have 15 minutes to kill. ive never played any randomized roguelike fake arcade game as tight as this, i will always be glad to pick it up and give a good run at the throne. there used to be a thread for this but i think it got archived...who else loves nuclear throne!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Also you should try out nuclear throne together, it’s really good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

awesome game i still fire up almost daily

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Pumprag posted:

Also you should try out nuclear throne together, it’s really good

I played that once, with Wormskull of all people believe it or not and it was really fun. He was profoundly wasted and I couldn't really communicate with him at all over the sound of bottles clinking and also because he was singing like, Flogging Molly songs really loud the whole time, but basically at the end of the day my point is 2 player Nuclear Throne is absolutely bad rear end, if not a bit hectic. But hell, that's why NT is good in the first place.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tfw you make it over the wall that is lil hunter

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Did the final update ever come out?

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

rediscover posted:

I played that once, with Wormskull of all people believe it or not and it was really fun. He was profoundly wasted and I couldn't really communicate with him at all over the sound of bottles clinking and also because he was singing like, Flogging Molly songs really loud the whole time, but basically at the end of the day my point is 2 player Nuclear Throne is absolutely bad rear end, if not a bit hectic. But hell, that's why NT is good in the first place.

lions and lambs, god is great

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

qnqnx posted:

Did the final update ever come out?

Yeah, they got the creator of NTT to rewrite a lot of the code apparently.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love Nuclear Throne and also play it all the time.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Pumprag posted:

that's cool. hope they paid yellowafterlife handsomely

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Still one of my all time favs

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i looped with everyone and got the solid snake/snake pliskin outfit so now i don't ahve to play nemore

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

i looped with everyone and got the solid snake/snake pliskin outfit so now i don't ahve to play nemore

The weekly is chicken with the energy sword and it's fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i still havent looped once but its a fun goal to reach for

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looping is so rewarding

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Pumprag posted:

lmao, but also really good.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

rediscover posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/UninterestedSpoopySkirretRlyTho

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

that is exactly what it was like. i'm pretty sure i streamed it but the vod is lost to time

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

drat that gun was sick.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Serious lmfao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I got this game in the IZ gift thread a while back and it’s pretty fun. The guy that made it is a oval office, though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmao

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I got this game in the IZ gift thread a while back and it’s pretty fun. The guy that made it is a oval office, though

what?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

idk anything about the devs, whats up w them

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If update 99 is out then I'm reinstalling this

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

extremebuff posted:

idk anything about the devs, whats up w them

Nothing in particular, just run-of-the-mill loudmouth cliquey indie dev Phil Fish bull crap. It’s been a while though so maybe he got better...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plus he has a gay northern european accent so you know he's a little bitch dev.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Nothing in particular, just run-of-the-mill loudmouth cliquey indie dev Phil Fish bull crap. It’s been a while though so maybe he got better...

I'm willing to forgive it because his games are fun more often than not

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

who gives a poo poo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

thank you for providing concrete details

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

everyone in scandinavia is a huge homo, including danes, icelanders, faroese islanders, and lapplanders

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

who gives a poo poo

this

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Wormskull posted:

Uninstalling as we speak

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Pretty sure Vlambeer is two dutch guys who are neither Phil Fish nor scandinavian

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Dutch are even worse lol.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pumprag posted:

Pretty sure Vlambeer is two dutch guys who are neither Phil Fish nor scandinavian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

lol

• Locked thread