Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Can confirm the dutch are p bad

Also Robot is the best character. Eat guns for ammo and health and gets a good Ultra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

robot is all i play since im a big coward

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I generally only use YV for the faster firing rate and praying I get a good Throne butt weapon combo that can one shot bosses

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

All the characters are good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Apparently they added an underwater level in the last update. Did not expect that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The work one alternate underwater level has been in the game for years

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

everyone in scandinavia is a huge homo, including danes, icelanders, faroese islanders, and lapplanders

Except for Ragg.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

The work one alternate underwater level has been in the game for years
Wow. I've literally never run into it. I had no idea.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

its a great secret and that level has some of the best music, done by danny b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1amUWgmNLDA

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Except for Ragg.

true

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

you get it by quickly grabbing the two treasure chests w/o killing nething on 1-1 which spawns big bandit then u have to kill him real fast. it's bad tho becasue even tho you get warped to 3-1 or whatever the game difficulty is considered to be 1-2 so your weapon spawns are like 4 levels behind what you'd normally get

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah I guess it's good for speed running but I always felt heavily gimped by the lower "difficulty" you get. Does going through a portal gate count as going to an extra level for difficulty/weapon quality?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Yeah I guess it's good for speed running but I always felt heavily gimped by the lower "difficulty" you get. Does going through a portal gate count as going to an extra level for difficulty/weapon quality?

I dont think so, except for the stage 1 warp. Like the normal alternate stages like lvs pad and cursed crystal caves replace a level intead of skipping 4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Does the game keep track of your progress over different runs?
I've beaten Little Hunter, and now I get a lot more Shielders and Veteran Policemen spawns when I'm opening the crown portal.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pumprag posted:

Does the game keep track of your progress over different runs?
I've beaten Little Hunter, and now I get a lot more Shielders and Veteran Policemen spawns when I'm opening the crown portal.

nah. you have a low chance of running into advanced cops, or you mightve done something that affected the difficulty, but the game doesn't change no matter how far you get

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I keep getting owned in Cursed Caves.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

In Training posted:

I keep getting owned in Cursed Caves.

Yeah, they're hard. I just can't get past the lab lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pumprag posted:

Yeah, they're hard. I just can't get past the lab lol.

at this point chances are if i can get past 5-3 im probably reaching the throne. but now that i have crowns on all the chars i like to play from looping i get hosed up by 4-?, its a rough level.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Plus he has a gay northern european accent so you know he's a little bitch dev.

He probably wants his soy.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I had some fun with mods because I suck at the game but they're all for really old versions and therefore lack content, shame

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played a bunch of Nuclear Throne Together today and it's loving awesome

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Yeah NTT looks nice.

Personally I have problems looping more than once. I just want to permanently unlock Crown of Blood I don't really care about anything else. You'd think after 65 hours you'd figure out how but for now the furthest I've gotten is L1 3-2. Visually separating the bullets from everything else gets difficult.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think I'll ever loop twice it's just complete visual noise at some point

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i've made it to 7-1 loop 1 a couple times but then i get killed by a billion dogs and the teleporting police who have swords

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
would be cool if someone would play it with me... even though i suck hard at it...

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Yobgoblin posted:

would be cool if someone would play it with me... even though i suck hard at it...

Maybe you and lowtax could nod off sometime and play it for gaming garbage

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Liquid Drink posted:

Maybe you and lowtax could nod off sometime and play it for gaming garbage

ksuc to kit.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I committed a gamer sin by having this in inventory and never playing it but I'm fixing it now b/c I saw this thread and this game is really good + hard. Clueless about what to pick but I'm having fun with melee + some sort of mg on fish or blowing up bodies with zombie guy

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Basically start with things that are generally usable and pick more specific things at higher levels. Stuff that improves survivability, increases ammo drops etc. often have higher priority than weapon upgrades

If rng lets you of course. And it also doesn't fly when you're playing the weekly since you can plan everything out

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I accidentally read the requirements to get a secret character and I have no idea how you would stumble upon that by yourself.

Getting the frog by placing the frog gun in a chest and getting a golden frog gun by using another character in a different run, WOT.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Current weekly is plant with the seeker shotgun and crown of blood. The twist seems to be that most guns that drop are not that good. If you skip a few red chests, 6-2 can have a big chest with a super splinter gun.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
The struggle is over after 90 hours.

This was a really good game, but I think I'm done beyond getting big loops.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've got this in my library and couldn't get into it at first. now that i have a controller i might give it another shot.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the furthest I've ever gotten is big dog on loop and im happy with that. also I pretty much only play YT out of habit

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Except for Ragg.

Ty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this happened just after i killed lil hunter for the first time in forever
https://clips.twitch.tv/ElatedStupidTireKAPOW