Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

extremebuff posted:

this happened just after i killed lil hunter for the first time in forever
https://clips.twitch.tv/ElatedStupidTireKAPOW

also this happened
https://clips.twitch.tv/SpineyObservantHamburgerPMSTwin

lmao 'Oh'

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Please play the weekly this week...it's loving awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Love this indie treasure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's one of the only non-mapgame non-fighting game games I keep permanently installed. This and Koi Koi Hanafuda.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Gimme this on Switch now that Gamemaker can export to it 🙏🙏

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i've died on 3-1 on the past 3 dailies instead of looping and i'm getting po'd

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i've died on 3-1 on the past 3 dailies instead of looping and i'm getting po'd

I died on 5-1 on this one because I shot a grenade shotgun without angling it far enough awa from a wall and instagibbed myself.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Just bought this game and it's great!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I died on 5-1 on this one because I shot a grenade shotgun without angling it far enough awa from a wall and instagibbed myself.
I never try late-game explosive weapons without Boiling Veins. They get way too powerful and it's too risky.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I almost always take boiling veins because instant kill explosions are infuriating

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

boiling veins is a must, not dying to stray explosions is huge

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

boiling veins is trash. well, its not trash like shotgun shoulders and recycle gland but there's definitely at least 10 mutations you should take before it unless you're melting/found a cursed hyper launcher in 5-1 and the next level up you get is conveniently boiling veins

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Recycle gland is pretty cool with lucky shot

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
yeah recycle gland is only for when you wanna mess around with like a double minigun or something

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Recycle gland is pretty cool with lucky shot

it sux becasue bullet guns are trash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the hyper rifle

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Have the devs dropped this game now? Game Maker now being able to export to Switch is giving me high hopes for the perfect game on the perfect console

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The two guys who made this haven't really touched it in a while and one of them has been flying around the world finding himself or something for 2 years now somwho knows if they'll ever make another game

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

In Training posted:

I like the hyper rifle

Same, I got the furthest I;ve ever been with it and using the frog guy. Then I swapped it with a purple outlined energy weapon and I couldnt drop it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fargield posted:

the frog guy
?

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Uh I mean fish

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

In Training posted:

The two guys who made this haven't really touched it in a while and one of them has been flying around the world finding himself or something for 2 years now somwho knows if they'll ever make another game

The one guy, who isn’t the Egyptian made minit recently but yeah I don’t think they are going to work on this game anymore. They spent like four years on it lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's also a frog

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fargield posted:

Same, I got the furthest I;ve ever been with it and using the frog guy. Then I swapped it with a purple outlined energy weapon and I couldnt drop it

Yeah you can't drop cursed weapons, there's a few ways to uncutse them but if you see a purple weapon you gotta be ready to use it for most of your run. Heavy commitment

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
To uncurse a weapon, just fill a portal with rads and destroy it, then go through the green portal.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

There's also a frog
Which character is a frog?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Which character is a frog?

If you defeat Mom (looping sewers boss) with a golden weapon she drops a Frog Pistol, then you need to store it in a proto chest in a crown vault, then pick it up on another run and it will have become the Golden Frog Pistol. If you keep this till you die whatever character you were using turns into Frog, who is one of those chubby sewers guys who explode into bullets when you kill them. He can shoot poison everywhere but also is constantly moving, you tap directions to make him go like pac man

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

If you defeat Mom (looping sewers boss) with a golden weapon she drops a Frog Pistol, then you need to store it in a proto chest in a crown vault, then pick it up on another run and it will have become the Golden Frog Pistol. If you keep this till you die whatever character you were using turns into Frog, who is one of those chubby sewers guys who explode into bullets when you kill them. He can shoot poison everywhere but also is constantly moving, you tap directions to make him go like pac man
:psyduck:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's another secret character but you can't start as them and they also suck so I've only ever played them in nuclear throne together which lets you select from the entire cast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish this was on switch. I have the vita version but it kinda runs like crap and I believe it didn't receive a few patches that PC got.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I wish this was on switch. I have the vita version but it kinda runs like crap and I believe it didn't receive a few patches that PC got.

Yeah Vita version is even worse than the PS4 version which still has a tendency to bug out and crash the moment you loving kill the throne during its death explosion the ONLY loving time you ever managed to do it. Not salty :)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

made it to the L2 for the first time just barely :worship:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy poo poo that's badass. I still have never made it past 1-3 L1 i always get annihilated by the police vans

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm going to cry if i don't get to keep the loop crown i had [the one that gives you hp from weapons instead of ammo becasue i'm scared..]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You need to beat Throne II I think to stash the crown

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Holy poo poo that's badass. I still have never made it past 1-3 L1 i always get annihilated by the police vans

I made it to the sewers once and killed the boss. That's enough to feel good about myself

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I made it to the ice level on loop once. I dont even remember what the crystal cave boss was because i was playing YV with the super alt fire build and the game was just a huge screen of explosions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=311tSlzZ8bc

• Locked thread