Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Would be too much to ask for the Georgia Rivals board to just be happy and enjoy the win right? Yep. Let’s complain about WR blocking.

My eyes can’t roll hard enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Ah yes that time of year where I get to hear that Florida fans are truly gods gift to the planet and not as bad as everyone they point fingers at.

Keep going. I’m so close.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

LeeMajors posted:

I actually pointed out UF fan base as awful so

I’ll give you that. Misread your post in passing.

Unfortunately at the drat hospital. My family has got to stop hurting themselves.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Well that certainly escalated quickly

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Georgia's not gonna win. Anyone else in this dumb playoff can win but Georgia's not gonna win.

Probably should go ahead and forfeit.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
But, but, but he just beat the poo poo out of a woman, he didn't rape her!

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Smart Football blog?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Re: seats. My season tickets at Sanford are in the endzone in the 300s, and I love them. We've been given the option to move to the sidelines, and I turn it down each time.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

SmellsLikeToast posted:

If you get the chance to get in the 200's, take it. But be ready to be among a bunch of old guard class of 60-70 something alumni who look at you funny if you do things like cheer or stand up.

Grandmother in law is right below us in the 200s and they are indeed pretty good. I'd make the move, but I don't think we have enough points yet to make the move. I've only had an account since I graduated ~5 years ago

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

PostNouveau posted:

Somebody launched a write-in effort like a week before the election. I forget his name, but he got a little burst of press from it. He'll probably have the most write-ins.

You mean the other state senator two days before the election?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

LLCoolJD posted:

Your own link reveals they were stopped for speeding. It's really unhelpful, at best, to resort immediately to "driving while black" when a speeding vehicle driving in the night time happens to have a black driver in a state where an entire 1/3 of the population is black.

It looks like a constructive possession case that was too weak to prosecute. :shrug: So, good result I guess. I agree that marijuana should be legalized. I have a similar problem with underage alcohol investigations being conducted when there are unsolved felony cases lingering in our communities. That ends my soapbox.

Maybe not for the initial pullover, but you really think a white dude speeding at night in Georgia is going to get his car searched for drugs?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Sten Freak posted:

Hell yes GA cops will look for weed if they smell it and arrest you if they find so much as a roach.

So this guy is speeding, the car smells like weed, and presumably they ran him and found his previous two arrests. Of course they search his car and arrest him.

The article above doesn't say anything about the car smelling. And certainly an amount that small wouldn't smell that strongly.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

I hadn’t seen that but it definitely changes things if true. Who the gently caress smokes out of a bottle in the car tho. Smdh

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Sash! posted:

The four people sitting in the car parked in front my neighbor's house as we speak.

I mean literally right now this second. They're out there every day.

We always did the joint + cig combo in the car. Lol at smoking in the parking lot though. Seems like a super easy way to get called on.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

The Notorious ZSB posted:

The bottle rig is def a ghetto rig, same with the holes punched in a soda can plan.

And yeah I don't get the smoking in a parking lot in a public space, but the dudes that visit my rec center do it ALL THE TIME.

2 liter bottles are good for gravity bongs tbf

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Truth. A good 32 oz Gatorade bottle makes a strong waterfall as well.

I don't know that I'd quantify either as a bottle rig though, I think of a bottle rig as one you smoke horizontally not vertically.

Agreed.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
In beautiful, *checks map* Pasadena, California. 😎

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Lyle, the champion of life, boys. Look and behold

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
They will be worse next year but having the #1 recruiting class with good linemen will soften the blow over the next couple of years.

Edit: national championship tickets are now over 3k.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Cancel everything and just assign schedules with a random number generator. Then do it again for all teams over .500 for the bowls.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Georgia is actually the worst team in the NCAA. They scrapped by all season with all three phases of the game horse poo poo.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

CharlestheHammer posted:

Auburn also beat Georgia or does that not count

Did the game in Atlanta count to you out of curiosity?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean yeah but if you want to use pure point differential you got to use both games.

I am not saying UCF is like obviously better but that they have a strong case to and their win lose is comparable to any of the teams in the playoffs. This is not a Hawaii thing no matter how they pretend.

Sure. Both games of course count. They both beat auburn in Atlanta. So UCF at Jordan Hare?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
When will conference membership stuff spin back up again?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
What other teams now have titles in the BCS-on era? Boise has what, 1 or 2 from the end of last decade?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Joey Freshwater posted:

Well that's dumb. They keep touting it as the first NC halftime show. If it's not in the stadium it's just a concert outside the stadium while the bands perform inside at halftime.

Yeah I thought it was halftime as well.

Is there a website you can query seasons for things like undefeated records?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

iospace posted:

That's loving dumb.

Give me the bands.

A bad take. Gimme k dot

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

a neat cape posted:

Even the ones on the Nebraska staff?

Yep

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Kentucky claims a title from the 1950 season based on Sagarin rankings or something similar of previous years. They went 10-1 and beat OU in the Sugar Bowl ending their long winning streak, but the AP didn't vote again after bowl games so Oklahoma was already crowned champion.

UK also won the NCAA tournament in the 50-51 season. They gave Rupp a Cadillac. They gave Bear Bryant a watch. God dammit Kentucky could you not have ponied up for a car for the Bear too? Is that why we are cursed? Is Bear Bryant's watch our billy goat?

Do the 6 titles they give Bear credit for count that UK title? If not, Nick is 2 behind right?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-much-is-your-college-football-team-worth-1506000030?mod=e2fb

Ohio State, Texas, and Oklahoma all valued at over $1.5 billion.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Chump Farts posted:

UCF are champions, Georgia can take an asterisk, gently caress Alabama

If the NCAA ignores what UCF is doing, then I think it will exist only for goons to troll UGA/Bama fans, etc. The official record will almost certainly be the playoff winner, with UCF maybe added as a note.

I couldn't care less about what UCF does, and think it's a beautiful troll to the system, which will likely be expanded to 8 teams sometime soon after this year. I've watched enough UGA football over my life that they couldn't ruin it for me making it this far.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jan 5, 2018

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

iospace posted:

The NCAA doesn't actually sanction the playoff.

It never even sanctioned the BCS.

I thought that changed with the playoff system introduction. Huh, never knew

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

MourningView posted:

An improvement on what they were doing before? They've never awarded titles at the DI-A/FBS level, it's not something unique to the current system

Out of curiosity, why has the NCAA never awarded titles for football? Like, what is the difference between March Madness and the College Football Playoff? The number of teams? The way the teams are selected? Are there rules the NCAA would mandate on schools that they don't want to follow?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Just booked tickets to Atlanta. Can't wait to spend this cash for a crushing Bama defeat

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Chump Farts posted:

best decision I ever made was not going anywhere near the 2015 semifinal

worst was not taking days off to go to the 2014 rose bowl

Wife went to the Rose Bowl this year and obviously had a great time given the outcome.

Trying to decide how much I’ll spend on tickets to the game without feeling nauseous. I could always go party in Athens and watch the game.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Joey Freshwater posted:

Idk I want to think it’s funny because I think the UCF thing is hilarious but this just seems like a “me too!!!” kind of thing

You know Tennessee fans would be giving the same reaction as your Bama and UGA friends. Your posts read like “Tennessee fans wouldn’t do this!” And that’s what I find really funny.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Joey Freshwater posted:

lol no. It has nothing to do with it being 98. If i was I’d point out how Tennessee was undefeated too so it doesn’t matter anyway. Like I said I find the UCF stuff funny. It really does come off as them seeing the attention UCF was getting and latching on. They had 19 years to do this and they do it after UCF does. If anything I’m more bothered by it for UCF’s sake.

But whatever you say buddy.

e: can’t speak for Tennessee fans in general. I’m sure the ones that were convinced Gruden was coming would probably wig out, those guys are idiots. I personally wouldn’t give a poo poo.

e2: I looked at a couple UT boards and don’t see anyone talking about it so it either hasn’t gotten traction yet or no one cares :shrug:

I was referring to Tennessee being involved this year as Bama or UGA not 1998. Worded that weird

Edit: It blows my mind how variable ticket prices are for this poo poo.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Lyle

What a guy

• Locked thread