Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
My gut is telling me that Ohio State gets in. The nation watched Jalen Hurts' inability to complete forward passes and hasn't forgotten about it. I suspect that the committee will also want to rebut Gary Danielson's endless pro-SEC pitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Clemson + Georgia, I would guess. Thank God that's not an issue this year.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

My fiancee is an Ohio State alum but I'm rooting against them, even though I have no real college football allegiance. Does this mean our marriage is doomed? :ohdear:

You need to know that, no matter where she is, she'll demand that the nearest restaurant/bar change the channel to the one showing the Buckeyes game.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

That current ADs and former coaches are allowed on the committee is hilarious.

Don't know who would be on it, but :laffo:

Put Spurrier in there. Georgia would be left out and Duke would get a vote.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

So Bama is #4 in the AP Poll and Coaches Poll...

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Ignores the fact that they single-handedly broke the 2017 FSU Seminoles, who were top 3 at the time.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

Seems like a pretty strong case of driving while black. Open and shut, good work Officer Smith.

E: Looks like charges dropped: https://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-Bulldogs-Football-Marijuana-charges-dropped-against-UGA-LB-Natrez-Patrick-per-ESPN-112260271

Your own link reveals they were stopped for speeding. It's really unhelpful, at best, to resort immediately to "driving while black" when a speeding vehicle driving in the night time happens to have a black driver in a state where an entire 1/3 of the population is black.

It looks like a constructive possession case that was too weak to prosecute. :shrug: So, good result I guess. I agree that marijuana should be legalized. I have a similar problem with underage alcohol investigations being conducted when there are unsolved felony cases lingering in our communities. That ends my soapbox.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I'm eager to see whether or not Saban puts in Tua if Clemson bottles up Jalen Hurts. I bet he won't.

Henchman of Santa posted:

It’s time to start the discussion: is the 2017 Big Ten the greatest conference in college football history?

They've had a very, very good bowl season, but keep in mind that every Big Ten team is bumped up in quality over its opponents because Ohio State did not make the playoff.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Randaconda posted:

Somebody was not impressed, apparently. :shrug:

Looks like King from PS1 Tekken. Don't take that as a slight.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845269

Rose Bowl thread.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

It was just me being pissed about Bama getting infinite benefit of the doubt when they don’t even win their division. Nothing major, but I’m sure it was annoying.

Look on the bright side, we might see Georgia get slowly smothered to death.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

They lost early, they beat the team that beat UGA, and they beat a very good Miami very, very badly in the ACCCG, you couldn't ignore them.

They were still a good team, just decidedly a step back offensively from last year and plus they pissed off Saban and that's not good for anyone's short-term outlook.

This is a good assessment.

Does it make me a bad person to be rooting for a "defensive struggle" in this all-SEC title game? :laugh: I just want to witness the outrage it would produce.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

This may be met with skepticism, but Auburn playing at night in Jordan-Hare Stadium is a completely different team. Anyone familiar with the SEC knows that. Florida's championship team in 2006 lost there, and the 2001 Florida team's shot at the title was smashed there, too. Throw in their RB, Johnson, getting injured and it's a way less dangerous team. So hats off to UCF for a great season, but you're deluded if you think they're better than Alabama or Ohio State. They're not.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

MourningView posted:

Bama's best win prior to Monday was, what, LSU?

They broke Florida State.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

MourningView posted:

That team had way more problems than just QB

True, but it's never good when you have to rely on a backup QB that makes Manute Bol look chubby.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

I figured, except maybe Florida and Tech fans, folks would pull a bit more for UGA just due to Alabama fatigue but now the world is pulling for UCF.

Pulling for Bama to win 24-6. I don't want UGA to dominate the SEC East for the next 15 years.

an adult beverage posted:

First of all, how dare you?

Agreed. Who are these supposed fans of the Gators?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Scionix posted:

lol @ all the shook rear end Florida fans rooting for Georgia

Meh, there's nothing helpful to Florida in a Georgia victory tonight.

It seems like only yesterday that Bama fans were cautiously optimistic about Shula. :sigh: But at least Bama being great under Saban is undeniable. I just don't want Saban success herpes spreading to Georgia.

• Locked thread