Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I am legit amazed we made the Fiesta Bowl and it's a good matchup to boot, I'm pumped

gently caress Alabama tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Maybe we'll finally get a chance to snap our losing streak in Tempe with Herm as the coach

Ah who am I kidding, we'll still find a way to poo poo the bed as always or he'll get fired first

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Tigers are really beautiful creatures :3:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

G-Hawk posted:

oregon blew my pool win a couple years ago when they imploded at the alamo bowl

gently caress the alamo bowl!!

but seriously, 2 years ago TCU played #15 in the Alamo bowl and well https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/28/16818260/tcu-oregon-alamo-bowl-2015

This game owned and was probably the harbinger for the end of Helfrich's tenure

It's also why I try to check GDTs even if a game is a snoozer to start, I wouldn't have tuned in after the first half if I hadn't gotten wind of a comeback

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just got in a moderate disagreement with my dad about how conference solidarity is dumb. I even get it in basketball because NCAA tournament bids but it really means almost gently caress all in football. And all I said was I wasn't gonna lose sleep over how the ACC was doing by and large!

Dads, everyone.

My dad claims he can't watch football in part anymore because he hates it when DBs commit PI intentionally to prevent what would otherwise be a guaranteed TD - in his eyes it's cheating. I mean at least it's that instead of other more political reasons, but yeah, dads :psyduck:

I mean I get that there's a reason why it's a penalty and why it's a smart play at the same time but I don't think I'd go so far as to call it cheating per se

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
To be fair I think that's kind of a cover excuse since he knows I love football and probably doesn't want to hurt my feelings

It still sucks not being able to really enjoy sitting down with him to watch a game from start to finish though

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
UCF should claim a natty tbh and I for one support their efforts, and on top of that I feel better going into next season knowing Auburn has a losing streak in Atlanta

Also while Section 80 is good it's nowhere near GKMC and drat imo

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I still can't believe they used to vote on the national champion before the bowl games were even played, no wonder like 5 different teams claim championships every year during that era.

Hell, Washington claims 1960 for the same reason, voting on the national champ was done before the Rose Bowl was played but we beat #1 Minnesota so that clearly means we were the real national champs. I know this mostly because the dedication of the claim was done the first football game I went to during my freshman year. The team wore throwback unis to commemorate it and gently caress those things were good-looking, still mad to this day I didn't get one - although it probably would've been a #10 for Jake Locker :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Dubs is retiring as our live mascot

Godspeed you beautiful doggo

• Locked thread