Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

I mean if they hadn't pissed around against Wazzu they'd be in easily and there'd be no OSU/Bama debate whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

No way Bama gets in over OSU. OSU is a cleaner less messy route for the committee, and they still get big time money.

Counterpoint: OSU got in last year on the same basic logic and got boatraced by Clemson for a super boring game (yes seeing OSU get boatraced is fun but they want awesome games) and Clemson is going to be the 1 which means they can do the Bama rubber match not rear end Whooping v2.0.

The other game is already going to be UGA vs OU, the committee is simply sitting down to decide who plays Clemson.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

If UCF gets paired against any decent competition in their bowl game they will be ripe for an upset. I'm sure Frost cares a shitload about the team and players but the reality is this next month is about to be a complete living hell for him from preparing for the bowl to the media to finding his NU staff to calling NU recruits to just preparing to uproot his life and move halfway across the country.

If they were put in the CFP Clemson would loving destroy them, even more than if Frost wasn't changing jobs.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Why is literally anyone but Bama fans happy about this?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

In terms of football it's the right choice but goddamn.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

If we have to suffer Scionix telling us to ‘kisstharingz’ for another offseason after losing his division, I’m gonna lose it.

Bama will be lucky to have 200 yards of total offense against Clemson.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There's a difference between acknowledging it's the right choice and celebrating it, dude.

+ People hate OSU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

yeesh

https://twitter.com/dannykanell/status/937376546196742144

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

Oklahoma is my only save grace in this playoff. gently caress everyone else.

Big time. I'd love to see Mayfield sling his way to a title.

I'll be honest, JFF rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't despise him but seeing him lose was fun. Mayfield does a lot of the same poo poo but I guess I like the cut of his jib and give him a pass. I guess that makes me a hypocrite but something about flag planting at midfield and grabbing nuts at the other team makes me want to see him hoist the Heisman and crystal football (or w/e the trophy is now).

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

UGA and Clemson's fanbases were identical until last year because it was two groups of people huffing fumes on the success of what happened 30 years ago. Bama is Bama. OU isn't even in the same stratosphere as the other three.

e: UGA and Clemson fans were mostly just self-hating, which is an A+ fanbase quality.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

A lot of OU fans, especially ones around here, are real cool.

But good lord some of their fanbase is like Bamer West

Yea, I mean there's obviously going to be some of that but just nationally I don't see nearly as much of it as the other three. I'm sure being in their conference brings you closer to the insanity.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

We have Okie State, we're going to lose by 55.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Oh god, people are trying to call it the "HokiePokey" bowl :cry:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Please lord let some recruit's brother hide in the corner and Snapchat a visit from Herm.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

MourningView posted:

Mayfield is going to win with a historic landslide but I’m pleasantly surprised Love is there over Barkley and especially that Jackson made it. Jackson was as good or better this year as he was last and it felt like no one talked about him at all once it became clear the team wasn’t that great.

I feel like I frequently heard about Jackson but it was about as much as you said and for the reasons you said. Crazy year, lovely team, just super difficult to get a Heisman with that combo.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

:lol:ing so hard at "put these jeans on his legs"

Not in two-thousand-loving-three they weren't.

2003 Oklahoma was 1998 most other places.

My parents put a halt to any notion of JNCO's entering the house early and thank god almighty they did.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

MourningView posted:

Lewan was never punished at all and they didn’t expel Gibbons until after he had used up his eligibility

They let him graduate, that's the heinous part. He raped a girl, they paid him to go to their school, then gave him a diploma and accepted him for grad work.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Which I think was the event that led to Brian from Mgoblog talking about how he punched a kid during a soccer game which lmao

what

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Noted UF grad and former Congresswoman Corrine Brown is going to federal prison for inventing a fake charity and pocketing the donations.

GO GATA

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

MourningView posted:

This is the standard of proof for determining whether or not he receives criminal punishment, it doesn’t also need to be the standard for determining if he should face a suspension from the football team.

Yea, the simple solution is an indefinite suspension now and depending on how things turn out you either invite him back or remove him from the team.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

Pulling this from a couple pages late, but baggy pants were definitely the style in 2003. I mean look at this picture of the 2003 NBA draft. Every single guy is wearing a suit with super baggy pants.

"Sir, would you like a tailored suit that best shows off your incredible physique and unique athleticism?"

"Nah, just gimme the same thing they buried Andre the Giant in."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Ungratek posted:

Virginia-Georgia is the kickoff that year in what should be a hilarious blowout and one of the best days of my fandom

That's either going to be a bad opening week for your new coach or the sign your fanbase knows the Bronco era is truly over.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Can somebody buy this guy an account? I'm not sure how TFF has existed for so long without its patron saint.

Always admire crazy from a distance.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Holy poo poo what a throw and catch.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

This year is the last year my city will host the Stagg Bowl (25th time) as the NCAA no longer wants any city to keep a grip on events anymore for any sports and is all about constantly shuffling them around now.

In fitting fashion, Mount Union overcame a 25 point 2nd half deficit and made it back. This is their 20th appearance in the last 25 years and their first win came in the first year my city hosted the Stagg and I have memories of 10 year old me freezing in the snow to watch it.

Going to be bittersweet, it's been such a fun thing to go to and the fans for these games treat it as seriously as any FBS fan does their title game.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Save us, Kim Jong-Un.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Army is 9-3 and has a win streak against Navy :stare:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Flutie looks like he's preparing for an off-Broadway production of Glengarry Glen Ross.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Once a year or so my dad and I pick a gimme game for VT and sit in the south EZ (NEZ where the students sit suck but SEZ is really nice) and watch. I go there specifically to watch the D. It's not as fun if you aren't a football dork because we're all so programmed to only follow the ball but if you can break away from that it can help you see things better and help your understanding of the game.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

PAWWWWWWL ROY MOORE DIDN'T PLAY NOBODY

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I really want to know how many write-in votes Saban got. Jones won by about 19,000 and I really want Saban to have been the difference.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 13, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I absolutely think you could gaslight Harbaugh into believing Santa is real.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Pakled posted:

If he wasn't black, I think it's extremely unlikely they would have searched his car at all, much less thoroughly enough to find that tiny amount of weed.

Even more than the search, being black is why he got arrested. That arrest couldn't be more petty if it tried.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

We were a freak TD catch from a 5-0 final in the Stagg Bowl. So close.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

15 minutes into bowl season and we got a swinging gate :allears:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

N: Kiffin just said the reason he went for 2 being up 31 is because an Akron athletics official talked poo poo to him.

V: Owns

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

If you read the post at the bottom it basically says if anything came of this (it won't) FSU just has to apply for a waiver from the NCAA and it seems highly likely it'll be granted, especially this close to the game.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

The Bahamas Bowl is anarchy and it owns.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/7lj7wz/i_am_currently_at_the_bahamas_bowl_and_im_here_to/?st=jbivmx6o&sh=bb6ee8a8

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Given how far behind the rest of the world I normally consider Nebraska to be that isn't so bad.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Every time I watch a USC game, Darnold has some stupid-rear end turnover. It's super obvious NFL defenses are going to eat him alive. He might have a lot of physical upsides, but you can't train "doofus" out of someone. He'll always be a doofus.

He's gonna go before Lamar Jackson if he goes this year, which is nuts. I hope it's not my team that makes that huge mistake.

I can't help but think he's destined to bust. Maybe he'll mature mentally later, he is still very young.

Also signing him has all the hallmarks of a Dan Snyder fuckup written all over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

seiferguy posted:

That's such a weird thing to be held up on, especially considering its pretty rare it ends up happening.

It happens constantly in the NFL and is appropriately penalized but college DBs are rarely smart enough to do this, although a Wisconsin DB did it tonight.

Weird reason not to watch a sport, though.

• Locked thread