Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Clemson boatraced OSU last year and would boatrace OSU or Bama this year so it doesn't matter all that much imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

It's going to be a question of how much weight the committee places on getting beat by a combined 50 points in 2 losses, which I don't really think they'll put too much on that. They already said last week that Bama and OSU were basically even, so I think OSU is in.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

MourningView posted:

They have said in the past they care about wins much more than losses but they’re also not all that consistent about anything.

This would be the perfect year to pretend that the G5 actually has a chance but alas

Right. I think they're in a tough spot because their methods point to OSU but putting in a team that lost by 31 to a 7-5 team is a hard pill to swallow for a lot of people.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Mahoning posted:

Ehh 2014 OSU got their asses handed to them by a 6-6 Va Tech team IN COLUMBUS. It was obviously the right move putting them in then.

They lost by 14 in a one loss season where they won the conference 59-0, definitely the same thing as losing by 31 in a two loss season where they won the conference by 6

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

It should be USC at 4 since they won their conference and their two losses weren’t blowouts against 7-5 teams. They’ve got ups on Bama and OSU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I see Bama won the privilege of getting whooped by Clemson

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

The SEC was propped up all year by this committee.

Hey can you tell me real quick how many ranked OOC wins the big ten had this year

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Wherein we pretend that the bottom 3/4ths of the SEC wasn't a loving flaming pile of garbage.

Where did I do that? I’ve posted that the SEC sucks rear end in this forum like ten times this season. If the SEC was propped up this year, I want to see how the big ten wasn’t.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I really need to know who’s in the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Now to wait until it’s over and get a shirt

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Dilber posted:

I live 15 minutes from there. Gonna get a ticket

:hellyeah:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Oh sorry, I'm sure Jim Harbaugh being an idiot on twitter is much more serious than MSU football raping a ton of people while the university covered for a pedophile and no one was punished at all. Let's get back to the Penn State jokes ASAP

*jingles so many keys at you*

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Hershel Walker Cuyler Them Dawgs is Hell Don't They, I name you the GENUINE number one raper hater

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Bama finally won in the sugar bowl and threw a TD to its nose tackle, I’m very happy with this bowl season already

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

please note that that pass had the most hilarious blocking of all time which may/may not have been legal due to colleges horrible downfield rules and it was made even better by said block

Absolutely, it almost seemed like a statement from Saban to run a pick play there, considering that Clemson won last year with one.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I think it’s kind of cool that firing Richt worked out for both UGA and Miami, purely because of how unlikely that outcome seemed.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

It looks like they are cuddling :3:

It’s like one of those fear factory haunted house photos

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

It was just me being pissed about Bama getting infinite benefit of the doubt when they don’t even win their division. Nothing major, but I’m sure it was annoying.

We all have our meltdowns from time to time, bud. It’s been a rough year.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The RPO has played a major factor in pretty much every notable Bama loss in the last 5 years, so it’s not unsurprising that Saban is going to use it himself.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Just scrap the ineligible man downfield penalty. There's no need for it anymore.

If you want an image of the future, imagine a 320 pound offensive tackle blocking a free safety on play action post routes forever

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Korranus posted:

It's a gateway drug that leads to 2 and 3-QB A-11 formations, next thing you know guys are flipping through the air doing Johnny Rico poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn_EiAzW2uQ&t=114s

I’d be down for that, minus the fascism

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

lol if you think we're not already there.

We’re not QUITE to “service guarantees citizenship,” but give it about a year and a half

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Korranus posted:

That was also back when Oregon was a new and exciting thing and was supposed to complete their rise to the top

And it was the beginning of OSU’s resurgence since hiring Meyer, marking the beginning of a new dynasty in cfb. Just a huge ratings game all around.

And it had the teensy factor of being the first ever playoff championship game.

EDIT gently caress YOU GENERAL DOG YOU SON OF A BITCH

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

You realize plenty of sane, successful, thriving countries have mandatory conscription, right?

Yeah, you’re right, I’m probably reading way too far into it and Verhoeven just wanted to make a plain ol sci fi movie.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I thought that was jersey numbers? As long as the OL is on the LOS, who cares if the WRs are on/off?

Formation can affect it, which is why tackle-eligible trick plays are a thing. I think they have to declare as eligible before the play though?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

VT got called on an illegible man in one of the later games of the season on a 2 point conversion. I was shocked to say the least.

Well, they have to call that. Otherwise it’d be impossible for defenses to make the right read.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Bama’s injured-all-season LB Anfernee Jennings, who returned against Clemson to have a great game only to get injured on Clemson’s final drive, required surgery and will not play in the NCG.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Personally, I respect the bit.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I’d be fine with teams only being permitted to claim titles from the BCS era onward.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I think it kind of owns that in so short a period of time, we’ve gone from OSU making all their championship merch say UNDISPUTED on it to a team just claiming a title because the playoff committee sucks rear end.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Winkie01 posted:

The greatest President this glorious country has ever had will be attending the big game to watch UGA beat Alabama.

FDR being in attendance would be startling, and honestly kind of gross

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I like this new era of “[conference/national] champions aren’t actually good,” because it is the exact reasoning that allowed Bama into the playoffs this year :twisted::twisted:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

UCF has a legitimate claim to a national title. They went undefeated, beat some pretty good teams, got their P5 game cancelled because of loving hurricanes, and then beat Auburn, who beat the playoff champ.

If you don't like it maybe they could settle it on the field?

I think it’s just fine, unless you’re yelling at/with that UGA guy in which case carry on

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Why will the cowards Alabama not play UCF

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I’m pretty sure hotlanta man has other stuff going on in his life that affects his posting, if I remember right. Just take it with a grain of salt

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I guess I just don't understand destroying hardware you can display in a case for recruits. Sure you didn't win the thing, but its not like you want to forget you were good enough to get there. Prb Bama don't care tho, but its a mentality I don't understand.

Not every trophy case looks like VT’s

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The Notorious ZSB posted:

LOL knew that was coming. Not like ours is barren tho.

Sometimes, I’ve gotta work for it, and sometimes, it just walks up and slaps me.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I mean, everyone gets that they play other stuff at halftime or whatever, but there’s no denying that they play Boomer Sooner like 100x per game. I’m sure they’re all great dedicated kids, very proud.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I thought that A&M lady was dead for sure, that’s fantastic that she’s okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

They found her car with her phone/wallet/purse around midnight and they found her under an overpass around 6am so who knows if she's actually okay

By “ok” I just mean “not a cadaver,” to be fair

• Locked thread