Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal are mediocre. Their two best players’ contracts will expire at the end of the season. 14 first team players’ contracts expire between now and the end of the 2018/2019 season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

julian assflange posted:

Post the hellscape

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This is good, but I still want to see pics of the central Asian hellscape.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Oh my god

Blue Star Error posted:

Pulis saving Swansea at the expense of WBA has a certain poetry to it itpo

This is the most obvious managerial appointment ever, but I feel like Swansea’s owners may be too stupid to do it.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Nothing seems to happen in January anymore these days.

That’s bad for Arsenal because they are not good. I just hope they can clear out some real bad players and extend the contracts of the less bad ones.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
What ever happened to the story about him having AIDS? If he’s healthy, his FIFA ban should be over, and I would think he would still be able to play somewhere at 34?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

brocked posted:

I thought he was supposed to play for Birmingham or Sunderland last season but he somehow got a UEFA ban for firing his agent?

Yeah it was Sunderland. He got a bonus for some reason and was supposed to give his agent like a £1m cut of it. He claimed he had fired his agent before all of this would have happened, but it didn’t quite work out for him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
José is only great when he is winning things and being a total rear end in a top hat. I’m afraid he won’t reach those heights with United.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Wrong thread.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

They just took the announcement picture in a waiting room?

Also I hereby predict that he doesn’t make Liverpool’s defense noticeably better.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
God drat I didn’t realize Salah was only £35m. That was a steal.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Craiglen posted:

Jack Wilshere is a loving jumped up oval office. I'm not having this guff about him suddenly being a decent player again just because he's started 4 games without breaking in half. He belongs in the conference.

He doesn’t have it anymore. He had nearly a whole season at burnley where he was healthy, just okay, and not a nailed-on starter. I’m not sure why everyone expected him to become what he was at 19 again this year.

He has to be the player whose career Wenger has most thoroughly ruined.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bogan Krkic posted:

He's decent but he was never going to be a world beater and especially not with his injuries, Wenger didn't ruin him

It was Wengy that ran him into the ground and caused him to pick up a bunch of weird stress injuries. He was played every match as a teenager for like two years, then he fell apart and came back worse

Shrapnig posted:

It was Bournemouth but you're not wrong.

Stupid B names

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

For club and country he played over 50 games in one season, at 18/19, most of those were starts, it was a crazy thing to do to a promising talent.

Yep. He played basically every game he was healthy for. Everyone knew it was stupid at the time, and I remember Wengy talking about being worried about overusing him as he was grinding him into a fine paste.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ewar Woowar posted:

Wenger didn't run Wilshere into the ground you morons. Some players are just prone to injuries.

Wilshere was always overhyped anyway. He was a good player that offered something different to most English central midfielders in that he had a good short passing game and could play the ball in tight situations (these are a dime a dozen in Spain). I'd argue that if anything Wenger made him into the player he was anyway by instigating that style of play at youth level.

Wilshere developer a lot of injuries related to stress and overuse that were common to Arsenal players in that period. He was also a more dynamic and complete midfielder before the injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sticksy posted:

Wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t some sort of gentleman’s agreement similar to Suarez a couple years back after he wasn’t initially sold.

lmao

• Locked thread