Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Knowlue posted:

Spend? I'm still at like 900/75

I've been at 1000 for two days. I don't have time to play this game :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've been rerolling all day, and I just pulled this. I guess I'll roll with it even though Balt requires a ton of whaling from what I've read.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
So I pulled a Selena on my first step pull on the banner. Right now I'm using Caris (job 1), Yomi (job 2), and Almira (job 1), with Chihaya also levelled. Think it's worth trying to dolphin and get Selena to job 2 or 3? Also, I could use the rainbow shards from daily login to take Caris to job 2. Anyone know if that's worth it?

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

Zotix posted:

I've been rerolling all day, and I just pulled this. I guess I'll roll with it even though Balt requires a ton of whaling from what I've read.

Bruh you have Magnus Vettel and the dude with glasses and balt. You're totally fine

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Darksaber posted:

So I pulled a Selena on my first step pull on the banner. Right now I'm using Caris (job 1), Yomi (job 2), and Almira (job 1), with Chihaya also levelled. Think it's worth trying to dolphin and get Selena to job 2 or 3? Also, I could use the rainbow shards from daily login to take Caris to job 2. Anyone know if that's worth it?

Caris is a 4*, right? I wouldn't recommend using rainbow shards on her.

Selena might be worth being a dolphin for, if you don't have a Vettel (J2). I think, she's basically a water version of him at J3. Vettel is really tanky along with doing decent damage. Also, magic swordsman is great for hitting weaknesses.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

If you go for Selena, expect to spend a lot. You might get her at by the end of the 5 step but you'll probably have to keep pulling or buy the 50 shards from the shop. I wouldn't bother going after her unless you're prepared to get her 3rd job too. Also don't spend any rainbow shards right now, especially on 4*.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i added people. wish there was a guild function or something for making that easier. i'm baram. if anyone else wants to add me

baram. fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 9, 2017

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

If you go for Selena, expect to spend a lot. You might get her at by the end of the 5 step but you'll probably have to keep pulling or buy the 50 shards from the shop. I wouldn't bother going after her unless you're prepared to get her 3rd job too. Also don't spend any rainbow shards right now, especially on 4*.

I've seen people talk about how she's supposedly farmable on hard mode (that comes out in the 14th)?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Oh, I dunno. Maybe wait to pull until then I guess.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

What do I have to do in brave frontier to get the daily Vargas shards?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Kill Vargas, aka clear, in Stage 2 three times.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

DemonMage posted:

Kill Vargas, aka clear, in Stage 2 three times.

Is that cave of flames? Because I cleared the area and didn't see Vargas unless I missed him while I autod

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Events -> Brave Frontier

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 10, 2017

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Christ I'm dumb I've been playing brave frontier instead

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

How often are there new banners? Have gems burning a hole in my pocket

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Just Chamber posted:

How often are there new banners? Have gems burning a hole in my pocket

Once or twice a week so far.

edit: every two weeks I mean.

Tagichatn fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 12, 2017

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
No chole but got more magnus, so hello rocket man

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

New characters incoming, Ryle, Shayna, Rosa and Reida. All of them but Reida are supposed to be pretty good, Shayna even gets holy brawler at job 1. It doesn't say when the banner drops but probably tomorrow since an old banner is expiring.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Rolled my second Yomi and a Fung Liu. I think the consensus was he's a mage that's not awful? Worth running?

e: they changed the animation when you roll. They showed both my 5 stars as yellow things until they changed to Red as I opened them

Knowlue fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 14, 2017

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Oh weird, mine were red this morning. I got 25 Chloe shards and Yomi. None of the banner features, but yomi is good, right? I'd still stab my bestie on Christmas morning for a Magnus though.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Saxophone posted:

Oh weird, mine were red this morning. I got 25 Chloe shards and Yomi. None of the banner features, but yomi is good, right? I'd still stab my bestie on Christmas morning for a Magnus though.

I too would love a magnus. Yomi is good but she really starts to shine at job two apparently. With some levels she puts in the work for me in story mode. With War spirit summon skill she plows through everything so far

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
They haven't changed the roll, it's always done that. Pulls will occasionally 'upgrade' when you open them.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

free rare roll today was a dupe yomi, letting me unlock ninja on her.

step 1 of the new banner had 2 yellows i skipped through, guess one turned red cause that spit out a magnus for me.

:toot:

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Magnus is fantastic but only if you pull him twice. What I really want is more of that...whats his name? The magic sword dude. Hes supposed to be good but starts with just magic sword which is meh.

I really need to find a guide on whos good right now in global so I know who to build up instead of just picking the most waifu and husbando material. Everything I get off googling is japanese, and their game stage is way different than ours.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

I really need to find a guide on whos good right now in global so I know who to build up instead of just picking the most waifu and husbando material. Everything I get off googling is japanese, and their game stage is way different than ours.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZtKO2fidjaKRdK37SERICrVmntWCWKofy0WgkUxAPiU/mobilebasic
Is decent despite being jp version because the author explains their reasoning, and is an "old" tier list so it's not as ahead of us as the newest ones.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p8OOhd_X1-BRJGl1BOLgBi6stLMVWMASgqA7Cd9oPPc/edit#gid=1399857044
Very barebones, but mostly accurate as far as I can tell.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The brave frontier hard mission is just 3 a day so you're not going to be rolling in Selena shards. I think you get 26 total including the mission.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Nice, gonna dump all rainbows on the king of arena then, im actually good right now. Just need a good sniper for those mobs they love in multiplayer that need piercing. Magnus gets creamed by those.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

So looks like there's a winter event coming up. For some reason, the big featured unit is Michael, the dude with the stupid face. He gets a job+ and a winter skin. You can farm wreaths though that you can spend to get various items, including Rosa and Shayna shards. Also Chapter 2 is coming, hopefully with less Dias.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
God please less dias, such a useless character, story and game wise

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
That 5 star ticket gave me the new archer guy which is great because I really needed a good one. His range is absurd and his leader skill pairs nicely with Chloe and Logi.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Marogareh posted:

That 5 star ticket gave me the new archer guy which is great because I really needed a good one. His range is absurd and his leader skill pairs nicely with Chloe and Logi.

Hah! Samesies! I'm.debating replacing Vettel with him and having an all ranged team for story mode.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
How important is it to get to level 85?

I have a number of 'top tier' characters but I find they still die so easily when it comes to the harder PVE content because they're stuck at level 60.

I wonder if it's worth farming the shittier characters so you can max them out more easily than spending resources on the more powerful gatcha ones that you will probably never max out unless you whale.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It's a decent boost in effectiveness and is good to do for top tier characters but you can easily finish the story with sub 60 characters. Job leveling is the biggest chunk of stats and making sure you've got the good skills unlocked helps. As does having a Sniper or Gunner.

Plus it's pretty random who you can level past 60 unless you're going to whale out.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

How important is it to get to level 85?

I have a number of 'top tier' characters but I find they still die so easily when it comes to the harder PVE content because they're stuck at level 60.

I wonder if it's worth farming the shittier characters so you can max them out more easily than spending resources on the more powerful gatcha ones that you will probably never max out unless you whale.
You can level the event characters past 60 without whaling. I leveled Retzius up to 71 to see if it would make a difference, it really doesn't. He's perfectly fine but my Lofia at like level 62 is definitely stronger and more useful.

If you're struggling with content what matters is having characters with good jobs and getting them to job level 11, then equipping all their level 11 gear and maxing the pieces that give good stats to 5 *s. The difference that makes vs. the difference being 70 makes compared to 60 is very small. It's going to be really hard to get a character to 85 anyway, as the experience needed is completely absurd and your account has to be 85 as well which is definitely a 2+ month thing as far as I can tell, I've played this game a ton for about a month now and I'm only 76 and it takes a while to get each additional level now.

Gear also matters, if an event has a weapon try to farm it up to 5 *s if your main team is still missing 5 * weapons, make sure you're doing the first pull on the gear 3 steps, stuff like that. Really it's all about the job and 5 *ing your equipment at job level 11. A little bit about making sure your passives are level 20.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

e: nm I am dumb

Knowlue fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 22, 2017

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Knowlue posted:

How the hell are we supposed to do 1x per day holiday event without Lisbeth and Edgar?

You need to remove the invalid units from your team but getting all the chests is probably impossible without Edgar. You get him for free after completing chapter 1 though.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

If the opening is any indication then Edgar and Chapter 2 are a hell of a lot better than Chapter 1. Also my first pull of 3 stage has given me poo poo all lately. Just 3* shards. At least give me some good 4* dupes :argh:

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

DemonMage posted:

If the opening is any indication then Edgar and Chapter 2 are a hell of a lot better than Chapter 1. Also my first pull of 3 stage has given me poo poo all lately. Just 3* shards. At least give me some good 4* dupes :argh:

I got like 3 or 4 Michaels on my pull for this banner, rigged.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Oh my god the tonal shift between the chapters is amazing.

This game is so stupid it rolled around into amazing.

Make a pact with the devel to pimp your ride after getting in a showdown with robits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WALL of SCIENCE!
Feb 8, 2003

I'm good. You good?
I haven't even finished Chapter 1 because the Dias segments are such a slog. I can't even put it on auto-battle- the dude gets murdered so quickly compared to Logi.

• Locked thread