Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Don't equip his -def passives, keep the soldier ones instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Is there a way to see what the passives do, i dont see descriptions for any of them in game.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Long press on them.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Oh hey, a new 3-step! Let's see what we go-

:negative: what the gently caress

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Got a third yomi. Getting closer to holy brawler I guess and an Anastasia. Is she good ootb?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Oh hey, a new 3-step! Let's see what we go-

:negative: what the gently caress

RIP. I got a single yellow in my pull, someone that sucked though.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

My only 4* was Freed. Why make a 4* that can't be evolved to a 5*, that's just mean. This is the 6th time I've gotten him. :negative:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I got a Shayna, 50% water leader and one of the good monk classes. So hard to complain too much :cheeky:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah I finished up the Shayna+ 3-step and ended up getting Zangetsu, some Zangetsu shards, Elizabeth, and Shayna herself from the whole ordeal so I'm content with that investment. At this point I find myself hoping for Caris shards because boy do I need to do a lot of limit breaks with her.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

M. Night Skymall posted:

My only 4* was Freed. Why make a 4* that can't be evolved to a 5*, that's just mean. This is the 6th time I've gotten him. :negative:

If it makes you feel better, Freed gets a fifth star at some point and becomes actually decent.

Also Shayna is real good. Apparently the go to strat for the mp Babel map is 4 Shaynas using sharpening focus and killing the sword dudes with counters.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

At this point I find myself hoping for Caris shards because boy do I need to do a lot of limit breaks with her.

Yeahhhh. Really want to get her and Almira their sniper unlocks. Running full ranged is hilarious on the story quests, and having them be snipers instead would make it all the more ridiculous.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

this 500 step got me Vettel.

anyone have a recommended tier list?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Last pull got me Yomi which was exactly what I wanted so she can get to ninja. I could really use another Vanekis to get her to mage but she has yet to show up again.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Oh that's rude. Apparently the player level cap is 85 right now, even though there are achievements taunting you for hitting 90-120. Maybe I'll finish that Evolve Sapphire Earrings quest someday too.

Also nice on the Cross-Counter thing Tagichatn, I'll have to try that. Didn't realize it was 100% proc rate originally.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

baram. posted:

this 500 step got me Vettel.

anyone have a recommended tier list?

This one seems solid albeit light on details for each unit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p8OOhd_X1-BRJGl1BOLgBi6stLMVWMASgqA7Cd9oPPc/edit

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
gently caress this game, I just started and I've rerolled like 5 times and I've got nothing but blues on the loving 10 pull.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yep, sounds about right.

Also the new year's tickets aren't great. It's possible to get 5* but you'll probably just get a bunch of silver ingots.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah going through those was, uh, very underwhelming, to say the least. And my expectations were at, like, "maybe I'll get some Almira shards".

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

So yesterday's patch gave us a few more step ups, I got a Cadanova from one although I think he's best at j3. Oh well. It also hosed up everyone's snipers but it was fixed by the time I logged in, I'll take the compensation though.

Oh and Kanon is definitely worth farming up although these goddamn boots takes forever.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Tagichatn posted:

So yesterday's patch gave us a few more step ups, I got a Cadanova from one although I think he's best at j3. Oh well. It also hosed up everyone's snipers but it was fixed by the time I logged in, I'll take the compensation though.

Oh and Kanon is definitely worth farming up although these goddamn boots takes forever.

Yeah you weren't kidding. I'm farming stage 7 and I'll get 1 boot per stage most of the time, sometimes none. It's pretty painful

I didn't get Cadanova on my first pull and I don't think I'll pull more on that

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Didn't know there was a thread or SA presence. Been playing this since launch (not the soft launch).

Gyoru
Friend ID: B4PQJGJA

My rep is usually either Magnus J2 or Yomi J3.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Finally cleared the Extra difficulty missions of Sabareta's event after many, many attempts. I followed the Sage + Chrono/Enchant support method, but using a Sniper + Merc. Sniper instead of a Professor. My attempts with a Professor (Michael) ended up wasting too many turns while the Snipers could safely contribute damage.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Well pulled a 5* off the new summon... Flamel. Who seems to be complete poo poo. Ah well, I've got plenty of good units, just need more duplicates for some of them and effort put into ones I wasn't sure were worth using (having skilled/jobbed up Vincent would have been great for the Sabareta EX stuff).

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I really do love these constant step-up summons. Being able to do a regular, cheap 10-roll is just nice. Picked up Rosa and some Caris shards from this one so I'm pretty happy, though I'll need a few more Rosa draws to get her to a good job.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Rolled mostly blue but no Almira. Only two more for j3 damnit

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

We got a new collab coming up this week, Phantom of the Kill. 2 free characters and 3 gacha characters. Each gacha character gets their own 5 step so that means three pulls at 500 gems! I like that setup actually, it's good for more cheap pulls for f2p and dolphins/whales get guaranteed collab characters.

One of the free characters is farmed from mp though so hopefully that isn't a shitshow. Both of the free ones are decent too.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Uh, so everyone got a gift of 5k gems that said "Test" and now they're having unscheduled maintenance. When that happened in FFBE, we got to keep the gems but I guess we won't if they did maintenance so quickly.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Everyone who claimed the "test gift"/injected gems got 5000 gems subtracted after maintenance. If you spent them on draws, you got to keep all your draws and your total gem count was set to 0 if you had <= 5000 gems.

I missed out on claiming it last night so all I got was the compensation. :negative:

justgumithings

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Collab starts today but I guess the other 5 step banner and the mp level is next week. Sadly, only Lavetainn or whatever gets her own banner. Cita and Shekinehaha share one and all three share the final 5 step. At least the Tyrfing farm is easy and generous. My average seems to be 5 shards per run.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

At least according to this tier list, all the new characters have at least one S tier job. And 2/3 of the summon ones are S on their first job instead of needing to summon multiple times to have any hope of using them.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I got lucky and got Shek from my 1st pull on that particular banner after getting nothing on Lev's so I'm nice and content. She'll go great with Ryle and Caris on the ranged team I imagine.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Congrats!
I only need two more Almira summons to get her sniper, since I got one today. My usual lazy team is Carris (Gunner), Almira (Hunter), Reagan (Sniper), Edgar (Drifter). Can't wait to run triple sniper.

[Edit] Dope, got Shekinah and Magnus (dupe, so now I can go Machinist) off my other pull.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 19, 2018

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

The artwork in this game is nice and it's closer to Final Fantasy Tactics mechanics than some of the other turn-based strategy mobile games I've played. I do wish there was a way to zoom the camera out so you can see more of the battlefield at once. Also, is there a way to tell when your charge abilities will go off in the turn order? FFT had that thing where you could push left or right on the d-pad from your spell menu to see if it would go before or after your target moved (though I never could figure out Jump timing).

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

MagicAlex posted:

The artwork in this game is nice and it's closer to Final Fantasy Tactics mechanics than some of the other turn-based strategy mobile games I've played. I do wish there was a way to zoom the camera out so you can see more of the battlefield at once. Also, is there a way to tell when your charge abilities will go off in the turn order? FFT had that thing where you could push left or right on the d-pad from your spell menu to see if it would go before or after your target moved (though I never could figure out Jump timing).

Unfortunately there is not. The closest thing you can do is to check their CT gauge and judge if you have enough speed to fire it off before it fills up. The CT gauge btw, you can see if you go to check the map, tap on an enemy, and below their nametag it will list their hp, jewels, and CT gauge in that order. Typically less than 50 is a good bet. It is theoretically possible to calculate exactly when your charged skills will go off in relation to turn order, but that requires lots of maths and intensive knowledge of CT mechanics.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Are the potk characters good enough to warrant rolling past step one?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Tier list has:
Laevateinn A/B/S so eh
Cita S/A/A, so good right away at least
Shekinah S/B/SS good with potential for great

I just kinda want Laevateinn, so I'll rolled on hers twice, and will do the all 3 one twice as well. Won't hit 2500 for a guaranteed Lae sadly before that's gone. But otherwise it doesn't really seem like any of them are terribly amazing unless you can unlock Job 3 for Shekinah. She does slot in nicely to a ranged team with just her J1 though.

I really wish Masamune (A, A/S, S) shards didn't require multiplay. Or that you could auto + Try Again on multi. Second difficulty doesn't seem to give more shards, and beginner is an easy solo but only gives 2 per run usually so it's a slow grind even to just job 2.

At least Tyrfing (D, A, S) is nice and chill to totally max out.

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

Also, has anyone seen a schedule for weekly/daily events? I'd like to know when I can do these Alchemia Hunts and evolve some of my guys.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Should I stay be farming Logi shards once you max him for soul coins? or switch over to drat Dias or Edgar

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Trying this out, logged in as Dogtoucher, Friend ID CQGRVRMU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Knowlue posted:

Should I stay be farming Logi shards once you max him for soul coins? or switch over to drat Dias or Edgar

I switched over, Farmed shards seem to exchange at a 1:1 rate and you need a ton of them to do anything useful. The energy is better spent elsewhere for me than grinding out 6 soul coins a day.

• Locked thread