Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

fishmech posted:

sa as a whole is pretty dang trans so its one part that.

Yeah it's this one, I can't think of a single subforum I've hung out in here without its own trans cabal. LP was probably close to 40/60 trans/cis at one point if you only counted the thread starters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

cis autodrag posted:

you should be working on your sword of truth thread. for shame (you're awesome never change)

I am right now. The problem is my process on such is lovely, especially if I do the reading in the field, because it means I'm taking initial notes on paper in my christ-forsaken handwriting and then have to decipher and transcribe, then transcribe the novel, then edit for tags and clean it up...

Anyway I'm doing step 2 now while Seth Meyers talks to Ice-T.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

atomicthumbs posted:

Gboard autocorrect wanted me to say "im hi op" instead. Great machine learning.

SwiftKey has been loving with me all week but in the opposite fashion (which is why I don't take notes on the phone...) If it wasn't turning "hottie" into "hogtie" it's "if it kills me" into "if it jills me" and suddenly I'm queerer than ever

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Depends on which border you're... bordering. Also Mexican dental is sublime so long as you do a little research and have someone to get you home.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Every year bi visibility/awareness jokes sustain me for a solid month. My favorite stupid jokes hands down.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

ate all the Oreos posted:

i don't at all mean to say you shouldn't want to/try to figure out who you are or anything, it's just always been odd to me that some people seem to need to know which exact ultra-specific academic psychological term pertains to themselves.

maybe i'm just weird though, whatever works for you :shrug:

I stuck with just calling myself "flexible" for a decade and change, and it worked up until it led to a lot of questioning and I'm trying to figure some stuff out these days because I guess a lot of people read me weird due to it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Poniard posted:

I have a stupid question: is "poof" derogatory and/or archaic? I have only ever heard this term used twice in my life.

Derogatory yes, archaic... Actually yeah it sweeps those categories.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
You're basically talking the kind of ancient racism like the dude who would spit at my feet on the bus and call me a "mick bastard".

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
No, that's... I won't pretend to speak for all of them but I've dealt with more than a few of the "I'm taking it back" types who are also Exceedingly Online in the worst ways, and yeah, generally anyone who you hear spouting that is likely to be a) a still-regular channer and b) probably not super progressive in their beliefs. It's the trans equivalent of trying to be "one of the good ones" or a Log Cabin Republican or something.

It's mostly so upsetting to me because every single time it happens I think "Well I'll just deal with them despite this because they clearly need some better folks to talk to and maybe they'll improve a bit" and every time there is a tipping point where I just absolutely cannot deal with them anymore and it ends in a short, sharp, shock and they don't do it again.

Because we never speak further.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

cis autodrag posted:

Either nobody updated their reviews after women and trans people became official human beings or the whole industry conspired to protect old Roger from the fact that he wrote a pos.

I don't know about the industry but Roger himself was always pretty open about it being poo poo and that's why he never went back to writing for films, just about 'em

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I use tweets to gripe about coworkers in a place they can't find it but it also means I do a lot of this:

https://twitter.com/bustrider/status/980283108774694912

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Genderfluid is one of those terms that feels weird to use because it never seems right except on days I'm feeling... fluid, I guess.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Pikavangelist posted:

that is certainly a phrase

If you've never seen True Blood, it is some of the best trash-rear end TV ever on HBO standards (ie, they can swear, gently caress, and do whatever).

That show has one of the funniest character deaths in history.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

jit bull transpile posted:

Yall I'm all out of true blood. Wtf do I watch for the next month

My suggestion for pure unadulterated trash to follow it up with: get absolutely stupid with Legends of Tomorrow

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Captain Capacitor posted:

Also, on a more serious note...has anyone else Bi (and possibly Canadian) had to deal with the incorrigible shame? Like those feelings coming from someone dealing with a far more complex journey (especially in the states) I could understand but I never once experienced any homophobia in my family or, to my recollection, my social group growing up. Yet I am having so much trouble admitting and integrating the idea right now. I've been invited to LGBTQregex events at work (because MS loves regex people) and I feel...undeserving? Does that make sense?

So stop me if I'm coming from the wrong place here but lemme take a leap and see if I have this right. You've got kind of an impostor syndrome thing going wrt your sexuality, where because you're shifting it up after so long combined with you expecting it to be a harsher journey it feels like it might be wrong somehow? Or like you might have said something too soon and now you kinda wish you could undo it or you panic a little and think "oh god what if I was wrong but now I have to keep this up and save face" and it's given you a sort of paranoia that you'll be found out or unveiled like the end of a Scooby Doo episode?

because this is how I feel way more constantly than I should admit about my gender fluidity, especially since I haven't told everyone yet, and I wonder if it's kinda the same thing for a different cause

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Captain Capacitor posted:

This.

The fact that you guessed so accurately is reassuring because it means it isn't just me. Not that it's not terrible going through it...

Yeah, entirely sucks in the heat of it.

I also wonder if there's not just some added layer of social/psychological pressure if you're coming out as... I don't want to say "nonbinary" but it feels accurate here, your bisexual, your genderqueer/genderfluid, something that doesn't boil down to "I am/like X now, hard stop" because you sort of expect people are going to start giving you more guff over showing a preference or not being "even" with your presentation/partners/etc.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

I see it in gbs a lot and if you correct them they fall back to making it about "graysexuals" and trying really hard to conflate the two. and they're still really mad about tumblr for some reason. just leave the weird queer teens alone! they're figuring themselves out.

Fwiw I will not ever defend GBS, but there's a part of me that does decidedly loathe Tumblr for how it, intentionally and unintentionally, muddies these waters if you're trying to figure your poo poo out and whatever you take as the first "correct" result on some searches might color all of how you see some things until you learn words have actual definitions later or that you've been basing your identity on some poo poo a weird ego lord made to puff up their own petty empire (HI JDR) or...

I fuckin' hate it. I hate that half of my job sometimes is just an uphill fight against the stupid poo poo people learned wrong

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Improbable Lobster posted:

the problem with tumblr is that a lot of people there are kids trying to be Very Serious instead of posting funny dog pics

Y'know this is fair and I'm just gonna try and keep that in mind rather than be angry about it. Except for the predatory fucklord types. They can still catch a fist.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
The first one is all me. The last one is only half on me because my throat is full of blood and pus but also I don't know if partner has finished reading the books.

Yes I'm absolutely calling you out if you see this, love. <3

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Custom title is the av unless poo poo has changed wildly under the hood.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Update your thread

THERE

that took way more effort than it should have for such a tiny loving post, there was nothing to say about that book

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Silver Alicorn posted:

I enjoy Star Trek but it is very much babbys first sci fi and isn’t very aware of even basic concepts you’ll find in sci fi novels

Counterpoint: find me a single short story with all the pathos and depth of a Tuvix

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

hope everyone is doing OK today

See, I do too visit!!!

(it is a week of higher and lower stress than usual because vacation but also Everything)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

basically at some point my tits became illegal and no one can tell me when

https://twitter.com/garblefart/status/1069645031055732737

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Shifty Pony posted:

their auto-flagging will probably end up banning everything.

Some of the false positives are wild.

is it only images? or will they fall down the YouTube rabbit hole of any queer discussion being adult content?

It's pretty much everything right now and it's hard to tell how much is whatever new auto-flagging they put in place being set to scorched earth and how much is people gaming the system in rage. Some artist friends of mine are getting only their most tame images hit and actual titty untouched, a few people were thinking it was searching for skin tone colors but that seems to have been disproven, one of the waves is hitting text-focused blogs... You should probably presume at the moment that it's gonna slam hard on queers, yes, given that it's not really striking me as a "let's give the benefit of the doubt" policy on any level

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Here is a Christmas story some of you may find amusing and/or cathartic.

Years ago, especially in the era of bookstores shuttering and clearing out stock, I would buy literally everything classified as queer studies or similar just to keep a library I could loan to anyone referred to me for counseling, or so I could be read up on the topic. The problem is that before there was an easy way to get some parts of the spectrum covered, it meant that, say, the only thing I had for, let's say, FtMs were the works of one Max Wolf Valerio, who loving sucks.

This year I went a little overboard with my Secret Santa planning and all of my santee's gifts are either slightly skewed versions of what was asked for, or just stupid cenobite bullshit, which is why...

...I spent all night hollowing out a copy of MWV's piece of poo poo opus "The Testosterone Files" to hide a Paul Blart, Mall Cop blu-ray inside it, a two-fer of trash where I could not tell you which prize the receipient is ending up with is the worse outcome.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Do you know what I'm so glad I'll likely never have to hear again with Zucker on the skids? The words "Harry Benjamin Syndrome".

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Some people just refuse to use real names if they've ever seen an internet handle for you, which is why to my chagrin people still call me "Syrg" IRL after not using that ID for, gently caress, over half a decade now?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

send me Xanax plz. getting so nervous. pre-op appointment tomorrow and surgery Wednesday

If my dumb rear end could stick around so long, you'll excel. Guaranteed.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Well this is the hardest I'm gonna laugh all day although thinking on it I can't imagine why the dude trying to alter himself into his perfect being wouldn't be pro-trans or sympathize

Boy this took a weird turn in my brain

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

"a little bit of necrosis" is not a fun phrase even if the surgeon says it's normal and I'm actually healing quite well.

As someone who has dealt with this repeatedly: just be real good about the hygiene for a week or two and the body takes care of that on its own.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Mar 23, 2019

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Improbable Lobster posted:

what i'm hearing is that the next big weightloss craze will be covering yourself in horrible burns so your metabolism speeds way up

Finally, my dream of setting other Californians on fire for money can become a viable career.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
My go-to road rage sound is Xena's ululation and it keeps getting higher the more pissed I get.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Pus is better outside of you than in you if that's even what it is. This is good. This is healing. If there's no swelling with it, that's it draining and a plus.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Best of luck!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

oh yeah other queers will glom onto you if you're at all stable and suck out all your emotional energy. it can be fulfilling but you have to set limits or you'll be exhausted

christ almighty I've been thinking of this quote a lot this year, especially as I reflect on the first half

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Lain Iwakura posted:

also if wolverine went for grs i doubt anything would go well

Thanks, I just had flashbacks to Harry Knowles talking about Heroes

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I keep feeling terrible because even knowing what this is about a part of me always goes "y'know I want a burrito now" because of the thread title

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

END ME SCOOB posted:

I keep feeling terrible because even knowing what this is about a part of me always goes "y'know I want a burrito now" because of the thread title

Update: I made a burrito first thing when I walked in the door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I can't speak about the current controversy, but I wrote her off years back when she repeatedly volunteered to be the "good one" showing up to alt-right fundraiser events as a counterpoint voice in the room. Yes. Raise money for these dipshits. Great move.

I'm just saying at some point the benefit of the doubt goes for me and one of these is "oops", two+ is "hey wait..."