Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

hey y'all im bi. maybe other things but gosh who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

maybe you should stop defining your identity by the words furries use

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Triglav posted:

maybe cuz west coast + hippie school, but "they" was taught to me and what i heard as a kid

but also "dude" is gender neutral

its really not though

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

if dude is agender what's the deal with dudette

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

maybe it's an east coast/west coast thing, but i can't imagine dude being used gender neutrally

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

spankmeister posted:

Men are actually good. This is because I am good, and I am a man.

unlikely

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

my now-sister came out to the family in a group text yesterday (none of us knew, though i had some idea). had a pretty stressful time waiting for my parents to figure out what to say in response, but in the end i think they're down with the whole concept. she explicitly said not to out her to any extended family members, so it's going to be pretty lovely having to deliberately misgender her each thanksgiving at my Ayn Rand-loving Fox News-watching grandparents house.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Dillon2 posted:

What if I am both queer and black

so is cis autodrag

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

stymie, my dude, i don't think you're homophobic, at least not on purpose. but this thread is meant to be a safe space for queer people, and you are - to my knowledge - a non-queer person who is making somebody in this thread feel unsafe. so you might just want to take your leave.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Idunno I think this is actually the literal definition of 'empathy' and is entirely possible, it's just really loving hard and scary as hell sometimes

it is good to try putting yourself in someone else's shoes to understand how they feel. it is bad to try putting yourself in someone else's shoes to talk over them.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

signs that i might be trans are becoming hard to ignore. what do i do now.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

thanks for all the advice. anything i can do about finding a decent therapist for this sort of thing in my area, other than just going to a whole bunch until i find a good one?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you can't get or keep one billion dollars without being a big time fucker

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

if you're choosing a weird name for yourself? hell yeah. that's powerful. you know it's gonna be harder but you're still doing it because you feel it fits you. cool as hell.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

got me them sweet Girl Pills today. helll yeah.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

aardvaard posted:

signs that i might be trans are becoming hard to ignore. what do i do now.

oh poo poo it's been like a year of transing. wack.

can you believe this thread was the fuckin first place i went

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

no cops or corporations at pride

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

lyft's polyamory pride balloon was a surprise though

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

oh they are and they shouldn't be at pride but i appreciated that they went for more than the bare minimum rainbow flags and "LOVE IS LOVE".

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

Just feel utterly depressed. I got this degree for nothing, all I could get after months of searching is something that makes me 12.50 an hour. I'll never get any of the procedures I want, not even loving laser, on the budget I have. Every stupid loving friend I have always chants, "you don't need it, you should make yourself happy :), stop looking for external validation" but that poo poo is so loving dumb and reeks of stupid stoic mindset. Yeah, let me just imagine away how loving lovely i feel to look at myself every day.

"you're beautiful as you are" "you shouldn't care about what society thinks" "you don't need surgery to be happy" is the dysphoria equivalent of telling a depressed person that they should "just try to stop feeling sad" - technically true but absolutely unhelpful and dismissive. it's true that society shouldn't have a say over how anyone looks but if it were as easy as a mindset change nobody would have issues with their body.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Poniard posted:

my waffling on hrt probably means i should just go figure out how to get it

whereabouts do you live?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

i'm gay just in general

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Ms. Twiggy posted:

strap ons are a thing tho

gonna say they already know

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

yeah i just heard about that book/film and i am extremely What The gently caress Who Made This God drat

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

flakeloaf posted:

:wtc:

dig up, stupid

no you see [marginalized group] identity was poorly understood in the [time period] so portraying them as caricatures was perfectly okay, and furthermore

oh so she's like super a terf huh

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

there are plenty of trans people of all sorts of genders (including trans women) who have been poisoned by terf rhetoric. some people find the idea of being "one of the good ones" attractive, and don't care about who they're throwing under the bus.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

i assumed troon was just "trans goon". looked it up and oh. oh no.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

fishmech posted:

it literally is just trans goon, tho

nazis will make up all sorts of fake definitions for words they take if you let them

urbandictionary has a bad definition of it from 2005

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

except for the boobs. afab people don't get any help with those.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

pride parade is here this weekend and while I really want to go (never been to one, always wanted to) I don't know if I really... fit in? like internally I've been battling the genderfeels for a couple years but externally I just present as a cis-enough pansexual guy for various reasons and I feel like my going would be a waste of time. like I feel as if my presence would be a case of, oh look another long haired bearded white guy, good job going to pride you absolute muppet.

am I way off base here? I'm incredibly new at this whole "being publicly not-cishet" thing.

maybe I should find a therapist instead of going to pride lol

there are a lot of queer people who don't look like queer people, you will not stand out.

i understand exactly where you're coming from, having once walked through a pride fair as a cis-enough pansexual guy before ditching because i felt really awkward and out of place.

then i figured out that i was actually a very trans pansexual woman, so maybe you have that in your future.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

also pride is full of cishet people there to see the show show their support, so displaying even a fraction of a percent more queerness than them will probably be enough to feel like part of the group

also also PSA: unless you know your city's pride is particularly tame, don't bring your young kids with you. the most memorable moment at the pride i went to was seeing an almost stereotypically suburban white straight family with a bunch of little kids sitting under a tree, all of whom were closely watching this guy walking around shirtless in a leather harness and fetish dog mask and what i'm pretty sure was a buttplug tail coming out of the back of his pants as he waved a "puppy play" flag and made dog sounds

so what you're saying is that the gays are corrupting our children?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

i think you can be plenty sex positive and body positive and all that and still not be thrilled when someone's doing fetish stuff in front of a 6 year old but i guess if you're fine showing your kids that i'm not gonna stop you

what do you think is going to be the effect of your kids seeing someone walking around wearing a pup hood? what sort of negative effect do you think someone making dog sounds is going to have on children?

there's a difference between engaging in your kink and being proud of your kink and wearing a pup hood and a leather harness and making dog noises is a pretty tame way to be proud of your kink.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

even the buttplug thing isn't a big deal if the guy isn't a big deal if they aren't like, nude

i'm fairly sure you can't tell a buttplug tail from a clip-on tail unless you checked really closely so i'm not sure i trust shame boy's judgement

fishmech posted:

interest in thoroughly basic fursonas which havent been cool in years

nah the kids are all into closed species these days

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

someone please think of the children

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

too young to know what a pup hood is: oh, that man kinda looks like a dog, and has a tail. that's neat.
old enough to know what a pup hood is: literally no innocence lost here

i'm really not seeing how this dude is corrupting our children.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

if you want to rail against rampant sexuality being exposed to our kids, maybe like, every commercial, billboard, magazine cover featuring an unrealistically thin scantily clad woman, which is actually going to have a serious effect on that kid's future? and not The Gays?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

do the trans thing. it always seems impossible and unachievable but then you do it and realize that you can actually be really cool and good looking and girl.

most importantly, it won't go away if you try to stop thinking about it, and actually being trans is a pretty drat good way to deal with it.

maybe get out of florida though.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you're trans. cis people don't question their gender to this degree. exactly what your gender actually is (could be none) is entirely up to you.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

i mean i already knew i was trans, i've identified as "genderfluid but not enough to give a poo poo or do anything about it" for quite a while now :shrug:

edit: I mean "i knew i was under the trans umbrella" to be clear, but i generally didn't identify as "trans" because that to me assigns some stronger meaning I guess?

that's where i was for a while. could be your gender, that's entirely valid. i know for me it's just where i was because i was scared of pulling the trigger on being a girl. sounds like you might be in a similar place, but maybe not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

sure but like, this something new is something that will make changes that i'll basically be locked into forever. i'll probably get even bigger boobs than i have now and i think boobs are fuckin' weird and gross in general

like how can i be trans if i think women's bodies are icky and want nothing to do with them

not all trans people are women and you can be a trans enby

Shame Boy posted:

like i think i want to be a girl who looks and dresses like a boy and has a penis???

god that's a dumb idea now that i wrote it out

entirely valid. that's a real gender. hell, that's basically where im at, except i want to look a little less like a boy.