Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Ciaphas posted:

i'm wary of putting too much hope on the physical side of hrt, but i'm nevertheless real excited to find out what i do get out of it. ~3 weeks on spiro by itself, then estradiol skin patches get added

you might actually wanna chit chat with your doc about not doing spiro at all once your estradiol gets into gear, there are some persuasive medical literature it doesn't provide value, and does some negative side effects for no gain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

sick. welcome to HRT Crew :getin:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

im still new to this :ohdear: barely half a year now since starting HRT and really knowing it's right for me

e: aw gently caress what a snipe

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

i do the intramuscle estradiol shots, do those count (please say yes)

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

im pretty fortunate (??) that ive been a type 1 diabetic for like two decades now, so injections, needles and poo poo are the easy part. figuring out the hormonal balance? impossible difficulty!!

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Shifty Pony posted:

it really surprised me that education materials for diabetes didn't have patients use a separate draw needle. I had spent so much time in trans spaces that I thought that was just how all injections were done to keep the needle as sharp and painless as possible.

something about the diabetes needles makes it so they remain pretty sharp between the two, idk. i had to reuse needles a couple times when i was Exceptionally Poor and it still wasnt tooo bad

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Lady Radia posted:

something about the diabetes needles makes it so they remain pretty sharp between the two, idk. i had to reuse needles a couple times when i was Exceptionally Poor and it still wasnt tooo bad

dont do this yall btw even with tons of alcohol and safe practices it's super unhygienic

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

candy for breakfast posted:

can't say i have the best news for you..

ev = estradiol valerate, ec = estradiol cypionate.

ev is the most common; if you're doing an ev shot every other week...that second 7 days is gonna be super rough:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Estradiol_levels_after_a_single_5_mg_intramuscular_injection_of_estradiol_esters.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacokinetics_of_estradiol#Intramuscular_injection

somewhere i've read that sub-q is about the same. either way, 14 days between is nuts.

my doctor prescribed mine every 2 weeks too, and my levels have been pretty good. i'll trust 'em over wiki, but thanks since it sounds like it's something to ask about.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

the lack of well known research and studies in this field really sucks yeah. my doctor specializes in this stuff but that doesn't really help.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

lmao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Shifty Pony posted:

apparently injecting with the draw needle is routine for diabetes, but that's a SQ injection of only 0.2-1ml using a 30ga needle. giving the vial a wipe and letting it dry before drawing is all it takes.

blew my mind when my wife was practicing her diabetes teaching spiel on me.

correct, i never heard of different needles for draw/inject until starting estrogen

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

mediaphage posted:

my mil is a nurse, well, just retired now, and one of her biggest pet peeves is when professionals don't swap needles for injections since it blunts the needle (she gave me my flu vaccine in her kitchen one year lol)

yeah, if i hadnt moved to an insulin pump i'd do it going forward, the swapped needles feel a lot better going in

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

discuss your (least?) favorite operating system that is also gay instead

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

ultravoices posted:

beos is the gayest operating system, because it's cute and dead

oh no just like me

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

i came out to my boss today

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

yea it honestly did! i'm pretty emotionally overwhelmed to be honest by just how much. love there seems to be for me and for the community each time i come out to someone i'm not sure about?? maybe im just getting lucky so far

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

would u feel uncomfortable if i cited u as an inspiration over a year ago or so. cause i wanna.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

lady u loving own. i can only hope i get arrested for tossing a scooter into a payday lenders' window

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

oh also. being so strong and independent and gently caress-off-im-the-most-feminine-bitch-you-know, all the time. just an incredible powerful feminine energy that you've made your own.

but gently caress payday lenders

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

got in a fight with a friend because they didnt see why trans sports bans or texas' marking transitioning as child abuse was a problem. yeah they're not my friend anymore. it's shocking how much the cis are open to soft genocide.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

i want to leave the country because i think it's only going to get worse. but i dont really know how. and i'm scared.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Christ, nowhere worth going would have me so I'll have to make do with California

I mean *maybe* Germany?

germany and canada are my hopes at this point yeah.. but no way really that i know of.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

hell yeah. same

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

*in a cute lil

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

being a trans is great and awesome and magical

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ciaphas posted:

personally i'm still confused & uncertain on how far I even want to take all this

the physical side of things is clear to me WRT what I am & have (or not) vs what I know I should be & have (or not), at least; but the whole social side - especially The Pronoun Question - just leaves me loving baffled trying to think about what I feel internally & want to be recognized as

still, only 3 months in to having estradiol patches, and being nearly 40 years old maybe there won't be enough physical changes for the questions to even matter, so i suppose i ought to not get too wrapped up about it all (yet)

prepare to be surprised FUCKO

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

i started less than a month before my 29th, and my face actually looks okay to me sometimes now.

my body..needs work. but it is in progress!!

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

im 29 and stupid and gay :unsmith:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

or the first lady orgasm

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ciaphas posted:

hell i said that much yesterday (in a spoiler bar admittedly :v:); i just didn't expect the danged things to ever leak, especially not at less than 3 months in

i think warning folks about leaky tits (whether they think it's bad or a sign of hrt doing good) isn't tmi, it's important folks know that's a common thing.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

hey, it's okay to not want to talk about that stuff too! just dont make it being uncomfortable with yourself

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ciaphas posted:

(and dealing w/me being a little excitable lol)
tbh i havent been a trans for long but this feeling hasnt really gone away. it just changes where and how i get it. it's good, op

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

when i was earlyish in the type 1 betes sometimes when i'd check ym sugar my finger would like, squirt blood. i'd get it all over my glasses lol

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

im super upset and nervous about coming out at work and maybe using the women's restroom despite looking like a loving dude and just overall hating myself and it's gonna suck so bad. i know it will. i dont really want to do it, but i really have to. :smith:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

well i did it and it looks like ive begun cracking someone else's egg at work so the trans agenda is in full swing fuckos

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

the year is young yet

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

hell yea welcome to the thread

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol imagine being cis

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

vortmax posted:

It's real, and it's....
well....
why are the straight cis people so weird? Are they okay??

you just called them a slur OP(cis)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

vortmax posted:

Okay y'all I need advice. My friend's trans-man 18yo has basically been kicked out of his house. (He keeps getting in fights because his mom keeps misgendering him, and while she had a stroke a few years ago, she blames that instead of trying to remember.)

He's been staying with me for a few days, but I'm not able to support him long-term. (I didn't have kids for a reason.) I've found Lucie's Place in Little Rock that supports homeless LGBTQ young adults, and I'm calling them tomorrow.

He's safe at my house for now. We're also trying to get him on Medicaid or other insurance. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

might be better reaching out to the trans thread in CCCC or something just for wider reach