Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PYROxSYCO
May 14, 2015
What are some restaurant franchises that you treat as a luxury when ever you go out of town. Name your restaurant and whatever you order. No shaming.

Arby's

2 Buffalo Sliders, 2 Pizza Sliders, 2 Beef N' Cheddars, Medium Game Fuel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

PYROxSYCO posted:

What are some restaurant franchises that you treat as a luxury when ever you go out of town. Name your restaurant and whatever you order. No shaming.

Arby's

Golden Corral. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. This is a place that changed my opinion of humanity. It's more like going to the zoo than a restaurant. This place is truly the home of "throw your food on the floor and eat it like an animal".

It is the sublime web that ties us all together. 5 stars, would recommend.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Taco Bell. I only go there when I'm on the road, only once per trip, and I chow down. My #1 rule in life is Never Eat Limited Time Only Fast Food and Taco Bell is where I break that rule.

I get 2 Chalupas, a Chicken Quesadilla, 2 Spicy Potato Tacos, and a couple of the newest innovation, whatever that may be.

SOTodd
Aug 10, 2004

PYROxSYCO posted:

Arby's

The Arby's in and around Richmond, Virginia aren't operated like the rest of the world's Arby's. The franchises are owned by someone who decided to give a gently caress about the food. The beef is grass fed, and everything is made from scratch at the restaurants. If you are ever in the area be sure to check it out. It will destroy your interest in beef n' cheddars from a regular Arby's.
Menu:
http://arbysrva.com/shop/

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Five star pizza in gainesville, fl. I get the extra cheese+pepperoni+banana peppers and an order of pepperoni rolls that come in a pool of grease and live off that for a couple days.

also not a restaurant but publix spicy fried chicken wings.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Parrots Cay in Grand Forks ND, every time I visit friends there, also In-n-Out burger every time I leave the Midwest.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
Red Robin. I miss the ramen burger

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Crack Shack in San Diego when we're there visiting my fiancee's family. Good poo poo. Though I suppose it isn't a franchise, just a small chain.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
KFC - I know all the chicken is the same, just cut differently, but that doesn't stop me from having a 3pc + popcorn chicken + tenders. I like the "texture" of the different chicken I guess. Also wedges+gravy, gently caress the mash "potatoes". Dipping your wedges and tenders into gravy is the bomb.

When im on the mainland - Qudoba's queso nachos. Jesus I would kill a dozen men for a plate of those right now.

Slayerjerman has a new favorite as of 01:32 on Dec 8, 2017

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
You got nandos over in the states? That's some great poo poo

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I typically do like five god damned minutes of finding out where the locals like to eat, especially if I won't be back that way.

That said, if I'm in an untested place and I'm feeling a little blue? I find a Red Lobster. It's not good, it's not healthy, and it's not even value for money, but it reminds me of my dead relatives, and sometimes that's what you need before slipping in between crisp sheets previously occupied by dead strangers.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

ThomasPaine posted:

You got nandos over in the states? That's some great poo poo

Nandos is pretty damned good.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Pastry of the Year posted:

I typically do like five god damned minutes of finding out where the locals like to eat, especially if I won't be back that way.

^
i get if you need to travel some ways and have limited options. still, explicit fast food is better than middle of the road poo poo posing like it’s not, Olive Garden etc. last I went it was free and not worth it, puking in the parking lot. the franchise “sit down” restaurant experience is really upsetting to me, actually good food is cheaper and those chains that market themselves as a step up like the keg or w/e are some “middle classy” nonsense for idiot suburbanites, there are so many better options at cost parity

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I'll hit up Jack in the Box every chance I can get.

Mixing their buttermilk ranch and taco sauce makes an excellent fry-dipping sauce.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The closest Dennys to me is like a 30-40 minute drive so going there feels like a special luxury.

I like getting the All-American Slam but I ask them to put the cheese on the hashbrowns instead of the eggs. so good

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Away all Goats posted:

The closest Dennys to me is like a 30-40 minute drive so going there feels like a special luxury.

I like getting the All-American Slam but I ask them to put the cheese on the hashbrowns instead of the eggs. so good

When did Dennys stop serving their buffalo chicken melt? That was my out-of-town treat until 2-3 years ago.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
Bojangles anytime I go back home.

And Waffle House.

And Sheetz.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Would Flemming’s, Roy’s, or Mastros fit here?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
British Beer Company. They make this burger that would be rather pedestrian, except for the dijon mustard and perfectly cooked bacon.

Goddamn now I want a loving burger.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Long John Silver's.

There used to be one on every corner in my neck of the woods. They are now few and far between and seeing one I didn't know existed is like hitting the lottery. I get whatever deal has the fish and chicken. I can't tell the difference in them, so I might as well get both. Fries are even decent. The rest of the sides are horrible and includes a brick of corn on the cob.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Five star pizza in gainesville, fl. I get the extra cheese+pepperoni+banana peppers and an order of pepperoni rolls that come in a pool of grease and live off that for a couple days.

also not a restaurant but publix spicy fried chicken wings.

Five Star? More like you gotta go to five BARS before you can eat the pizza.

Pizza Hut? More like pizza SHUT. The box. Because the pizza's disgusting.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Long John Silver's.

There used to be one on every corner in my neck of the woods. They are now few and far between and seeing one I didn't know existed is like hitting the lottery. I get whatever deal has the fish and chicken. I can't tell the difference in them, so I might as well get both. Fries are even decent. The rest of the sides are horrible and includes a brick of corn on the cob.

I went thru the drive thru at LJS once because I'd never had it and I'm pretty sure half the staff had died or something because it was at least a 40 minute wait while barely moving and I couldn't escape because of the concrete barrier corralling the cars in. The girl who was at the register looked like she was terrified out of her mind and could barely talk and the food was the absolute worst fast food I've ever had by the time I got home with it. It was probably the worst food experience I have ever had that I can remember 10/10 would go back for the horror show

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Yoshi Wins posted:

Five Star? More like you gotta go to five BARS before you can eat the pizza.

I mean typically we would order it at like 3 in the morning after a lot of drinking but it's still not bad sober.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I mean typically we would order it at like 3 in the morning after a lot of drinking but it's still not bad sober.

Yeah, it's actually alright. A roommate and I used to order jalapeño/pepperoni from them at like 4am. Good times.

Reject
Nov 4, 2002

the idea that someone would seek out five star pizza sober is insane to me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ruth's Chris is okay.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

PYROxSYCO posted:

Arby's

Red Lobster. We don't have one where I live (Thunder Bay, ON) but the places I go to on trips for concerts and visiting friends (Toronto and Minneapolis) both have them and I seem to always have a really nice meal.

I know in my mind it's not true high-end seafood, but I don't give a gently caress. Last time I went to the one in Minny I had a lobster tail, rice and asparagus with clam strips as a starter I split with friends, and it was really good. My friends had never been to one, and they were really impressed.

El Gallinero Gros has a new favorite as of 20:30 on Dec 10, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

There's this local chain of 24hr fast food/fast casual hybrid Tex Mex joints in the area. They're all owned by a Hispanic family and make the most kick rear end breakfast burritos.

$5 bucks gets you a massive gut bomb. Perfect for ending a week of 4x 12hr graveyard shifts.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Culver's since I moved to Virginia a decade ago and there aren't any here. But the quality gets worse the farther you get from Wisconsin, where they are based out of.

Single deluxe butter burger with American cheese
Diet root beer
Small turtle sundae

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Whooping Crabs posted:

Culver's since I moved to Virginia a decade ago and there aren't any here. But the quality gets worse the farther you get from Wisconsin, where they are based out of.

Single deluxe butter burger with American cheese
Diet root beer
Small turtle sundae

Oh man, my friends introduced me to Culver's on roadtrips to Minneapolis and it's the bomb. I don't care for their fries but they're not terrible, just never been a crinkle cut man.

Their sundaes are amazing and so are their milkshakes. Also, deep fried curds~!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Before they built a Carl's Jr. in my city I would make it a big deal to stop at the one in the Puerto Vallarta airport when departing.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
CookOut has a $5 combo with a double cheeseburger, fries, fried, okra, and root beer float. I don't usually eat fast food but whenever I get south enough in Virginia I admit to myself that I could never resist that meal.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
mcdonalds I like the big Mac sandwich

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
One of my coworkers said, "man on a first date I ain't taking her out to an expensive restaurant; McDonald's has the McPic 2 so that's what she's getting." I agreed and said I'd take a first date to Wendys cause they have the 99 cent menu and the crispy chicken sandwich is soooo good (I forgot to say this to them but I am informing you: when you're ordering, you have to tell them no mayo because the mayo is disgusting. And, while if you really want to splurge your date with a combo meal say no mayo as well. Wendys mayo is disgusting. ) This conversation started when one guy said he always takes his first dates to super fancy restaurants.

Then again, I just realized all my first dates involved them coming to my or their house and having sex. Maybe some food later, maybe not.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Every like once a year I will get a burger from Sonic and I'm not sure why. The other fast food places at least have a taste that is distinguishable from the rest but Sonic burgers seem to have basically no taste at all. In fact most of their food is weirdly tasteless

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Red Lobster. We don't have one where I live (Thunder Bay, ON) but the places I go to on trips for concerts and visiting friends (Toronto and Minneapolis) both have them and I seem to always have a really nice meal.

I know in my mind it's not true high-end seafood, but I don't give a gently caress. Last time I went to the one in Minny I had a lobster tail, rice and asparagus with clam strips as a starter I split with friends, and it was really good. My friends had never been to one, and they were really impressed.

also those decadent cheese biscuits

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Aesop Poprock posted:

Every like once a year I will get a burger from Sonic and I'm not sure why. The other fast food places at least have a taste that is distinguishable from the rest but Sonic burgers seem to have basically no taste at all. In fact most of their food is weirdly tasteless

I think Sonic is trying to edge in on buffets to get at the "large groups of midwestern people" market because that's the only way I can logic out having 500 menu items, none of which taste like anything.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Large groups of midwestern people or Groups of large midwestern people?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
If I’m going north, it’s White Castle. If I’m going south, it’s Krystal Burger and Waffle House.

I can eat a fuckton of them burgs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Admiral Bosch posted:

Bojangles anytime I go back home.

Helllll yeah, that's the one. When I visit home I get as much of that as possible. Gimme dem biscuits.

Also: Duck Donuts. Holy gently caress those are good. Probably best there isn't one near me because I'd eat it every god damned day.

• Locked thread