Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

ThomasPaine posted:

You got nandos over in the states? That's some great poo poo

Nandos is pretty damned good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

Nah they're all over DC. And maybe Chicago or Boston or something I think? I know I've seen several in DC though. But the fries are different. Or rather different to Australia, at least, which is the only other place I've had Nando's.

There's at least two in Chicago. One in Lakeview, across from the Trader Joe's (it's also next to Kuma's Too and Half Shell, so it has some really harsh competition for my love when I'm by there), and the other is in the same building as the Arclight, which makes it perfect for date nights. There might be more, but I haven't been to em.

iamjohnsalt posted:

Taco John's. I've only ever been to one but it's the best lovely food I've ever had. Anyone at Ft Hood should eat there.

This is also an incredibly on point answer. I haven't had them outside of southern Illinois and wish they'd spread further north. Terrific trashy tex mex, makes Taco Bell look so sad in comparison. Except I wouldn't call them "luxury". It's more like Great Steak & Potato Company or A&W, where they're really good and you don't see them everywhere, but they're not selling themselves with a kind of "luxury at an everyday price" promise. Taco Johns is more like "Buy a tub of Potato Oles while high, use your knuckles to get the last of the cheese sauce out of the little tub after you're finished. $2.50. You can pay in pennies if you want."

loving phenomenal though.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

gamingCaffeinator posted:

There's one in the ridiculously expensive outdoor mall not too far from where I live in the Western Suburbs, too. I have not been inside yet but it smells divine.

Yeah, both places I mentioned are in yuppie hoods (one is basically Lincoln Park and the other is a super mall that rich people live in, which is just so on the nose that I can't imagine it wasn't deliberately engineered as a Ballardian joke). Nandos in America is maybe like Stella Artois was for a while there.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

wtf is this poo poo

They must have changed it since I used to go there. Long John Silvers was a solemn place where the homeless, the poor and black men who didn't live close to a JJ Fish & Chicken all gathered to eat in musty silence.

Ooo JJ Fish & Chicken! I add JJ Fish & Chicken. You know you're getting good wings when they come draped with a single piece of white bread.

• Locked thread