Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Hihohe posted:

Every mr baest thumbnail i see his eyes are too white
Theres nothing there behind those eyes

I dont care if he cures cancer and destroys capitalism
That guy is a demon who feeds on souls

If he was a character in a novel who was secretly Satan, people would dismiss it for being too obvious. I mean, really, "Mr. Beast"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Hihohe posted:

a lot of the big youtubers have the same youtube thumbnail artist, and one thing they keep doing is dialling up the vibrance. something about the uncanny valley aspect that drives engagement i guess

https://twitter.com/Totema_art/status/1615772118754500608

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Hihohe posted:

The anti christ is gonna turn out to be real and it’ll be Mr Beast because reality is really loving stupid

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
a lot of big tubers also have an editor, it amazing how social media/pop media in general keeps tricking people into thinking these type of entertainment jobs are all one person ops(also ignore the nepo babies using their family wealth to brute force the first few years before they finally grow enough to be self sustaining)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

repiv posted:

if anyone was wondering how much effort goes into optimizing mrbeasts soyface

https://i.imgur.com/X4HmkOn.mp4

Great thumbnail, guys! Now let's do it happier, with mouth open

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

PhazonLink posted:

a lot of big tubers also have an editor, it amazing how social media/pop media in general keeps tricking people into thinking these type of entertainment jobs are all one person ops(also ignore the nepo babies using their family wealth to brute force the first few years before they finally grow enough to be self sustaining)

Even mid sized channels have editors and the really big ones often have an entire production team because they're multi-million dollar businesses. The Youtube channel Watcher (made up of ex BuzzFeed people) had over a dozen staff members listed on their last video and they recently announced that they're going to dump Youtube and start their own video subscription platform. (That announcement went ..... poorly.)

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

kliras posted:

i was wondering how it worked with all the samples required, but he basically does it through successive a/b tests of three random thumbnails

https://www.viewstats.com/@mrbeast/videos/Pv0iVoSZzN8

no idea whether vidiq supports multiple a/b tests like this

this is a really good tool

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

kliras posted:

a lot of the big youtubers have the same youtube thumbnail artist, and one thing they keep doing is dialling up the vibrance. something about the uncanny valley aspect that drives engagement i guess

https://twitter.com/Totema_art/status/1615772118754500608

NGL, I was a lot happier before I learned 'thumbnail artist' is a profession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Additionally, if you keep changing your thumbnail around there's also a good chance that some people might assume it's a new video and click on it again. :ssh:

That's my thinking too. Sometimes you'll see a thumbnail change within a few hours/days of a new video going up, but then other times you'll see old content with new a new thumb. I'm sure it's to keep a long tail of video engagement going but it also is one of the more fundamentally weird parts of the YouTube ecosystem.

Fakeedit: I fatfingered my phone to type "egosystem" and almost kept it in.