Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There are 274 episodes of Beverly hillbillies, at around 25 minutes each, that is a total of 114 hours and 10 minutes.

Therefore a mere 38 hours is quite reasonable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I assume it's an April Fools bit.

E: It is, but the video is actually that long and it's really a review of the show.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 4, 2024

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

John Wick of Dogs posted:

There are 274 episodes of Beverly hillbillies, at around 25 minutes each, that is a total of 114 hours and 10 minutes.

Therefore a mere 38 hours is quite reasonable

Lol, you did the same calculation I did. I was convinced there wasn't 38 hours of the show to watch.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

You could take a college course and actually learn something meaningful in the same amount of time they're spending on The Beverly Hillbillies.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so how many DVDs or bluerays would the whole series be? (normal credit for just SD videos, extra credit if you assume that some 4k/8K upscaling magics are used)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tarkus posted:

I understand the long 4-8 hour videos to try and monetize the people who sleep to videos, but 38 hours? Who the gently caress is going to watch that? Comatose patients, wtf? And Beverly Hillbillies? It was memorable only for being on at a time when there was gently caress all to watch.

The thesis of the video is that Beverly Hillbillies was the start a shared universe among seemingly unconnected TV shows and movies. I only watched the review of the first episode, so I don't know how that works. All I know is I want Ellie May to carry me around on her very strong shoulders.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Beverly Hillbillies seems kind of like a Ma and Pa Kettle ripoff

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Spoiler: you'd likely die, either from suffocating or CO2 poisoning

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Not the worst way to go.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Miyazaki called it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Df7RZagDM

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just "likely", huh :hmmwrong:

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

autoastic

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Don't let them near your heat cannon.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

This keeps showing up in my shorts recs and all I can see is a nude Morty facing away from the camera.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

god drat, that's the most cringe thing I've seen in weeks.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
schrödinger's clickbait

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

LifeSunDeath posted:

god drat, that's the most cringe thing I've seen in weeks.

idk the guy who sits in his car reviewing fast food bullshit is pretty cringe. i cant decide which one is more

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Tarkus posted:

I understand the long 4-8 hour videos to try and monetize the people who sleep to videos, but 38 hours? Who the gently caress is going to watch that? Comatose patients, wtf? And Beverly Hillbillies? It was memorable only for being on at a time when there was gently caress all to watch.

I can think of some reasons all revolving around not being home. But I'll bet that guy is just trying to capture whoever somehow needs the longest video on youtube without worrying about why.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah, maybe I'm going away for the weekend and I want my cats to not get lonely and also to know which episodes are the good ones.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

With sponsor block this video is only 14 seconds long.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Random Stranger posted:

With sponsor block this video is only 14 seconds long.

:bustem:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tarkus posted:

If you reeeeeeally want to know then the Online Creators thread in RGD has several years of lore about the guy but the basic gist is that he started out as a regular Youtube review guy but got his first big viral hit with a very long video and he just kept leaning into it harder and harder until it got to ridiculous levels

Also that Beverly Hillbillies video is apparently only part 1 of 2

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It was uploaded as an april fool's joke and it appears to be entirely his dad acually doing the video.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
A good chunk of YouTubers taking about YouTube personalities are very cringey. It's bad enough when it's Keem trying to do a Gossip/Helldump, it's even worse when it's people trying to "review the reviewers" (myself circa 2010 included)

I get it, YouTube is now in that "second generation" user, so the rule of nostalgia (current year minus eight, because a 10 year old is "at the peak of childhood" and when they turn 18 they are at the start of "the thing sucks compared to when I'm a kid, remember this?" kicks in)

I just see Quinton as a guy desperate to go on Channel Awesome and now Nebula.

And a good chunk of his material can be taken from something awful threads, especially Garfield Eats.

Also, while I'm sure his politics are good, that post 100k a month chapo Patreon when so many tried to do "leftist analysis" (see, Peter Coffin) is also a time I don't want to be reminded of, because it's just bare minimum LGBTQ Rights and the world is suffering through late stage capitalism, especially antibody trying to make "a living through content creation".

I will, however take that video about wanting the Garfield plush, because even though the vein of irony-poison, I do think he genuinely enjoyed getting an oversized stuffed animal, in a way that felt like a Brutalmoose bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpwJgRWkIUY

And to help:

TelevisedInsanity fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 11, 2024

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What about the doctor who is throwing crabs at me?