Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

If it's not click bait then sign me UP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Telebite posted:

yea he better hope they don't, those are termites

I've seen that thumbnail for some reason. It is termites.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Reaction videos are retarded. I don't wanna see some dipshit on youtube do a hammed up performance about the new characters in smash bros, or see how grampa would react to This Is America.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

oh gently caress lmao

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I am so sick of seeing this fucker now.

:same:

no one gives a gently caress that you legally analyze fiction.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

I'm pretty sure that letting YT know your not interested in something actually just makes it blow up your recs more.

Kind of crazy this random guys stupid vids are in all of our recommendations. wtf is up with that?

I've heard youtube's suggestion algorithm promotes divisive videos somewhat, but I've never looked into it so I could be wrong

Also, that lawyer guy's channel keeps showing up because that guy/whoever owns that channel is paying good money for exposure.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Putty posted:

How does one make an entire channel out of one lame concept

Well you see, most people think squirrels are boring and dumb tree rats, but ACTUALLY they are like real life Pokemon! Furthermore...

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I've seen a lot of "youtube" couples and whenever I look at them I can't help but image anything else but the fights they get into over gaining viewers and statistics. That seems so bleak and depressing I don't know why anyone would put their relationship through that.

It gets even darker if there are kids involved. :smith:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Furia posted:

excuse me?

A fortnite streamer left his mic on and it picked up him beating and harassing his wife and he was arrested, which goes to show that most people who stream are garbage people.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Augus posted:

Is this the new version of those creepy algorithm-generated kids videos

BIG STRONG Lion Rhino fight MASSIVE Hit Wild Animals African Grizzly Tough BITE Tiger Incredible POWER To the Death AMAZING Gator

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

I swear to god this thread is doing something to my Youtube recs because there's been like 5 times I've seen something in here and then it was in my recommendations right after. And I'm not even clicking on anything, just looking at thumbnails. Wtf

Yeah it does that, I am getting videos posted in this thread that would of never been recommended to me otherwise.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I was legit planning on dropping tons of Caillou Gets Grounded thumbnails and other such fare.

Seriously there are thousands and thousands of those videos???

Yeah I assume it's just a bunch of obsessed children. the In the back of my mind I wonder if it was the precursor for all those super weird and creepy youtube kids videos, but I seriously doubt it is.

"caillou you are grounded for 2190310924790174390473209476903298469328432 hours"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3jy2bvdIxU&t=209s

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Plant MONSTER. posted:

What do you mean by super weird and creepy kids videos?

The daddy finger songs, "toys in japan" channel, and baby mickey and minnie getting hurt.

these ones

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Julius CSAR posted:

Sorry I made fun of the buzzfeed guy

I'm with you, the try guys have the most punchable faces.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Did Elmo's father, who is a soldier who fought in Afghanistan and/or Iraq, ever appear in the actual Sesame Street or was he just in these special episodes they screen to military kids?

I have no idea, I didn't even know elmo had a father. When I was a kid watching sesame street I assumed elmo didn't have parents and just came into existence on his own and never aged, like some sort of mythical entity, or peewee herman. But apparently his uncle (elmo has an uncle too I guess) Jack died and elmo is having a hard time conceptualizing death.

Also elmo's dad looks like Guy Fieri :wtc:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

lmao

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

So is it some subconscious thing youtubers are learning to tap in on that, if you have an annoying or punchable face or make an aggravating expression, you'll get more views?

Like almost every big youtuber I've seen always choose the most irritating expressions for there thumbnails (like that horrible try guys mega meme vid)

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

He looks like a pile of instant mash potatoes with loose fitting cloths throw on it. Like he doesn't even have legs, he has a base.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Issy posted:

RLM is trash.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

hell ye

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I hope this man has to watch his son get colorectal cancer and die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nND0BzIXQbg

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Issy posted:

Cancer has a color?
flushed to pale salmon

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

dang that is a big croc they caught I hope they are safe!!!

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

HOLY poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

$5 says he is a regular poster on /k/ and also a Nazi.