Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Sancho Banana posted:

What's even the point of a strike if it's so small and Israel doesn't take credit for it (yet)? Just to probe Iran's air defense?

i think its just to sate some sort of death drive ego for the israels just to say they did something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

What's even the point of a strike if it's so small and Israel doesn't take credit for it (yet)? Just to probe Iran's air defense?

thats my worry actually. israel would have gained some intel from where/how those drones were shot down leading them to think they can send real stuff but i am tired drunk and bitter

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

drat nice zero tolerance no more strategic patience policy, Iran

I now wonder what would constitute a retaliation requiring attack. Just flinging explosive ordnance at their borders is fine it seems.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Middle East crisis live: No plan for immediate retaliation against Israel, senior Iranian official says after blasts reported near Isfahan https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...f08771b224256b7

almost every single day the guardian publishes an article saying that Hamas is about to suddenly surrender with huge concessions Israelis, so I wouldn’t believe a single thing these guys say

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Jel Shaker posted:

almost every single day the guardian publishes an article saying that Hamas is about to suddenly surrender with huge concessions Israelis, so I wouldn’t believe a single thing these guys say

I stumbled across a podcast with a former Newsnight presenter talking to a guy named Ali Ansari about the attacks last weekend, and it sounds a lot like the Russia commentary of 2022.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Al-Saqr posted:

call me cynical but iran wont save rafah, i think iran is mostly interested in solidifying their holdings from Iran to the mideterranean, gaza doesnt really factor into their most important interests.

Change thread title to Operation Human Shield

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Freezer posted:

just read this crazy Clancy-esque theory, and even tough I don’t believe it , it’s my duty to share because lol of true.

quote:

Although the Israelis have not yet taken responsibility for anything, the U.S quickly stated that it was Israeli through multiple outlets. I will put forward a wild theory here:

Israel didn’t even know this was happening, the U.S used their many proxies in the area to send out a couple small drones and have Iranian air defence engage them. Then within seconds jumped and said it was Israel, in an attempt to stop the Israelis from actually committing a mistake by striking something they shouldn’t have. Which makes sense why they started saying it was with “missiles” and “fighter jets” and all that, just to sell it. Poor zios, thrown under the bus pretty much.

I believe this now.

Israel still hasn't taken credit despite having been public about doing the retaliation.

It's day in Iran and there should be photos of damage by now. Israel can't do their attack now because it couldn't be seen as justifiable to the world who can tolerate one attack, but not two.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

that seems extremely stupid and risky and doesn't guarantee israel won't just do something crazy anyway, but it would go a ways to explain the muted response from iran

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol if america risked WW3 by doing the same mistake their rabid client state was about to on a smaller scale that was guaranteed to fail to save them from themselves, what an incredible tom clancy conspiracy.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sancho Banana posted:

I guess they're trying to do the minimal strike that will invite an Iranian response so they can have the US and euros fight WW3 for them? Though lol if it was the Americans doing PR jutsu on them

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Al-Saqr posted:

lol if america risked WW3 by doing the same mistake their rabid client state was about to on a smaller scale that was guaranteed to fail to save them from themselves, what an incredible tom clancy conspiracy.

If it was america, they almost certainly told iran about it.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
that is hilarious. too good to be true though. coming from america

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
"yeah i am sure genocide joe is playing 4d chess here to prevent war with iran" - wise analyst

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

What woman did FF feel the need to post about and catapult us into this new reality?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

ded redd posted:

that seems extremely stupid and risky and doesn't guarantee israel won't just do something crazy anyway, but it would go a ways to explain the muted response from iran

It seems like if that was the US plan it'd be the kind of thing you'd let Iran know about in advance through backchannels.

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

"yeah i am sure genocide joe is playing 4d chess here to prevent war with iran" - wise analyst

I mean does anyone believe Joe is in charge of anything at all?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Communist Thoughts posted:

What woman did FF feel the need to post about and catapult us into this new reality?

Princess diane

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

So overnight the Iranians turned this “attack” into a meme of sorts lol.

https://x.com/bintezainbiyoun/status/1781205939619582160?s=46

https://x.com/safarnejad_ir/status/1781223468815507679?s=46

https://x.com/snarwani/status/1781258597101424858?s=46

And the, “hello my enemies” guy said it perfectly

https://x.com/aliimortada/status/1781255490963460187?s=46

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1781232437193854976

Apropos of nothing...

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Wait so it was a nothingburger after all? Disappointed to hear that the idf is still going to carry out their genocide

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

goons and redditors seem to share whatever mental illness it is that makes people confidently pop off with absolutely zero knowledge of a situation. such as iran being bitchmade for not starting ww3 over a couple of drones that didn't do anything. i wish i was a better wordsmith so i could better describe this mindset. it's like some really weird kind of pigheadedness and it makes me want to vomit blood

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Biden is FURIOUS!!

====

‎Biden mulls sending new weapons to Israel‎
‎Reuters reported that US President Joe Biden is considering sending more than a billion dollars in new weapons to Israel.‎

‎The United States is Israel's biggest military and diplomatic backer, and research by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute showed that 69 percent of Israel's arms purchases come from U.S. companies.‎

‎Wall Street Journal: US arms deal to Israel will be the largest since the war began‎
‎The Wall Street Journal on US officials:‎

‎The Biden administration is considering arms deals for Israel worth more than a billion dollars.‎
‎Israel's arms deal includes tank ammunition, military vehicles and mortars.‎
‎The proposed arms transfers to Israel would be the largest since the war began.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%83%D9%8A%D8%A9

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jonah Galtberg posted:

goons and redditors seem to share whatever mental illness it is that makes people confidently pop off with absolutely zero knowledge of a situation. such as iran being bitchmade for not starting ww3 over a couple of drones that didn't do anything. i wish i was a better wordsmith so i could better describe this mindset. it's like some really weird kind of pigheadedness and it makes me want to vomit blood

if an otherwise credible source of news claims that the rabid fascist state that's never exercised a moment of restraint decided to do something incredibly stupid due to a lack of restraint, why is it mental illness to take them at their word and not simply taking a completely plausible turn of events at face value?

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

Jonah Galtberg posted:

There's a genocide happening that I help pay for.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

if an otherwise credible source of news claims that the rabid fascist state that's never exercised a moment of restraint decided to do something incredibly stupid due to a lack of restraint, why is it mental illness to take them at their word and not simply taking a completely plausible turn of events at face value?

im gonna bring up a lung

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jonah Galtberg posted:

its called posting. Now, are you with us son?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Homeless Friend posted:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I'm already pooping my lungs out and puking my colon out because of all this popping off posting.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Iran seems pretty determined to downplay this and not take the bait, and they don’t have internal pressures to do so.

I’d like to believe that if Israel escalated again because they seem determined to open a second front somewhere that it would provoke a harsher response given just how reckless they’re getting but lol

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

CheetoVonTito posted:

And the, “hello my enemies” guy said it perfectly

https://x.com/aliimortada/status/1781255490963460187?s=46
This guy rules, lmao. Here's my transcription of what he said:

quote:

Hello my enemies, sorry you have a very very very bad day. I'm very sad. I'm sorry for your army. I'm sorry for your government. I think that you have, the Israeli people, you must have somebody brave, who has the balls to respond correctly, reply correctly, but...

We hit you now. We just hit you. (laughs). Iranians have attacked you by 100 drones and 100 missiles launched from Iran. You respond by a small group inside Iran launch some drones are used in weddings. Is this the army you want to put all your belief in it to protect you? After 7 months my enemies, 7 months, in Gaza, Hamas still fighting. From Lebanon, we just hit you. Yesterday, we between kill and injure 19 soldiers, Israeli soldiers. Iran has attacked you with a big attack, the biggest in the whole history by drones and missiles! And this is what your army do?

They are mocking you. The Arab people, we are mocking you. In Lebanon we are mocking you. I want to tell you that.

You have two choices. Either make the army grow balls and level up, level up. We expect a strong enemy. This is a weak enemy. This army? This army you trust in? You are dead. So run, run from now, because if this is your army that you believe in, and this is the government that you believe in, you will never be there anymore (dusts hands)! So run from now with your dignity. Why go up? Go to another country, steal another house, and steal another land, and repeat yourself in another place. I'm advising you. So take the advice before you regret. Take care.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Homeless Friend posted:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Jonah Galtberg posted:

an inability to assess the evidentiary value of the available information, and not speak when it's poor.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
My conspiracy: this false flag was plated by Iranian intelligence themselves. They wanted to condition the public that Israeli attacks are toothless and Iran doesn't need to respond to tiny attacks. It also makes Iran look good and also the adult in the room.

Its my wild guess. :shrug:

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
The guesses here and on reddit are about as good as mine (which is that everyone basically did what they intended, but extra-dimensional aliens and/or all the gods of earth swooped in and dismantled the nukes Israel fired before they could go off)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Israel moved on Iran like a bitch

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Zodium posted:

an inability to assess the evidentiary value of the available information, and not speak when it's poor.

zodium, thank you

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

*foolishly*

I’m going to remove all doubt here.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Zodium posted:

breathlessly reposting any obviously fake blue check tweet if it's in all caps + has a picture is good actually

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

stephenthinkpad posted:

My conspiracy: this false flag was plated by Iranian intelligence themselves. They wanted to condition the public that Israeli attacks are toothless and Iran doesn't need to respond to tiny attacks. It also makes Iran look good and also the adult in the room.

Its my wild guess. :shrug:

How did they get to the Americans though?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

goons and redditors seem to share whatever mental illness it is that makes people confidently declare their perfect 20/20 hindsight and their cool judgment. such as people rushing to post based on incomplete knowledge in the heat of the moment. i wish i was a better wordsmith so i could better describe this mindset. it's like some really weird kind of arrogance it makes me want to vomit blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the wise man shook his head and said

"having no information is the exact same thing as having all the information, you fools, you loving idiot fools"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)