Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
You know what this thread needs? A post about cybernetics

Real hurthling! posted:

cnn saying initial construction on the gaza pier has begun at sea

Yep, there's an actual pier built at the end of Israel's road dividing Gaza. It's already come under mortar attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Captain America rewrites going well.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Joementum posted:

there's only one way this is going to end and the administration at those schools need to be prosecuted for what they've done

https://twitter.com/IUonStrike/status/1783620195581350102

When I was just scrolling by this thread I just assumed this was some picture of israeli snipers in the west bank or gaza, until I started reading.

Snipers on college roofs for a bunch of 19 year olds sitting in tents for a couple weeks before they'll all go home for the summer anyways? Deranged.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Robviously posted:

Roof Cop's afraid to leave his roof!

raze the roof

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tom Guycot posted:

When I was just scrolling by this thread I just assumed this was some picture of israeli snipers in the west bank or gaza, until I started reading.

Snipers on college roofs for a bunch of 19 year olds sitting in tents for a couple weeks before they'll all go home for the summer anyways? Deranged.

This is normal, there have been police snipers at pretty much every college football game for years.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Tom Guycot posted:

Cops put snipers on the roof to watch over Spring Break.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Cops put snipers on the roof to watch over Spring Break.

That doesn't make it a good thing lol, it's bonkers insanity

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

500excf type r posted:

That doesn't make it a good thing lol, it's bonkers insanity

Yeah it's a bonkers police state

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

gently caress you roof cop

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

those roof snipers were a regular occurence during the yellow vest stuff

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

hadji murad posted:

is that the ohio state?

writers really running on fumes, rebooting old ideas

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Robviously posted:

Lol

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Joementum posted:

there's only one way this is going to end and the administration at those schools need to be prosecuted for what they've done

https://twitter.com/Liz_Andromeda/status/1783618711137505445

What the gently caress

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Robviously posted:

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Twerk from Home posted:

This is normal, there have been police snipers at pretty much every college football game for years.

Why do they have so many rifles there? Is this like golf clubs?

"Ah, lets see, crosswind at 7 mph, protestor is at the 80 yard line. Hand me the Colt Chestburster."

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

I keep seeing Zionist students lie about poo poo said to them on college campuses to various news channels. You know they're scared as poo poo because they're projecting their hate and racism onto others and crying wolf.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I saw 6 Blackhawks lining up to land at Burbank airport. Very unusual imo, I never see more than a couple and rarely at that.

Military crackdown coming

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

Twerk from Home posted:

roll tide

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Joementum posted:

https://twitter.com/Liz_Andromeda/status/1783618711137505445

they're going to kill a jewish student and then smear them as an anti semite

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

now, now, those aren't college town police snipers on the roof, those are officers from the college town special response team that have a number of different tools, and one of them is a sniper rifle

(from December: https://www.cambridgeday.com/2023/12/19/armed-officers-on-a-rooftop-were-not-snipers-commissioner-says-and-were-there-to-protect/)

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

socrates: ...and it is an evil to do harm even to one who has done you harm? except the idf, everyone in the idf must die.

glaucon: truly spoken

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The Voice of Labor posted:

gently caress you roof cop

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

it would be funny if those cops fell off the roof

for the purposes of actionability let's say i hope they land on a pile of whoopie cushions

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

now, now, those aren't college town police snipers on the roof, those are officers from the college town special response team that have a number of different tools, and one of them is a sniper rifle

(from December: https://www.cambridgeday.com/2023/12/19/armed-officers-on-a-rooftop-were-not-snipers-commissioner-says-and-were-there-to-protect/)

This is such galaxy brained stupidity. :psyduck:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Twerk from Home posted:

perfectly normal and sane

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

loving sickening. i hate everything about this

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Owlbear Camus posted:

it would be funny if those cops fell off the roof

for the purposes of actionability let's say i hope they land on a pile of whoopie cushions

Why not the third Defenestration of Prague situation with piles of manure? :thunk:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I am not quite sure how you imagine Israel going the way of Rhodesia.

Jordan and Egypt have more firmly entrenched with Israel post October 7th. Assad has been putting out feelers he may be willing to stop the boycott and warm relations with Israel in exchange for recognition of his government ( also there have been several CIA leaks suggesting Israel/Syria have been on friendly terms for awhile now and the public perception is a smokescreen ). The Sauds are openly stating that as soon as Israel finishes up in Gaza it's more then happy to continue building it's new relations. Outside of a few minor nations, more and more of the Middle East has been giving up on the Palestinians and switching to more pro Israel rhetoric.

Hamas does not have the conventional power to damage Israel in any real meaningful way. I do not think a second October 7th would go well for them either. You speak of them being a pariah state, but we are approaching a point this is meaningless. Spain got in trouble for speaking up ( but kudos for them for actually continuing to push ). The Irish PM that was openly pro Palestine stepped down due to other issues, and Ireland will likely back off during it's power struggles. I think Biden has shown his cards. For the most part the nations of the world have made it quite clear they don't care about the Palestinians, and are waiting for this to be over so they can go back to the status quo/move on.

We talk about how the youth are being radicalized in Palestine, but this is a moot point when Israel has made it clear it's objective is genocide and in 10-20 years Gaza and the West Bank will look marginally worse then they are today.

Rhodesia fell because it was an extreme minority ( 200-300k whites, maybe 5-10k serving ) vs the legitimate population of the region ( 5 million +, including folks from bordering regions. ). In Israel-Palestine Israeli's are the majority. 10 million people live in Israel, compared to 2 million in Gaza and 3 million in the West Bank. This isn't even counting an additional 2 million Palestinians that count themselves as Israelis now according to various census. A grand uprising will be crushed. Future attacks will lead to future purges like this. The rest of the Middle East will not step up to defend Palestine. And the global community will not broker a deal that's not in Israel's favor. Neither the US nor Russia is willing to lose Israel as an ally, or push it further into the arms of their rival.

The current best long term option for Palestine is for for the Spanish/Irish push to recognize Palestine getting turned into a more global movement to force Israel to back the gently caress off and force them to actually treat with Palestine at the proverbial table. But even these motions won't lead to the dissolution of Israel, it'll lead to Palestine being declared a state alongside Israel and likely keep current borders. It'd be a miracle if someone could argue the '67 borders, and it'd require a serious humbling of Israel we haven't seen happen yet. Ultimately might makes right at the global stage and Palestine will likely have to take a lovely deal to get this to stop. Hopefully one that's contingent on UN/EU overwatch of the borders or else Israel will just keep gobbling up territory through settlers.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

rudecyrus posted:

loving sickening. i hate everything about this

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

So there seems to be a hezbollah attack in the north
https://x.com/efpconnoisseur/status/1783637656821240145?s=46

But an explosion and fire in eilat? Do I sense the Houthis?
https://x.com/me_observer_/status/1783631604721627275?s=46

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

RC Cola posted:

Jordan and Egypt have more firmly entrenched with Israel post October 7th. Assad has been putting out feelers he may be willing to stop the boycott and warm relations with Israel in exchange for recognition of his government ( also there have been several CIA leaks suggesting Israel/Syria have been on friendly terms for awhile now and the public perception is a smokescreen ). The Sauds are openly stating that as soon as Israel finishes up in Gaza it's more then happy to continue building it's new relations. Outside of a few minor nations, more and more of the Middle East has been giving up on the Palestinians and switching to more pro Israel rhetoric.

Hamas does not have the conventional power to damage Israel in any real meaningful way. I do not think a second October 7th would go well for them either. You speak of them being a pariah state, but we are approaching a point this is meaningless. Spain got in trouble for speaking up ( but kudos for them for actually continuing to push ). The Irish PM that was openly pro Palestine stepped down due to other issues, and Ireland will likely back off during it's power struggles. I think Biden has shown his cards. For the most part the nations of the world have made it quite clear they don't care about the Palestinians, and are waiting for this to be over so they can go back to the status quo/move on.

We talk about how the youth are being radicalized in Palestine, but this is a moot point when Israel has made it clear it's objective is genocide and in 10-20 years Gaza and the West Bank will look marginally worse then they are today.

Rhodesia fell because it was an extreme minority ( 200-300k whites, maybe 5-10k serving ) vs the legitimate population of the region ( 5 million +, including folks from bordering regions. ). In Israel-Palestine Israeli's are the majority. 10 million people live in Israel, compared to 2 million in Gaza and 3 million in the West Bank. This isn't even counting an additional 2 million Palestinians that count themselves as Israelis now according to various census. A grand uprising will be crushed. Future attacks will lead to future purges like this. The rest of the Middle East will not step up to defend Palestine. And the global community will not broker a deal that's not in Israel's favor. Neither the US nor Russia is willing to lose Israel as an ally, or push it further into the arms of their rival.

The current best long term option for Palestine is for for the Spanish/Irish push to recognize Palestine getting turned into a more global movement to force Israel to back the gently caress off and force them to actually treat with Palestine at the proverbial table. But even these motions won't lead to the dissolution of Israel, it'll lead to Palestine being declared a state alongside Israel and likely keep current borders. It'd be a miracle if someone could argue the '67 borders, and it'd require a serious humbling of Israel we haven't seen happen yet. Ultimately might makes right at the global stage and Palestine will likely have to take a lovely deal to get this to stop. Hopefully one that's contingent on UN/EU overwatch of the borders or else Israel will just keep gobbling up territory through settlers.

ur right they should just lay down & die

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Complications posted:

Why do they have so many rifles there? Is this like golf clubs?

"Ah, lets see, crosswind at 7 mph, protestor is at the 80 yard line. Hand me the Colt Chestburster."

do you not see how many people they have to shoot?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

everyone in the idf must die and israel must fall

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

RC Cola posted:

The idea that Syria is going to give up on the Golan Heights for normalisation with a country that routinely bombs them, at the point where Israel is at its lowest, and is currently at war with Syria's most effective allied fighting force in Hezbollah is dumb as gently caress. Whatever you're reading is garbage and you should feel bad.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

syq posting is actually quite annoying

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yeah thats another syq

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
https://twitter.com/BAPAtlanta/status/1783670012080718322

Cool. Just every single person in authority in america is captured lol.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

uncritical support to student protestors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1783550161949487521

🚨 Senior Israeli: The War Cabinet authorized the negotiation team to hold talks with the Egyptian delegation that will arrive in Israel tomorrow with the aim of reaching a deal for the release of hostages
🚨 A second senior Israeli official said that during the war cabinet meeting, Shin Bet chief Ronan Bar and Major General Nitzan Alon presented proposals for additional flexibility that Israel could make in order to try and reach a deal that would gain the approval of Hamas

🚨 Israel is willing to consider the release of only about 20 hostages as part of a deal with Hamas and not 40 as it demanded in the past, senior Israeli officials said
🚨 The Israeli officials said that the Israeli negotiation team made it clear to the members of the War Cabinet that Hamas defines only about 20 abductees as being included in a humanitarian category that includes women, men over 50 and abductees in serious health condition
🚨 This is a significant change in the Israeli position. Israel has so far defined about 40 abductees under this category, but in recent weeks it has become clear that the gap on the issue with Hamas cannot be bridged