Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
https://vxtwitter.com/TalibanPRD__/status/1726615183613702349?t=YnToH3QGNv3REE02jWh4Zg&s=19

The Taliban noticed us

Edit: parody, jokes, not real

Puppy Burner has issued a correction as of 23:14 on Nov 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

o_____o

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

:hmmyes:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Pookah posted:

The 'reportedly' wasn't him telling us kids poo poo, it was contemporary news reports from the 1920s.

how far was a mile back then?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Pookah posted:

The 'reportedly' wasn't him telling us kids poo poo, it was contemporary news reports from the 1920s.
Why would a grandpa be telling tiny kids about violent poo poo they'd done 70 years earlier?
I don't want to get too detailed, but the man has a Wikipedia page detailing his actions at the time.

We've literally had the former Irish Minister for Justice call us on the phone to get info on what Grandad was up to.

We didn't tell him poo poo.

Five miles is 8046.72 meters
The longest reported world record sniper shot is (supposedly) a Ukrainian sniper at 4023.36 meters. With a modern sniper rifle. lmfao.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
nobody is saying your grandpa wasn't badass btw, it's just that 5 miles with iron sights is literally impossible

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Red Baron posted:

it’s amazing to me that the US will lose the front in Ukraine because they can’t do anything but fully support Israel in this insane war. it’s clear they can’t hold both lines, and it’s clear which side they’ll pick.

several houses in my neighborhood already re-painted their mailbox from yellow/blue to blue/white lol

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

FlapYoJacks posted:

Five miles is 8046.72 meters
The longest reported world record sniper shot is (supposedly) a Ukrainian sniper at 4023.36 meters. With a modern sniper rifle. lmfao.

pookah's pappy was codenamed "the banshee of inisherin"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pookah posted:

Why would a grandpa be telling tiny kids about violent poo poo they'd done 70 years earlier?
I don't want to get too detailed, but the man has a Wikipedia page detailing his actions at the time.

We've literally had the former Irish Minister for Justice call us on the phone to get info on what Grandad was up to.

5 miles lol

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Sorry your grandpa's are weak rear end pussy American failures.
Get better grandpas.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Israel is bad

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Pookah posted:

You already got detailed. Link the wiki.

I’ll even go first!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_recorded_sniper_kills

please note that every one of these is substantially less than five miles.

e: DTI, DTA

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

smoobles posted:

Israel is bad

it must be destroyed, completely

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

smoobles posted:

Israel is bad

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
The trick to making a 5 mile sniper shot is to have another guy shoot from much closer while you make a big fuss about how good your sniping is.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Do you have a little humanity in you? Would you like some?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1723971340825186754

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Speleothing posted:

The trick to making a 5 mile sniper shot is to have another guy shoot from much closer while you make a big fuss about how good your sniping is.

ah, the second shooter theorem once again proves to be correct

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
The Ghost of Dublin

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Speleothing posted:

I remember this trick when Grand Admiral Thrawn used it.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

paul_soccer12 posted:

in the canadian civil war my grandfather noscoped himself in the back of the head with a record 40,000 km shot. he was posthumously awarded the medal of truth
The bullet actually traveled backwards in time because of the international date line, brother.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
xX360NOSCOPINGRANPAXx

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I believe in your grampa op

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Edit: never mind, gently caress this burger-rear end thread.

The US is the single worst loving country that has ever existed, and its citizens are an expression of that profound shittiness.

DTA
DTI

Pookah has issued a correction as of 22:58 on Nov 20, 2023

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol the taliban is going woke

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/TalibanPRD__/status/1726625788391477342

lmfao

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Hitler only had one ball. My grandpa had the other one. in a jar. he used to show it to us.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

pretty funny that even with this ridiculous wording, the ceasefire is the preferred option for americans

we love to root for the underdog

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

many people are saying this, huge crowds

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

sound out the account name

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Fallen IDF Golani trooper "Yoav Tzuker" has ejaculated a stunning 5 liters, Eli reportedly ran out of bottles to store the sacred liquids. They're calling him "The fountain of Ashdod"

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol omg, that’s a serious intellectual enquiry

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Halloween Jack posted:

The bullet actually traveled backwards in time because of the international date line, brother.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

frankly an epic post I'm not even being ironic

poo poo rules

e: I got got but I still agree with the premise poo poo rules

hubris.height has issued a correction as of 23:18 on Nov 20, 2023

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

lmao

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
I just killed a man with iron sights from a distance of 5 miles, and boy are my arms tired!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

open the borders so the taliban can go help the palestinians imo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

details on the ceasefire deal have leaked

5 days no shooting and no air flyovers, 50 Israeli hostages for 300 Palestinians, all women & children - 10 Israelis & 30 Palestinians exchanged each day.

no word yet if Hamas accepts the terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pookah posted:

bro your grandpa is telling some irish lies