Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
wasn't england a vassal of france in those days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

MightyBigMinus posted:

do you think he's a dog thats a gun, like a nazi trained german shepard

or a gun thats for dogs, like a cop

Going by his username I can only assume he enjoys shooting dogs, which I find deeply concerning.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

DogGunn posted:

To be honest, I'll take my leave like the USS Ike and get out of here. It's clear this is a circle jerk I won't be able to join.

You've succeeded, I'll give you that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:byewhore:

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

the crusades were explicity and violently anti-jewish, which makes that level of ignorance even funnier

Only registered members can see post attachments!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

Playtime is over.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Lin-Manuel Turtle posted:

If you are a moron you might think all this conflict must be from the eternal ancient religious wars of the Middle East and nothing to do with the colonial machinations of the last few hundred years.

Breathe easy Dog of the Empire, your big boat will soon bring you home where your Captain can restock on the cookies and marvel movies that feed your dumb face.

LMM with another banger

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

lmao that was a fun incursion, let’s not let him in again tho.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Tankbuster posted:

Playtime is over.

*seeing an Arab child on the street* why do I hear epic music

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tankbuster posted:

Not really, the Duke of Normandy became the king of England and only technically still had fealty to the king of France

So at least some of the historic enmity between the two nations was just different French people having a disagreement

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

dog guy played cnc generals and believed it was actual history

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
even germany tried to get into the crusades, thankfully their leader drowned because he was too fat and full of poo poo to swim

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Butter Activities posted:

I’m just still floored there’s an MCU superhero named after an actual mass slaughter perpetrated by the side they’re supposed to represent as a good guy. I should not have opened my phone before getting out of bed

Sabra is a term for Israeli born and has been in use since the early Zionist aliyah, like very early 20th century, it's why you have poo poo like a multinational hummus company called it... any relation to a massacre is coincidence assisted by the fact that Israel sure has done a lot of massacres

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Butter Activities posted:

Holy poo poo there’s an Israeli marvel character named Sabra?

We really are living in the fourth reich. Thats like having a German character named Auschwitz

The sad thing is I think she started out as a z-list villain in an Incredible Hulk comic, but then time passed and by the 90's they decided she was morally grey, then 9/11 happened and then they decided she was a hero actually!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Sabra is a term for Israeli born and has been in use since the early Zionist aliyah, like very early 20th century, it's why you have poo poo like a multinational hummus company called it... any relation to a massacre is coincidence assisted by the fact that Israel sure has done a lot of massacres

I know but I’m just saying if there was an American slang like a “wounded knee” I wouldn’t name a superhero after it unless I was trying to make it like, a bad guy and draw historical parallels once I hear there was a huge massacre there.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
lmfao at the fact that sabra means both israel born and prickly pear.

prickly pears arent native to the area!

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

So they gassed him to death?
Am I the only one seeing the irony here?

Ik edit link break and spoiler embedded tweet video of someone getting gassed to death by the idf

https://x.c om/a bab99s/status/1784198579659084 027?s=46

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has issued a correction as of 15:57 on Apr 27, 2024

Strangelet Wave
Nov 6, 2004

Surely you're joking!

Al-Saqr posted:

you know THE Jihads, the ones, those over there.

naturally, if the crusades were bad, then there must also have been some other equally bad things that the other side did, because otherwise the situation in the region wouldn’t be nuanced & complicated

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

moths posted:

"Perhaps you haven't read their flag," shouts Israel, over bulldozers concealing hospital staff in another mass grave.

"They curse us for this."

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
cspam bricked another dog

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

CheetoVonTito posted:

This is a video of someone dying.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Al-Saqr posted:

you know THE Jihads, the ones, those over there.

Hmm sounds scary… and brown

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the houthis have published video of them taking out the MQ-9 reaper

===

https://x.com/Nasr_Amer1/status/1784229873130557735

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

How about the hundreds of Palestinian thrown into administrative detention with no ability to even find out why

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

israelis think the only solution against hizbullah is to escalate

=====

IDF official: Escalation is the way out of Hezbollah’s trap

“The way out of the Lebanese Hezbollah trap is the escalation for calm,” an army official was quoted by the Israeli broadcaster as saying.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31587;&%231591;

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Al-Saqr posted:

the houthis have published video of them taking out the MQ-9 reaper

===

https://x.com/Nasr_Amer1/status/1784229873130557735

:911: :d2a:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

CheetoVonTito posted:

We're having tough conversations with Israel about this. We've asked them to investigate this and implement steps to prevent this from happening again. And we stand by Israel's right to defend itself.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

Other way around, buddy

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

israelis think the only solution against hizbullah is to escalate

=====

IDF official: Escalation is the way out of Hezbollah’s trap

“The way out of the Lebanese Hezbollah trap is the escalation for calm,” an army official was quoted by the Israeli broadcaster as saying.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31587;&%231591;

'escalation for calm' lmao

'the way out of this hole is to dig straight down'

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Extremely angry that a bunch of desert tribesmen busy fighting the full might of the imperial forces of the globe aren’t woke

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the irony is the worst part

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

DogGunn posted:

Loads of cultural and religious wars that stem back centuries.

I do wanna zero in on this because this is a racist funny way to say "when Arabs tried to have self determination after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire the British et al hosed them over"

Ash1138 posted:

trolled too close to the sun

no one is this ignorant about history

or are they?

I might have mentioned this but I met someone who was only recently made aware that Israel was a recently founded country and not a direct continuation of the biblical kingdom

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Spoondick posted:

the crusades were explicity and violently anti-jewish, which makes that level of ignorance even funnier

Oh yeah that's the other thing that annoys me about the "ancient religious wars" thing- the only thing making this conflict "complicated" is the centuries of persecution of Jews by Europeans! But no all those ethnic religious conflicts are just for Muslims and Jews, we enlightened Europeans are long past such things

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Truga posted:

uncritical support for ansar allah

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

lmao at the thread title

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I literally lolled at that question. Incredible stuff

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
jihad me at hello

speng31b
May 8, 2010

hadji murad posted:

jihad me at hello

lol

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

DogGunn posted:

What western countries existed during the Jihads and Crusades?

How much time do you have?

e: Missed flag chat. Yes, what western flags are tied to wars of religion? How obscene!

Those Arabs can't put the past behind them, unlike the enlightened secular liberals of Quebec, Florida, and Bavaria.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 16:28 on Apr 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
well we know that ukraine existed back then and was full of vikings.