Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Pooky posted:

i don't see the child massacre in western media yet. excited to see how they handle this one.

No one will report on it. Or if they do, they will take all the dead kids, add one dead Israeli soldier to the total, and then say 'X Israelis and Palestinians died today during a deadly fight with the terrorists Hamas'. Its the same way theyve reported every Israeli massacre that has ever been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

translation please

poster man talked about leftism while making a deece six figgies but not paying his maid. Truly the most left it is possible to be

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I would like to express my formal support for the Palestinian people and a sincere hope that the IDF fails at every task and the Israeli state collapses

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

galagazombie posted:

It’s morbid but is there any realistic chance of Gaza not being fully genocided now? I’m legit worried this is the moment where the IDF goes scrorched earth and flattens the strip and every man woman and child in it.

The choice was always between a slow despairing genocide or a quick violent genocide

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Syphon Filter

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

Not historical but there is that much repeated story about the US War game where the general assigned to the insurgent side did a bunch of tricky stuff with low tech and they effectively won and then the game was stopped

The general involved here was cheating because he was mad at command. He claimed his bike messengers couldnt be intercepted, had 100% success rate, and also traveled at some absurd speed. His small boat flotilla carried bombs that weighed as much as the boats themselves and also couldnt be intercepted. The whole exercise was a farce and the only conclusion that can be drawn from it is that most US war game exercises are probably also farces but not quite funny enough to draw attention

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm behind by like a thousand posts what the gently caress happened in the last ten hours

Hamas launched a massive coordinated attack on Israel and, at the moment, appear to be winning. So far we've got some absolutely wild poo poo, like Hamas gliding into IDF bases and commandeering tanks, Israel retaliating by destroying whole apartment complexes, calls for the nuclear annihilation of what remains of Palestine, and some very mundane poo poo like the crying from liberals that Palestine was on the path to peace for real this time and should have just kept sitting in their prisons a little while longer and how violence is never the answer

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Torpor posted:

how the hell the current Israeli government survives this I don’t know. looking at the videos coming out of this, it’s catastrophic for the Israeli side. how do you lose military bases and how does your checkpoint into Gaza get overrun with your soldiers not making it out of their bunks?

The IDF are murderous thugs who were only trained to bully others from positions of unassailable strength. They have no idea how to handle someone fighting back when they don't have a legion of snipers at the ready to murder any child with a rock who strays too close.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I endorse the current title except for calling Hamas a terrorist group. They are Freedom Fighters and should be referred to as such

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

also lol at teh thread title

Please change it to "C-SPAM Unequivocally Stands with the Freedom Fighters of Hamas"

Much to think on. Perhaps.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

DarkSithLord posted:

they're terrorists and we wholeheartedly support them. d2i.

PhilippAchtel posted:

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Popy posted:

its freedom fighters when its US-backed

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

death to israel but please don't terrorize them :ohdear: :qq:

Convincing arguments.

I unequivocally stand with the terrorist group Hamas.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

War is bad. I sincerely hope Israel surrenders and withdraws so peace can return.

Remember, Israel can stop the war at any time by just going home.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

I would say I hope Israel becomes a wasteland of piss and ash but I'd rather it become a paradise of interreligious harmony as it was prior to occupation

As always, the fault lies with the British.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

turn on your monitor

Look, the murder of children with rocks via sniper or the slow extermination of a people via encroaching settlements and forced relocations into ghettos is just one of those regrettable but inevitable things we all just have to learn to accept. You should think of those civilians and children as 'phased out' or 'surplus to requirements'.

Killing *these* civilians is unacceptable though, because *these* civilians are real people who had a future unlike that other riff raff!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Fizzy has one of the better gimmicks on the forums, and is certainly the most dedicated to it

Does Fizzy have an alt for normal posting or is it just 24/7 Fizzy mode?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

It is forbidden to remember more than a single afternoon or attempt to contextualize things

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Snipe: d2i

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think they legitimately bought all the racist myths they've been saying about Palestinian people.

This was genuinely a huge win, and saying that Mossad let them do it takes away so much from them.

Yeah, I dont think this is a false flag op. If they wanted to gin up a Hamas attack to justify some kind of massive retaliation they probably could have done something much smaller and still leveled apartment blocks to the applause of the international crowd. It wasnt necessary to have their air of superiority completely shattered on multiple fronts

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

An army that consists of entirely snipers who can only hit targets under 5 ft tall

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I think being a smug dumbass is a requirement for GBS mod

They're still trying to get over the 'war bad' bit from earlier this year

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

hearing widespread disturbing reports that many israelis were unable to barricade themselves inside their homes because the invaders somehow had keys

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Poppers posted:

Didn’t catpetter kill a dog with a brick or something lol?

Catpetter could not stop doing syq no matter what warnings were given or punishments endured

Fizzy reposts the news, which is like syq just from paid sources

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

are they still talking about the rave and ignoring everything else

Id feel bad for the ravers if they werent literally set up at the edge of Gaza for a lurid thrill. Its like when someone sits down next to a bear on some talk show and the bear decides that today is the day and just mauls the poo poo out of them. Its tragic, yeah, but maybe have some caution and respect?

Also its not like Israel has ever shown restraint around civilians, before or after, so gently caress em. Everyone who has ever served in the IDF and every settler are vital components of the Israeli regime of oppression and occupation and are valid targets.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Spaced God posted:

It's so cool when people learn about this for the first time

Next look up the nypd submarine fleet. Or the time they tried to boost officer shooting accuracy during incidents by including officer suicides as one shot perpetrator kills and still couldn't break 30%

What the absolute gently caress

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

this might be morally unserious, but since i'm being that, and if i distance myself from the politics of the situation, the more it looks like a bad and cheesy horror movie. there's these people on X and they're high af three miles away from this beehive of hamas militants. it's six in the morning and the music is still going and here comes the paragliders. death from above 2023. but people react to it like they just watched jason vorhees terrorize a summer camp. some are horrified, and some cheer on the serial killer just because his prey are so stupid. three miles away. what the gently caress. the whole situation is certifiably insane.

Yeah, I had the same thought while out on a morning walk. Theyre the teens in a horror movie who go to a party at the old haunted murder house, except its the still active murder house and their friends, family, and government are the ones responsible for the ongoing murders. Its just profoundly stupid.

Also lmao about the moral high ground in general. Anyone complaining about Palestine losing the moral high ground was always going to find an excuse to support Israel, and no amount of war crimes or genocide will ever tarnish Israel in their eyes.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Closing the ring seems improbable without a similar invasion force also in the West Bank. Abbas is a corrupt slug

As this goes on hopefully their sense of self preservation kicks in, because there is zero chance Israel confines its retaliation to just Gaza

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al! posted:

the moral high ground

But have you considered Hamas killed a bunch of ravers?

Carpet bombing is a proportionate and justifiable response

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

But then how will people know you stand for peace?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I wonder what the command and control is like in Israel right now. Its only been three days and Hamas is still striking in multiple places, and the IDF is only trained to bully civilians with rocks. Maybe they're firing wildly at everything because internally nobody is really in charge and troops are just doing whatever they think they're supposed to be doing

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Do I have my timelines right, they had a rave 5 km from the Gaza border like a day AFTER Hamas started attacking?

Day of. Theres video of ravers with the Hamas paragliders coming in behind them. They threw a rave right outside the walls of Gaza and happened to pick the landing zone for the assault.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

In light of how quickly the extremely poor taste joke was hammered, I'd like to take a moment and thank Speng, Libster Shirt, and the rest for keeping this thread readable. You can't look at twitter without seeing a pile of bloody corpses and network news treats Gaza being carpet bombed as proportionate retaliation, so its nice to have somewhere that isnt horrifying to follow along with this madness

Thanks for putting in effort

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

Greenblatt ended his CNN segment calling Palestinian resistance fighters animals and the host agrees there is a bright line between fighters and terrorists

Now Christiane Amanpour is talking about a story of how a IOF unit of women, who were "non-military soldiers, intelligence soldiers" were killed or captured by Hamas

What the gently caress

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Hamas: Massacres a bunch of ravers congregating in the landing zone for their assault
Israel: Flattening entire city blocks and cutting off food and water to millions

I dunno, its hard to tell whose worse here. I really think Hamas crossed a line and now I just can't support them

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Death to the state of israel and all those who stand against freedom and justice.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Death to Israel and its supporters, at home and abroad

The only thing the zionists learned from the Holocaust was to invest more in PR

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Wife got an email from the university she works for earlier today saying they were sending out well wishes for all the victims of violence in Israel

They then issued a correction, saying they didnt mean to imply Israel's actions were as bad as Hamas.

Its 'Indigenous People's Day' in this demon cracker nation

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Kunster posted:

They cancelled every Palestinian work permit, so I dunno if they're going to start strapping them to lampposts with their faces painted as collaborators any time soon.

Wouldnt cutting off their captive labor force completely gently caress over any labor intensive industry at a time when their own citizens are also occupied?

How does a mobilized Israel without Palestinian labor continue to exist?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

wheres that twitter video of some brooklyn rear end in a top hat standing inside the gate of an elderly palestinian couple's house whining that the house actually belongs to him now

what a useless loving system. property rights are sacrosanct under capitalism, except when its not

Property rights have only ever mattered for the ruling class. For anyone else the ruling class can take your poo poo whenever and theres nothing you can do about it because they own the legal system and have a monopoly on violence. Thats the entire point of being in the ruling class. This is how its always worked.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Something interesting is happening on arab social media from my anecdotal observation, there is a massive realization happening amongst all classes that the west are actually evil and satanically racist and that all compromises mean nothing, there is a genuine wave of disgust with what the west is up to and a realization (even from the liberal weak kneed types) that the west will never grant them any form of humanity no matter how much they compromise.

There is also a huge outpouring of support from actual gulf social media, the people who were normally afraid of posting anything political in KSA and such have completely overwhelmed the troll bots and are now saying 'all us arabs have is each other, all us muslims have is each other' they're even outwardly saying they hope that carrier group gets blown up, and now there are some pro zionist quislings when they try to scare people point out that their masters made supporting hamas illegal and they will chase anyone who supports them will be legally chased, the overwhelming response from actual saudis and gulf arabs is 'Suck my dick, eat poo poo and die you loving worm'

Again this is anecdotal, but the tsunami of solidarity with palestine and how sharp it is from places I thought were under control by pro-zionists and the sheer rage from average real people is really inspiring. if israel thought they made any inroads to being tolerated by even a tiny fraction of arabs it was completely wiped away with their crimes, the slogan is now uniformly DTI.

Also have some cool pro-palestine fanart:-

(the guy in this picture is Izz-addin al-Qassam)

Good. The rest of the world needs to wake up and realize they're never going to be in the club, just used up and tossed aside when no longer convenient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

campfire posted:

Ah yes regular Arab people, famously known for thinking theyre in the club

Which nations are regular Arab people in charge of again?