Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wow I support arms to Ukraine now???

I knew you'd come around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

Disturbing bloodlust. The man has been dealing with the challenges of a normal heart recently.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/16/world/middleeast/israel-netanyahu-hospital.html

He got dehydrated from all the crying he was doing.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Nice try, you're not getting me to log back on Twitter to see if the report button actually does anything this time.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

mdemone posted:

are you trying to sell me drugs

edit: I did that but it didn't help

Telegram is the kind of drug that melts your brain and makes you dumber for it, so its like Twitter only it doesn't get progressively worse by the minute.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So they are going to bomb (Israeli) civilian areas too?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

I wish Palestine all the luck and hope this succeeds.

What exactly is the measure of success here?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oglethorpe posted:

they never stopped trying to eliminate palestine

True, this will just make them accelerate their plans. Probably ramp up settlement building at the least.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

papersack posted:

did Bibi actually go to the hospital today?

He keeps getting dehydrated, probably from a combination of crying and sweating profusely.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Another day dawns over Gaza

And it's still Palestinian

Now you're getting it

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

I know nevergoonreddit.mov
But using RES, you can apply keyword filters and filter subreddits out and thank Allah for them. I just wanna see like game updates or corgi pics or sport clips.

Didn't Reddit just introduce the inability to block tracking for advertisement purposes?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

BearsBearsBears posted:

I wonder what inspired the Israelis to name their tank the Merkava/Chariot.

In the bible at least there's mention of Judah's people having God with them and hence they won battles, but also one group had chariots of iron so they could not be beat. Dunno if there's an equivalent story in the Judaean canon of godstopping vehicles.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

i picked up a fantastic hobby in the form of warhammer 40,000

Watch Al-Saqr lose all his gains after really falling down the Space Marine hole.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

They're doing a lot of talking

Yeah, lots of people are talking like they are going to join in but then more or less nothing happens.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

egypt isnt going to accept 2 million refugees

Oh they'll accept them alright, then immediately reroute them to parts unknown.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

egypt isnt going to take the hit of accepting then rerouting much easier to not accept at all

Several other countries have already done similar things in the past.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

When you see a nation pondering nuking a civilian population but you're still mad they didn't support your dumb rear end so you call them weak for not going through with it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

If I know my Dragonball Z fandom they then immediately got into a fight about who was Goku and who was Vegeta followed by comparing power levels, which in this case would be oil production.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oh good the beheading story has made it to the local gymbro portion of the population, though it was mostly one guy getting really mad about it while the other dudes were like "Yeah it's probably a very complex situation" as they tried to get their reps in.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyTdMgBMam0

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

if you genuinely believe trump orchestrated this you are braindead

He couldn't orchestrate a hotdog stand, but he absolutely would sell state secrets to the highest bidder or show them off just to make himself look cool.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hatebag posted:

wow, crazy that they'd blame the guy who publicly stated that he was trying to goad hamas into attacking israel for hamas attacking israel

They would probably be all about it if it weren't for the fact he did that then proceeded to ignore the army when they told him that his attempts at judicial overhaul to benefit himself would leave the nation split and open to attack.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/netanyahu-dismantling-israeli-military-officials-warn-during-us-visit

Without his massive corruption it is likely Hamas would have had a much harder time of it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Kinda weird US government officials are going to foreign countries to let them know they value their civilian lives so much more than US civilians like this

You can't expect a mere Secretary of State to be able to do basic math.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

it's always the ooh ra look at mah guns and freedom types that are the most afraid

Oh no, we can't expect her to work on a weekend during a crisis like literally every other profession on Earth would.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The UN statement should just be shortened to "The United Nations considers this impossible" because there is legit no way to organize the evacuation of 100k let alone a million people in less than a week, especially when anyone who might coordinate and organize the evacuation locally is being bombed.

It's the flimsiest demand by Israel to act as a cover for the extermination to follow but anyone with even a cursory memory of past evacuations knows that they might as well have asked for Michael Jackson to come back to life and do a moonwalk on the actual moon .

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Thoguh posted:

They just wrote "Genocide" on the white board and plan to figure out the rest as they go along.

Imagine Homer developing his car, with a whiteboard where Genocide is spelled Jennyside

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Judgy Fucker posted:

I was under the impression post-Soviet Russia has kinda hedged on Israel because of the number of Russians who moved there after the collapse. Is/was that true? If so, I'm guessing it's not anymore--Israel won't abide being called Nazis, as apt as the analogy may be.

Lots of people are saying it's been a balancing act by both sides, but it looks like that went out the window in recent times.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

John Charity Spring posted:

thank you for the high school essay contribution

You are very welcome Spring, thank you kindly, namaste

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Death By The Blues posted:

Other posters have said it but bears repeating it was a trap to get people out of shelters to the open so they can indiscriminately bomb them throughout the day

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1712871852731740354

Just like the dozen or so times before they did this then?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

"We'll find out what he's made of" :shepicide:

Is the thing he's made of poo poo?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

24 hours go by so fast these days.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

a helpful bear posted:

twitter gave me an automatic 12 hour suspension for responding to the boston globe article about waiting to judge things until after israel did genocide, so i just deactivated my account. "free speech" platform lol

The last time I reported an out and out racist post on Twitter and actually saw a response it took about a month for the account to be suspended, so I guess we know where their priorities are.

(But seriously, everyone should get off Twitter, it is absolute garbage and the only reason to stay is that the news aggregate is terrible on other platforms).

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

BearsBearsBears posted:

Slava Palestina

That's right

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dokapon Findom posted:

Theocracy was the best government type in Civ 2 and not an option in subsequent games so I don't blame them

It was the only way to survive if you were playing Spain in the WW2 scenario and didn't want to buddy up to any of the other powers while fighting Germany. Just endless tank and partisan production.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Death By The Blues posted:

Told you its real its gonna happen lol. Also, the zionists are now just straight up targeting UN school shelters and hospitals absolutely disgusting.

https://twitter.com/UNRWA/status/1713163309568925929

What do they mean it's unprecedented it's happened like a dozen times before?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

The IDF appears to be staging forces for the ground invasion

Is there any chance at this point that they get cold feet?

That would be political suicide for Netanyahu, there's no way he would back down from letting other people die for his agenda and poll numbers.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

What's the most passive voice called? Inert?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

"I've been murdering civilians all day and boy am I tyred!"

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

mcmagic posted:

There is real anti semitism in the middle east but Israel created it.

Fairly sure antisemitism has been around a bit longer than that.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The Iron Dome is now Done, that is to say it has clocked out for today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

lumpentroll posted:

netanyahu fortnite skin

I thought there were rules against skins that massively increase collision boxes